Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Collated screw gun recommendations?

Guys ...

Looking for a collated screw gun for two tasks -- securing joint hangers and securing 5/4 deck boards. Ridgid has one for about $100 and Lowes carries an $80 Senco. I don't plan on getting into the deck building business, but I do want to make this one a tad easier on these old bones. Deck is about 350 SF so I'm going to be driving a lot of screws. Any thoughts?

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/26/2015 7:16 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Guys ...

Looking for a collated screw gun for two tasks -- securing joint hangers and securing 5/4 deck boards. Ridgid has one for about $100 and Lowes carries an $80 Senco. I don't plan on getting into the deck building business, but I do want to make this one a tad easier on these old bones. Deck is about 350 SF so I'm going to be driving a lot of screws. Any thoughts?

Larry

Not sure if there is really any difference between them. Cheap refurb:

http://www.tylertool.com/factory-rec...u6JhoC8C7w_wcB

--
pentapus
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/26/2015 7:16 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
Guys ...

Looking for a collated screw gun for two tasks -- securing joint hangers and securing 5/4 deck boards. Ridgid has one for about $100 and Lowes carries an $80 Senco. I don't plan on getting into the deck building business, but I do want to make this one a tad easier on these old bones. Deck is about 350 SF so I'm going to be driving a lot of screws. Any thoughts?

Larry

get the mcfeelys biscuits and hide the screws between the boards. :-)

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gramps' shop" wrote in
:

Guys ...

Looking for a collated screw gun for two tasks -- securing joint
hangers and securing 5/4 deck boards. Ridgid has one for about $100
and Lowes carries an $80 Senco. I don't plan on getting into the deck
building business, but I do want to make this one a tad easier on
these old bones. Deck is about 350 SF so I'm going to be driving a
lot of screws. Any thoughts?

Larry

Nothing related to the two screw guns, but since you asked for any
thoughts...

Buy the bulk packs early in the process. There's a break-even point
where the bulk pack is cheaper than the individual and you've got a much
better chance of reaching it if you start earlier.

While you can get long deck boards (Menards had sizes every 2' up to 20-
some feet), stick to sizes you can carry back in your vehicle. You'll
have extra and you may get some bad ones. Since I had some really long
boards I couldn't fit in the van, I had to have the delivery company come
out and pick up the items to return them.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Adhesive coated, collated finish nails? JayPique Woodworking 20 April 29th 19 11:00 PM
collated screws Fred UK diy 13 July 7th 10 10:13 PM
Genie Garage Door Opener screw drive - Screw coming apart timwilson Home Repair 3 June 24th 07 03:53 AM
Senco collated screwgun: review yourname Home Repair 0 September 22nd 06 08:31 PM
Senco Duraspin Collated Screwguns Nick Home Repair 3 September 10th 06 12:40 AM