Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O.T. No role for ground troops in Iraq

Friday, May 22, 2015: Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham
Clinton speaks to reporters after a round table discussion at
Smuttynose Brewery, in Hampton, N.H. (AP)

On Friday, she said the U.S. should stay its course, not expand it.

"American air support is available, American intelligence and
surveillance is available, American trainers are trying to undo the
damage that was done to the Iraqi army by former Prime Minister
Maliki, who bears a very big part of the responsibility for what is
happening inside Iraq today," she said.

"But at the end of the thought process that I engage in ... this has
to be fought by and won by the Iraqis. There is no role whatsoever for
American soldiers on the ground to go back other than in the capacity
as trainers and advisers."

And that was music to a lot or ears. She may not be saying much, but
when she does speak it is what a lot of people want to hear.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jerry Osage wrote:
[...]

Yup, She tells you what you want to hear. But, she does not often do
what you want to hear.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 1:14:07 AM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

American air support is really not available. When you compare the last time we moved in and just provided air support and what we are doing this time, you can see just how much of a token our current efforts are. Back in Bosina we were flying 10,000, or more, sorties a month. Now we do good to do a hundred in a week, usually much less.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Jerry Osage wrote in :

"But at the end of the thought process that I engage in ... this has
to be fought by and won by the Iraqis. There is no role whatsoever for
American soldiers on the ground to go back other than in the capacity
as trainers and advisers."

Well, I'd agree with that. If the Iraqis are unwilling to fight
for their own country (which has been the case so far, excepting
the Kurds), then there's no reason for Americans to fight for it.

Interesting that Clinton is expressing the exact same position
as Ron Paul, even tho they're on opposite ends of the political
spectrum.

John
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 May 2015 04:18:49 -0500, Leon wrote:

Jerry Osage wrote:
[...]

Sorry, I posted this to the wrong group. However, since I managed to
do that, let me say that I think that there is actually a good chance
that the country will elect her no matter what she says or has done in
the past.

Jerry O.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 May 2015 14:07:48 +0000 (UTC), John McCoy
wrote:

Jerry Osage wrote in :

"But at the end of the thought process that I engage in ... this has
to be fought by and won by the Iraqis. There is no role whatsoever for
American soldiers on the ground to go back other than in the capacity
as trainers and advisers."

Well, I'd agree with that. If the Iraqis are unwilling to fight
for their own country (which has been the case so far, excepting
the Kurds), then there's no reason for Americans to fight for it.

Interesting that Clinton is expressing the exact same position
as Ron Paul, even tho they're on opposite ends of the political
spectrum.

John

Again, sorry, I posted to the wrong group.

I also agree, and I think that this position is a common sense
position that transcends political positions for a lot of people.

Jerry O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2015 9:07 AM, John McCoy wrote:
Jerry Osage wrote in :

"But at the end of the thought process that I engage in ... this has
to be fought by and won by the Iraqis. There is no role whatsoever for
American soldiers on the ground to go back other than in the capacity
as trainers and advisers."

Well, I'd agree with that. If the Iraqis are unwilling to fight
for their own country (which has been the case so far, excepting
the Kurds), then there's no reason for Americans to fight for it.

Interesting that Clinton is expressing the exact same position
as Ron Paul, even tho they're on opposite ends of the political
spectrum.

All politicians will align their strategies to get elected. Then it is
every man for him self when we have to deal with the changed agenda
after they are elected.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Jerry Osage wrote:
[...]

I pray to GOD that Trey Gowdy tears her to shreds and I pray
to GOD you're WRONG

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 May 2015 12:53:04 -0500, Leon wrote:

Interesting that Clinton is expressing the exact same position as Ron
Paul, even tho they're on opposite ends of the political spectrum.

All politicians will align their strategies to get elected. Then it is
every man for him self when we have to deal with the changed agenda
after they are elected.

That's for sure - and they'll all go for a popular position!

I do think Ron Paul probably means it, but I've been fooled before.