Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping -MIKE- , mikedrums

From thread "Water Based Poly"

Hmmm, about the drums. :-)
The head says Premier but those lugs and badges don't look like Premier.
What year?

-MIKE-

Spent part of Easter weekend at the farm.

I asked Jonas about the drums. I thought they were my brother's (Jonas' dad), but no, they are Jonas'.

He said they are Premier's "Signia Marquis" set, about 18 yrs old. He didn't recall the exact age.

Listening to Eric Clapton, Jonas played and coached Blake, my niece's son. We had a good time. A few pics....

With school out for Easter week, Blake is hanging out with me, for a few days. The work bench is a bit tall, for him....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...h/17078649242/

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/8/15 1:50 PM, Sonny wrote:
From thread "Water Based Poly"

Hmmm, about the drums. :-) The head says Premier but those lugs
and badges don't look like Premier. What year?

-MIKE-

Spent part of Easter weekend at the farm.

I asked Jonas about the drums. I thought they were my brother's
(Jonas' dad), but no, they are Jonas'.

He said they are Premier's "Signia Marquis" set, about 18 yrs old.
He didn't recall the exact age.

Listening to Eric Clapton, Jonas played and coached Blake, my
niece's son. We had a good time. A few pics....

With school out for Easter week, Blake is hanging out with me, for a
few days. The work bench is a bit tall, for him....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/438361...h/17078649242/

Sonny

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all!

Those were really nice drums-- Premier's high end kit for that time, I
believe.
Premier (and some other makers like Sonor) use undersized shells. This
allows the drumheads to sit nice and flat on the bearing edge of the
shells which lets the drums be tuned real low and still have nice
sustain.

I applaud you for having your priorities straight by building the shop
around that sweet drum riser. :-D

Thanks for sharing.

--

-MIKE-