Posted to rec.woodworking

Default test

Haven't been able to get any messages today.
--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote in news:srWdnQWnBKnz4z3InZ2dnUU7-
:

Haven't been able to get any messages today.

Haven't seen any either. Project updates, anyone?

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, July 10, 2015 at 10:23:34 PM UTC-5, Puckdropper at dot wrote:

Haven't been able to get any messages today.

Haven't seen any either. Project updates, anyone?

I had been on a little vacation, maybe the same as with others, being absent.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 11:58:31 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

My daughter is starting graduate school in August. Different school, different city, different housing. Last year I built her a full size platform bed, tall enough to fit those 18 gallon plastic totes underneath. The room in the house she was sharing was small and the bed barley fit between the desk and the wall. No room for a nightstand.

In August we're moving her into much bigger room in a much bigger house, so I want to build her a simple night stand, tall enough to match the height of her bed.

I was thinking of something like this. Easy to build, rustic enough to match her bed frame, and I probably have enough material lying around:

http://www.lowes.com/creative-ideas/...3ways-hero.jpg

I like personal projects, as that. When I do a project, specific for someone, I try to include, into the making/design, some element of the person's character, or likes, or something of/about that individual, to further make the piece special to them, alone. Sometimes, the simplest of projects are the best.

If I may: Try to include, into your project, a (small?) similar element of design, somehow, somewhere, that is a "touch" of her, her career/schooling, maybe with a hint of a feminine "soft-touch" flavor.... Something! Something specific of or for her, alone. Some element of design, that she'll know it came from you and is specific for her.

Example: Stashed in the family album, a first grade picture, she drew of you, that you could decoupage onto a flat surface of the table?

Your proposed project reminds me: I made a small book case for someone, long ago, when they went to college. They still have it and consider it special. These days, it is decor functional, for them, more so than as a book case. Makes me feel good, just thinking about it.... Good thoughts!

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 2:12:31 PM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
[...]

Maybe I could decoupage a copy of a spreadsheet showing how much I've spent on tuition, rent, meals, cars, hotels, tours, moves, storage, etc. since she started college. ;-)

AFCI test rig and test design Robert Green Home Repair 16 July 18th 13 08:12 AM
Test, Willie, Test Meat Plow[_6_] Electronics Repair 1 June 12th 11 05:21 AM
Test 1_Patriotic_Guy Home Repair 3 July 20th 06 01:11 AM
FWW Cabinet Saw Test [2/3] - "FWW Cabinet Saw Test.pdf.par2" yEnc (1/1) BobS Woodworking 1 August 25th 05 03:36 AM
FWW Cabinet Saw Test [1/3] - "FWW Cabinet Saw Test.pdf" yEnc (1/5) D Steck Woodworking 0 August 24th 05 11:52 PM