Posted to rec.woodworking

Default hunting for a woodturner

I screwed up - not for the first time, nor will it be the last, but this
one is embarrassing.

I recently went to the national model railroad convention in Portland
Oregon. While waiting for a presentation to start, I got to talking to
another attendee and found out he was also a woodturner. I took his card
and promised to send him info on a company that I had bought tools from
that I liked.

You know the rest - I lost the card. So if any of you know a woodturner
who is also a model railroader please ask him if he's the one I talked
to. If so, he can contact me by email and I'll get back to him. Thanks.

Yes, I'll post this to the turners newsgroup as well, but it's been
pretty dead. This is about the only active newsgroup of all the ones I
used to participate in.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote in
:

I screwed up - not for the first time, nor will it be the last, but
this one is embarrassing.

I recently went to the national model railroad convention in Portland
Oregon. While waiting for a presentation to start, I got to talking
to another attendee and found out he was also a woodturner. I took
his card and promised to send him info on a company that I had bought
tools from that I liked.

You know the rest - I lost the card. So if any of you know a
woodturner who is also a model railroader please ask him if he's the
one I talked to. If so, he can contact me by email and I'll get back
to him. Thanks.

Yes, I'll post this to the turners newsgroup as well, but it's been
pretty dead. This is about the only active newsgroup of all the ones
I used to participate in.

If this doesn't work, perhaps posting in the Layout Construction Yahoo!
Group will get you the desired result. I noticed there's quite a few
layout builders that like woodworking there.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 8 Sep 2015 22:55:08 +0000 (UTC)
Larry Blanchard wrote:

Yes, I'll post this to the turners newsgroup as well, but it's been
pretty dead. This is about the only active newsgroup of all the ones
I used to participate in.

hunting for a woodturner but it is not woodturner hunting season yet
maybe scatter some glossy full-color lathe brochures around in preparation