Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Camp Coat Rack-Bench

Pecan boards, milled from a downed tree at the farm. I sanded, 80 grit, the rough cut boards.... no planing or further sanding. Though stickered when air dried, the boards warped pretty badly and I didn't feel like muscling these heavy boards more than I did, fo rbeter smoothness. They are smooth, though, with a few coats of finish on them.

It's presently disassembled and loaded for delivery, tomorrow. Seat is keyed to the sides. The back is notched and secured with 3" deck screws.

The left-right "wings" may be removed or reduced in size. Once assembled, it's wider than I realized, when initially building it, laying on the ground & on saw horses.

Seat is 6' wide.

Have 9 more hooks, so depending on the final size, placing hooks on the wings or sides is an option. Nice size hooks, too.

Feet are beveled, shorter, on the backside by 1/4", so that it leans toward the wall, when installed.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/25/2015 9:11 PM, Sonny wrote:
[...]

Looks great! You know, you seem to have the same problem that I have
and have been trying to change. BIG projects. ;~)
Some one has to do them, right?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, September 25, 2015 at 10:37:32 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Looks great! You know, you seem to have the same problem that I have
and have been trying to change. BIG projects. ;~)
Some one has to do them, right?

Two more pics. https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/?

Installed the coat rack this weekend. Looks pretty good installed, too. Not as big-looking, for the space, as I had thought it would be, but we may still reduce the width.... We'll live with it for a while, decide, later. I ordered 6 more hooks, should be in this week, so maybe this weekend I can get those installed.

Note the small dining table on the right, seats 4. This is why we need a larger dining table. I have a plan for a ER cedar trestle table. Soft wood, but we'll see how it goes. I have these slabs to work with, and plenty other cedar boards milled from 14, or so, hurricane-downed trees: https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

Yep, someone has to do them. It's hard to steer away from too large of projects, sometimes. Thanks Leon.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/28/2015 9:01 AM, Sonny wrote:
On Friday, September 25, 2015 at 10:37:32 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Looks great! You know, you seem to have the same problem that I
have and have been trying to change. BIG projects. ;~) Some one
has to do them, right?

Two more pics. https://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/?

Installed the coat rack this weekend. Looks pretty good installed,
too. Not as big-looking, for the space, as I had thought it would
be, but we may still reduce the width.... We'll live with it for a
while, decide, later. I ordered 6 more hooks, should be in this
week, so maybe this weekend I can get those installed.

Did you install the coat rack or just set it where it wanted to be. LOL

Note the small dining table on the right, seats 4. This is why we
need a larger dining table. I have a plan for a ER cedar trestle
table. Soft wood, but we'll see how it goes. I have these slabs to
work with, and plenty other cedar boards milled from 14, or so,
hurricane-downed trees:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...posted-public/

Looking good!

Yep, someone has to do them. It's hard to steer away from too
large of projects, sometimes. Thanks Leon.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 9:14:59 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Installed the coat rack this weekend.

Did you install the coat rack or just set it where it wanted to be. LOL

LOL. A little of both, I suppose. This is where we had originally thought to put it. I wasn't sure if it would be too big for the space. I thought it might be too close to the (cooking) burners, on the right, but these burners' placement is temporary (presently our only cooktop). We have a gas stove proposed (as soon as we get a gas line installed), along with some remodeling of other kitchen cabinet and appliance arrangements. We are to revamp the bathroom facilities, also, in conjunction with the kitchen overhaul.

Originally, the bathroom was a quick build, assembly.... at the least, some privacy for the girls, not much other reasonable planning. In that small area, we have a toilet, shower, water heater, washer/dryer and storage cabinet. No vanity and the plumbing is a mess (piecemeal/tie-in installation, as per randomly installed facilities), i.e., seemingly typical hit-or-miss Cajun construction, 'round these parts.

Sonny

COAT RACK J T Woodworking 0 August 23rd 06 07:57 PM
Help with coat rack Joseph Handy Woodworking 3 March 1st 06 10:23 PM
COAT RACK J T Woodworking 0 January 7th 06 08:58 PM
OLD-POST COAT RACK J T Woodworking 0 January 4th 06 07:31 PM
BASEBALL COAT RACK J T Woodworking 0 January 4th 06 06:42 PM