Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cabinets DONE!

Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She and
I spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and today
we attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/3/2015 8:58 PM, Leon wrote:
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She and
I spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and today
we attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

I'm certainly not going to show my wife. Nice work.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/3/2015 8:34 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/3/2015 8:58 PM, Leon wrote:
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She and
I spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and today
we attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

I'm certainly not going to show my wife. Nice work.

LOL, thank you ED.

Maybe you would want to show her the matching pieces.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13703040283/

We added matching knobs to this today also.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...7630857421932/

And I just remembered I have to add lighting over the long arm.. ;~(

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/3/2015 8:58 PM, Leon wrote:
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She and
I spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and today
we attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

Pretty good work there. Hope she is happy.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 7:58:46 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed.

That pastel green color is pleasing to the eye. Nice choice and a nice contrast. Her quilting friends will be envious, no doubt.

Two thumbs up!

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/3/2015 8:55 PM, woodchucker wrote:
On 9/3/2015 8:58 PM, Leon wrote:
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She and
I spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and today
we attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

Pretty good work there. Hope she is happy.

Thank you!

She went immediately into dreaming of filling it mode. ;~) She helped
a lot with painting so she has a bit of a vested interest.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/3/2015 8:58 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, September 3, 2015 at 7:58:46 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed.

That pastel green color is pleasing to the eye. Nice choice and a nice contrast. Her quilting friends will be envious, no doubt.

Two thumbs up!

Sonny

Thank you Sonny! Her quilting friends are customers. ;~) There is a
method to my madness. LOL

The color is "Minted" by Sherwin Williams. We are pretty happy with
the color too, it seems to glow with natural lighting and reflects light
well too. The three pieces in all brighten the room.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She
and I spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and
today we attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Congratulations, another big project completed!

Bill

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/3/2015 7:58 PM, Leon wrote:
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She and
I spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and today
we attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.

Well done as usual.
BTW, you're running out of house...

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She and
I spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and today
we attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

Very well done--as usual.

--
GW Ross

Despite the high cost of living, it
remains a popular item.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She
and I spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and
today we attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Congratulations, another big project completed!

Thank you Bill. I appreciate your noticing a big project. I really did
not notice that until I realized that we painted on 8 separate days.
That was partially because I built in 3 stages.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
On 9/3/2015 7:58 PM, Leon wrote:
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She and
I spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and today
we attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.

Well done as usual.
BTW, you're running out of house...

Thank you! Don't look too close. The heat and humidity on this third
project did not allow us to paint as smoothly nor were the results as good
as the first two. We did not use fans to combat the heat when we painted
in the winter and the paint set up much faster this time because of all of
the air movement. . But it looks fine.

I was thinking that I was running out of house too. :-). I think I can
squeeze in 4 or so more relative large pieces.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She and I
spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and today we
attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

How do I say this Leon?

Your sewing room cabinets look nicer than a lot of folk's china cabinets.
How are you going to top this sort of thing when called upon to make
something REALLY nice? The design-build problems you must have! ;-)

Good work there Leon. Try to not make the rest of us look like a bunch of
ham fisted cave men in the shop.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/3/2015 9:46 PM, Leon wrote:

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

I'm certainly not going to show my wife. Nice work.

LOL, thank you ED.

Maybe you would want to show her the matching pieces.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13703040283/

NO !!!!!!!! She'd love to have that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/4/2015 8:33 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/3/2015 9:46 PM, Leon wrote:

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

I'm certainly not going to show my wife. Nice work.

LOL, thank you ED.

Maybe you would want to show her the matching pieces.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13703040283/

NO !!!!!!!! She'd love to have that.

LOL... Well we built our home about 4 years ago. She got her dedicated
sewing studio and I got my 3 car shop. It was a small price to pay to
get the 3 car shop. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/4/2015 8:20 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
Finally the cabinets for my wife's sewing studio are completed. She
and I spent the week painting the upper shelves, doors, and backs and
today we attached all of that. I'm glad to be done with my part.

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

How do I say this Leon?

Your sewing room cabinets look nicer than a lot of folk's china
cabinets. How are you going to top this sort of thing when called upon
to make something REALLY nice? The design-build problems you must have!
;-)

Thank you Lee. To answer your question, I'm hoping that the next
project will not have paint. ;~)

Good work there Leon. Try to not make the rest of us look like a bunch
of ham fisted cave men in the shop.

Nonsense, I am in a constant state of practice and get lucky a lot!
Having said that I have developed a way of building cabinets, and a big
thanks to Swingman for steering me in the right direction about 10 years
ago, that seems to work well, the front "and" back face frame method.
In the last 3 1/2 years I have built 37 cabinets/pieces of furniture
using this design principal. It tends to be a very solid way to
construct, solves certain issues, and lends itself to adding decorative
options.

I pride myself in the fact that the carcasses and face frames have no
nails or screws. Dado's, grooves, rabbets, floating tenons and
mortises, and glue are what hold it all together.
Then the nasty part of adding screws for door hinges, drawer slides,
pulls, moldings, and back panels take their toll. ;~(

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 9:29:53 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Then the nasty part of adding screws for door hinges, drawer slides,
pulls, moldings, and back panels take their toll. ;~(

Some of my nasty "parts" consist of manipulating enough clamps around a structure, within the alloted glue-set time. Seems, baton twirling skills would help, in the handling of pipe clamps, at times.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/3/2015 9:46 PM, Leon wrote:

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

I'm certainly not going to show my wife. Nice work.

LOL, thank you ED.

Maybe you would want to show her the matching pieces.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13703040283/

NO !!!!!!!! She'd love to have that.

LOL... Well we built our home about 4 years ago. She got her dedicated
sewing studio and I got my 3 car shop. It was a small price to pay to
get the 3 car shop. ;~)

Showed my wife. She wants to marry you. Legal papers to follow, I
already signed the release.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/3/2015 9:46 PM, Leon wrote:

Next and last step will be to have my glass guy install the glass.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/21132859801/

Her majesty dreaming of filling it up.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb112...n/photostream/

I'm certainly not going to show my wife. Nice work.

LOL, thank you ED.

Maybe you would want to show her the matching pieces.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/13703040283/

NO !!!!!!!! She'd love to have that.

LOL... Well we built our home about 4 years ago. She got her dedicated
sewing studio and I got my 3 car shop. It was a small price to pay to
get the 3 car shop. ;~)

Showed my wife. She wants to marry you. Legal papers to follow, I
already signed the release.

Sorry, I'm sure she is lovely but I already have a neighborhood full of
wives with wish lists. :~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 9/4/2015 10:58 AM, Sonny wrote:
On Friday, September 4, 2015 at 9:29:53 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Then the nasty part of adding screws for door hinges, drawer
slides, pulls, moldings, and back panels take their toll. ;~(

Some of my nasty "parts" consist of manipulating enough clamps around
a structure, within the alloted glue-set time. Seems, baton
twirling skills would help, in the handling of pipe clamps, at
times.

Sonny

I use TBIII to get the extended open time. The face frames, front and
back are already glued together so basically I have 2 face frames, 2
sides, a top and a bottom, and a center vertical panel. But I do have
about 48 feet of groves and dado's that have to be filled with glue in
about a 15 minute period for each upper cabinet. These all lock into
each other so clamping just holds it together should something like this
happen. ;~)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/20519288345/

It all goes together like a puzzle, on top of my spacer blocks, thank
you Swingman, and then as a last step I add the clamps.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/20509424642/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Another great job, Leon. Once again you have shown your design skills to build in completely different design elements. Then the ability to execute it so skillfully.

But... now we can't come see you and Kim this Christmas. This is your fault. I thought Kathy was never going to quit getting after me to build her something after being there and seeing the TV cove/stand/cabinetry. She loves your work (as do I!) but buddy... you are making it hard on the rest of us.

Seriously, you set the bar pretty damn high. It reminds me of when I go to a get together with Kathy's friends and they find out how much I cook, smoke, grill and bake, then they give their husbands a lot of grief over the fact they do little or nothing in the kitchen.

Great work, and honestly (all kidding aside!) I hope we get to see it installed and in use this year.

Robert

My new cabinets Doug[_16_] Home Repair 0 November 11th 12 10:19 PM
Building Kitchen Cabinets - 5 Woodworking Tools You Will Need(kitchen cabinets) [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 25th 08 01:50 AM
Building Kitchen Cabinets - 5 Woodworking Tools You Will Need(kitchen cabinets) [email protected] Home Ownership 0 April 25th 08 01:42 AM
Building Kitchen Cabinets - 5 Woodworking Tools You Will Need(kitchen cabinets) [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 25th 08 01:42 AM
Building Kitchen Cabinets - 5 Woodworking Tools You Will Need(kitchen cabinets) [email protected] Home Repair 0 April 25th 08 01:40 AM