Posted to rec.woodworking

Default old outhouse seat

Hey Steven I'm sure you have found one by now but I have a 3seater. I'm in central Illinois. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks, Becky
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 06 May 2015 15:37:26 -0400
Keith Nuttle wrote:

your key hole saw and cut a circle out of a board file down the edges
and you were in business. Depending where it was located you could
start using it before the door went on the out house.

you filed down the edges

that is fancy with a door

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 9:14:36 AM UTC-4, Bill Gill wrote:
On 5/6/2015 4:31 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

I have a friend who has an open-air single seater which looks out over a valley. There is basically no approach route other than from behind. There is a short wall that hides the back of the person using the faciilty, but the person's head is exposed so others will know that the out-no-house is "occupied" and not approach.

It's pretty cool (no joke) sitting out in the open, looking over a valley, while letting nature take it's course.

And in the winter it is REALLY cool.

Bill

I can't speak to that...I've only been there in the summer. Many (20+) years ago we spent 3 weeks camping on the land helping them build a large cabin.. All summer long, friends and family came from all over the country to spend whatever time they could camping, building and hanging out.

90% of the structure was built with wood culled from the land by a local guy with a portable saw mill. Other than the plywood for the floors and a few rafters (somebody counted wrong) all of the wood came from my friends land. 1 x 6 boards were attached diagonally to the studs as the external sheathing. I spent a lot of time cutting 45's on those boards as the guys on the ladders yelled down measurement after measurement.

To this day, those 3 weeks still rank as the best vacation I've ever taken. We've visted a few times since then. The out-no-house is still there, although new holes have been dug a few times over the years.

Outhouse Seat Redo - When An Idea Presents Itself Sonny Woodworking 9 April 28th 14 03:35 AM
old outhouse seat [email protected] Woodworking 5 April 23rd 14 03:57 AM
O/T: Outhouse Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 0 December 6th 11 07:29 AM
Outhouse Contest SteveB Metalworking 29 November 1st 05 08:30 PM
outhouse boiler Mike UK diy 0 December 18th 04 09:17 PM