Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lee Valley Gift Card Sale

Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's about 10%
off.

I plan on saving mine for the next free shipping event.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper wrote:
Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's about 10%
off.

I plan on saving mine for the next free shipping event.

In case you are interested, if you order at "The Woodworking Shows",
they give free shipping.
Bill

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 13 Aug 2015 13:39:04 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's
about 10% off.

they have nice stuff but the prices are usually high to begin with
maybe with 10% and free shipping they are more competitive

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/13/2015 9:39 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's about 10%
off.

I plan on saving mine for the next free shipping event.

Puckdropper

I can't find what "special event card" means. They are not like regular
gift cards. Anyone else have any luck on finding the rules for special
event card?

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote in
:

On 8/13/2015 9:39 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's
about 10% off.

I plan on saving mine for the next free shipping event.

Puckdropper

I can't find what "special event card" means. They are not like
regular gift cards. Anyone else have any luck on finding the rules
for special event card?

I don't see any mention of "special event card" on the page:
http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=73254

Looks like a normal gift card to me.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/13/2015 12:46 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
woodchucker wrote in
:

On 8/13/2015 9:39 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's
about 10% off.

I plan on saving mine for the next free shipping event.

Puckdropper

I can't find what "special event card" means. They are not like
regular gift cards. Anyone else have any luck on finding the rules
for special event card?

I don't see any mention of "special event card" on the page:
http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=73254

Looks like a normal gift card to me.

Puckdropper

I think this is the special event, a discount.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/13/2015 9:39 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's about 10%
off.

I plan on saving mine for the next free shipping event.

Puckdropper

What a bunch of greedy SOBs you all are. It is a GIFT card, meant to be
given away as a GIFT, not kept for yourself to save a few bucks.

If anyone needs my address to send me one, just email me for a quick
response. Then I'll know your heart is in the right place!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Electric Comet wrote in news:mqibm3$p6a$2
@dont-email.me:

On 13 Aug 2015 13:39:04 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's
about 10% off.

they have nice stuff but the prices are usually high to begin with
maybe with 10% and free shipping they are more competitive

Much of their stuff is significantly better quality than
average, and the high prices are justified. Of course,
some of it is not, and is simply overpriced. You have to
be a discerning shopper.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/13/2015 3:37 PM, John McCoy wrote:
Electric Comet wrote in news:mqibm3$p6a$2
@dont-email.me:

On 13 Aug 2015 13:39:04 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's
about 10% off.

they have nice stuff but the prices are usually high to begin with
maybe with 10% and free shipping they are more competitive

Much of their stuff is significantly better quality than
average, and the high prices are justified. Of course,
some of it is not, and is simply overpriced. You have to
be a discerning shopper.

John

Exactly! And understand that their service is almost second to none.
If you have a problem they, 99.9 % of the time, handle it with one
contact.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's
about 10% off.
I plan on saving mine for the next free shipping event.
Puckdropper

I can't find what "special event card" means. They are not like
regular gift cards. Anyone else have any luck on finding the rules
for special event card?

I don't see any mention of "special event card" on the page:
http://www.leevalley.com/us/home/page.aspx?p=73254
Looks like a normal gift card to me.
Puckdropper

While supplies last / limited number available
and not available as the online electronic print-it-yourself type of
gift certificate.
John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Exactly! And understand that their service is almost second to none.
If you have a problem they, 99.9 % of the time, handle it with one
contact.

I ordered some lawn mower parts from Troy-Bilt Tuesday afternoon paying
for "second day air" at $9.99, and had them by 6:00 pm the next day
(Wednesday), and so I was able to install them today. Your post
reminded me that I wanted to thank them for their "expediency". I just
spent 5-10 minutes browsing around for a way to contact them by email,
but couldn't find anything--the messages they sent me said "do not
reply". Sign of the times? lol
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill" wrote:
I ordered some lawn mower parts from Troy-Bilt Tuesday afternoon
paying for "second day air" at $9.99, and had them by 6:00 pm the
next day (Wednesday), and so I was able to install them today. Your
post reminded me that I wanted to thank them for their "expediency".
I just spent 5-10 minutes browsing around for a way to contact them
by email, but couldn't find anything--the messages they sent me said
"do not reply". Sign of the times? lol

Go to Troy-Bilt Parts, "Ask a Question".

Submit your compliment as a Question.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 20:37:57 +0000 (UTC)
John McCoy wrote:

Much of their stuff is significantly better quality than
average, and the high prices are justified. Of course,
some of it is not, and is simply overpriced. You have to
be a discerning shopper.

i have bought some of their stuff
it is still good

discernmant is usually a good skill in most everything
except maybe in a gift horse

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 13 Aug 2015 13:39:04 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's
about 10% off.

if you want to spend 850 you can save 15 percent

but i wonder how the card works

do you add the money to your account
because then you could also buy things on sale and save even more

but i wonder if they allow that

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

What a bunch of greedy SOBs you all are. It is a GIFT card, meant to
be given away as a GIFT, not kept for yourself to save a few bucks.

If anyone needs my address to send me one, just email me for a quick
response. Then I'll know your heart is in the right place!

I'll send you mine if you send me yours. :-)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's
about 10% off.

if you want to spend 850 you can save 15 percent
but i wonder how the card works

do you add the money to your account
because then you could also buy things on sale and save even more
but i wonder if they allow that

A $ 1000. card will cost $ 850.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/home/pag...3253&cat=73254

Use it for anything except Festool or SawStop.

It's as simple as that.

It says that it can be used for future purchases - which would seem to
indicate that paying off your account is not allowed.

John T.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Bill" wrote:
I ordered some lawn mower parts from Troy-Bilt Tuesday afternoon
paying for "second day air" at $9.99, and had them by 6:00 pm the
next day (Wednesday), and so I was able to install them today. Your
post reminded me that I wanted to thank them for their "expediency".
I just spent 5-10 minutes browsing around for a way to contact them
by email, but couldn't find anything--the messages they sent me said
"do not reply". Sign of the times? lol

Go to Troy-Bilt Parts, "Ask a Question".

Submit your compliment as a Question.

I needed to submit my feedback through a chat session, but it's done.
Thanks!

Bill

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/13/2015 8:32 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On 13 Aug 2015 13:39:04 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's
about 10% off.

if you want to spend 850 you can save 15 percent

but i wonder how the card works

do you add the money to your account
because then you could also buy things on sale and save even more

but i wonder if they allow that

Of course they let you use your gift card to buy items on sale. When
you check out on line you enter your gift card number and you GC balance
is reduced by the total of the ticket. Handled just like any other gift
card.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 8/13/2015 8:32 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On 13 Aug 2015 13:39:04 GMT
Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Lee Valley has a sale going on their gift cards. Looks like it's
about 10% off.

if you want to spend 850 you can save 15 percent

but i wonder how the card works

do you add the money to your account
because then you could also buy things on sale and save even more

but i wonder if they allow that

Of course they let you use your gift card to buy items on sale. When
you check out on line you enter your gift card number and you GC
balance is reduced by the total of the ticket. Handled just like any
other gift card.

Obviously, this is a thinly-veiled disguise to offer a 15% discount to
those who agree to spend $1000 in advance. Nothing wrong with that, as
someone spending at that level is perhaps entitled to a discount. And
I'm sure there is a percentage of gift cards that, for whatever reason,
are never fully redeemed.

As far as gifts go, put me down for the 3pc spokeshave set and the
router plane. That's only about $400 though, so I can't buy a
card--maybe someone else will have something left over on his or her
card? : ) LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 08:39:54 -0400
hubops wrote:

Use it for anything except Festool or SawStop.

that goes without saying

It says that it can be used for future purchases - which would seem to
indicate that paying off your account is not allowed.

it is a good deal if you shop there enough
also consider that the 850 can boost flyer miles and/or whatever else
your credit card gets you.