Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: PI Day

Happy PI day.

(3.14159)

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: PI Day Tomorrow

Happy PI day tomorrow.

(3.14159)

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, March 13, 2015 at 6:30:43 PM UTC-4, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Happy PI day tomorrow.

(3.14159)

Lew

http://teachpi.org/music/rap/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PI Day Tomorrow

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

Happy PI day tomorrow.

(3.14159)

Lew

Happy PI second: 3/14/15 9:26:53

Happy PI millisecond: 3/14/15 9:26:53.589

Happy PI microsecond: 3/14/15 9:26:53.589793

Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, March 13, 2015 at 3:40:05 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Happy PI day.

(3.14159)

Lew

Alas, my damn diabetes precludes me from celebrating pi day appropriately.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/15/2015 8:49 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
On Friday, March 13, 2015 at 3:40:05 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Happy PI day.

(3.14159)

Lew

Alas, my damn diabetes precludes me from celebrating pi day appropriately.

I hear you, being diabetic too...

Do you like and or miss pizza?

My wide makes a very low carb pizza that raised my BS count 5~7 points
and I eat half the pizza. The big difference is that instead of a bread
crust she uses a chopped cauliflower misture as the base. Other than
that it has the taste and flavor of a pizza.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, March 15, 2015 at 2:11:06 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 3/15/2015 8:49 AM, Gramps' shop wrote:
On Friday, March 13, 2015 at 3:40:05 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Happy PI day.

(3.14159)

Lew

Alas, my damn diabetes precludes me from celebrating pi day appropriately.

I hear you, being diabetic too...

Do you like and or miss pizza?

My wide makes a very low carb pizza that raised my BS count 5~7 points
and I eat half the pizza. The big difference is that instead of a bread
crust she uses a chopped cauliflower misture as the base. Other than
that it has the taste and flavor of a pizza.

Love pizza, Leon. Don't have it often and we go for the very thin crust. What I miss more than pizza is a nice five layer chocolate cake. And a tall stack of blueberry pancakes. And real Coke.

The only good thing to say about diabetes is that it is better than the stuff a lot of guys in my age group are fighting.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 15:48:31 -0700 (PDT), "Gramps' shop"
wrote:

[...]

The problem is that diabetes causes a lot of the stuff others have, as
well. I'm not diabetic but my wife is. I'm the one that just had
bypass surgery, though. I think I'm the only one in my rehab class
(10 or 12 others) who isn't diabetic.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gramps' shop" wrote:

The only good thing to say about diabetes is that it is better than
the stuff a lot of guys in my age group are fighting.

And what age group is that?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, March 15, 2015 at 7:42:55 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Gramps' shop" wrote:

The only good thing to say about diabetes is that it is better than
the stuff a lot of guys in my age group are fighting.

And what age group is that?

Lew

I'm a few months shy of 70, although my wife says on good days I am more like 9.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Gramps' shop" wrote:

The only good thing to say about diabetes is that it is better than
the stuff a lot of guys in my age group are fighting.

And what age group is that?

Lew

I easily decided when I was standing over my wife's hospital bed just a
number of months ago, due to acute pancreatitis, that the outcome or
possibility that came along with diabetes was far better than most of
the others. I would have been more than glad to "seal the deal" at that
moment if I could have. That said, the medicine is pricey (besides other
inconveniences that one can learn to deal with).

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gramps' shop" wrote:

The only good thing to say about diabetes is that it is better than
the stuff a lot of guys in my age group are fighting.

And what age group is that?

Lew

I'm a few months shy of 70, although my wife says on good days I am
more like 9.

My wife says something similar, but the problem is she does not tell me that
I have so many of those "good days"...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gramps' shop" wrote:

The only good thing to say about diabetes is that it is better than
the stuff a lot of guys in my age group are fighting.

Lew Hodgett wrote:

And what age group is that?

"Gramps' shop" wrote:

I'm a few months shy of 70, although my wife says on good days I am
more like 9.

AH-HA, that qualifies you as a rookie.

Will turn 78 this year.

Wait till "Artie" let's you know he has arrived.

As far as 9 is concerned, move overG.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:01:47 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
I'm a few months shy of 70, although my wife says on good days I am
more like 9.

AH-HA, that qualifies you as a rookie.
Will turn 78 this year.

Geez, you guys are ancient. I'll be hitting 61 in two days.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:01:47 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

AH-HA, that qualifies you as a rookie.

Will turn 78 this year.

Join the crowd - so will I :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/16/2015 11:36 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:01:47 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

AH-HA, that qualifies you as a rookie.

Will turn 78 this year.

Join the crowd - so will I :-).

Youngsters! I'll be 83 in a few months.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Max wrote:
On 3/16/2015 11:36 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:01:47 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

AH-HA, that qualifies you as a rookie.

Will turn 78 this year.

Join the crowd - so will I :-).

Youngsters! I'll be 83 in a few months.

Geezus. I feel like one of the youngsters here. I'll only be 62 in June.
And here I was, just starting to feel like I was becoming one of the senior
fellows on the interweb...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:03:51 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
Geezus. I feel like one of the youngsters here. I'll only be 62 in June.
And here I was, just starting to feel like I was becoming one of the senior
fellows on the interweb...

Yeah, I turn 61 in two days and every year I still can't believe it!
Still feel 18 inside, but inside only. The outside keeps telling me
something different.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Max wrote:
On 3/16/2015 11:36 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:01:47 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

AH-HA, that qualifies you as a rookie.

Will turn 78 this year.

Join the crowd - so will I :-).

Youngsters! I'll be 83 in a few months.

Geezus. I feel like one of the youngsters here. I'll only be 62 in June.
And here I was, just starting to feel like I was becoming one of the senior
fellows on the interweb...

Senior? You have to be an old fart to be allowed on the Usenet (63
this year)?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/16/2015 3:03 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Max wrote:
On 3/16/2015 11:36 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:01:47 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

AH-HA, that qualifies you as a rookie.

Will turn 78 this year.

Join the crowd - so will I :-).

Youngsters! I'll be 83 in a few months.

Geezus. I feel like one of the youngsters here. I'll only be 62 in June.
And here I was, just starting to feel like I was becoming one of the senior
fellows on the interweb...

LOL. I have a daughter who will be 62 in May.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Max wrote:

LOL. I have a daughter who will be 62 in May.

In some households a comment like that could
get you in trouble.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

Anyone here under 50? Turning 70 in Sept.

Yep. I won't tell you my age because you won't believe it. I'm not old
enough to play in the 40+ league yet, got a long time before that happens.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/16/2015 8:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Max wrote:

LOL. I have a daughter who will be 62 in May.

In some households a comment like that could
get you in trouble.

Lew

She'll never see it....I hope. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 17 Mar 2015 04:28:00 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote in
:

Anyone here under 50? Turning 70 in Sept.

Yep. I won't tell you my age because you won't believe it. I'm not old
enough to play in the 40+ league yet, got a long time before that happens.

Roll back the odometer? How many times around? ;-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, March 16, 2015 at 2:00:34 PM UTC-4, Max wrote:
On 3/16/2015 11:36 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 21:01:47 -0700, Lew Hodgett wrote:

AH-HA, that qualifies you as a rookie.

Will turn 78 this year.

Join the crowd - so will I :-).

Youngsters! I'll be 83 in a few months.

If you add up the ages of my 4 kids, they'll be 102 this year. :-)