Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Set 551

Rob, I don't believe that 3222 is a wire tester.
There is no way that turning the wheel put's tension on the wire.
It twists it. And the counter counts the number of turns.

You're right! I totally got this one wrong, somehow didn't remember correctly.
The
owner said it twists the wire and counts the revolutions. Good job on figuring
it
out. I asked if there was any patent or manufacturer text on it but he said
there
wasn't, and he just sold it for $100 so he no longer has access to it.

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 7/1/2014 6:19 PM, Rob H. wrote:
You're right! I totally got this one wrong, somehow didn't remember correctly.
The
owner said it twists the wire and counts the revolutions. Good job on figuring
it
out. I asked if there was any patent or manufacturer text on it but he said
there
wasn't, and he just sold it for $100 so he no longer has access to it.

Don't remember seeing answers for last week?

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Stormin Mormon"
Don't remember seeing answers for last week?

--
.
Christopher A. Young

THE ANSWERS ARE POSTED TO THE SITE
EVERY FRIDAY EVENING WITHOUT FAIL SO
WHY DO YOU KEEP BRINGING IT UP?????

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
Don't remember seeing answers for last week?

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Lew

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Phil Kangas wrote:
"Stormin Mormon"
Don't remember seeing answers for last week?

--
.
Christopher A. Young

THE ANSWERS ARE POSTED TO THE SITE
EVERY FRIDAY EVENING WITHOUT FAIL SO
WHY DO YOU KEEP BRINGING IT UP?????

Because he's an idiot.

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 07/01/2014 09:20 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Phil Kangas wrote:
"Stormin Mormon"
Don't remember seeing answers for last week?

--
.
Christopher A. Young

THE ANSWERS ARE POSTED TO THE SITE
EVERY FRIDAY EVENING WITHOUT FAIL SO
WHY DO YOU KEEP BRINGING IT UP?????

Because he's an idiot.

Who the **** are ya'll talking abou...Oh, its Stupid Moron.
Why haven't ya'll put him in the bozo-bin?

technomaNge
--
I did, and never see his ignorance unless
someone replies to him.

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On 7/1/2014 10:03 PM, Phil Kangas wrote:
"Stormin Mormon"
Don't remember seeing answers for last week?

--
.
Christopher A. Young

THE ANSWERS ARE POSTED TO THE SITE
EVERY FRIDAY EVENING WITHOUT FAIL SO
WHY DO YOU KEEP BRINGING IT UP?????

EVERY WEEK ON FRIDAY ROB POSTS TO THE
LIST WITH THE WORDS "-- ANSWERS" IN THE
SUBJECT LINE AND I LOOK FOR THAT. HAS
NOT DONE THAT LAST COUPLE WEEKS, AND
I'M STILL LOOKING.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Wed, 02 Jul 2014 07:15:49 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

EVERY WEEK ON FRIDAY ROB POSTS TO THE
LIST WITH THE WORDS "-- ANSWERS" IN THE
SUBJECT LINE AND I LOOK FOR THAT. HAS
NOT DONE THAT LAST COUPLE WEEKS, AND
I'M STILL LOOKING.

He no longer does that, so keep on looking in vain.
Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

wrote:

EVERY WEEK ON FRIDAY ROB POSTS TO THE
LIST WITH THE WORDS "-- ANSWERS" IN THE
SUBJECT LINE AND I LOOK FOR THAT. HAS
NOT DONE THAT LAST COUPLE WEEKS, AND
I'M STILL LOOKING.

He no longer does that, so keep on looking in vain.

He's been told many times by many people . I think he does it for the
attention he gets . He useta have some comedic value , but his
attention-seeking stupidity has outweighed that .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

"Rob H." wrote in message

Rob, I don't believe that 3222 is a wire tester.
There is no way that turning the wheel put's tension on the wire.
It twists it. And the counter counts the number of turns.

You're right! I totally got this one wrong, somehow didn't remember
correctly.
The
owner said it twists the wire and counts the revolutions. Good job on
figuring
it
out. I asked if there was any patent or manufacturer text on it but he
said
there
wasn't, and he just sold it for $100 so he no longer has access to it.

That must be a good gig. Selling old tools for a hundred bucks when nobody
knows what it is. I suppose you could just make something up! I can see it
now.

Customer: What is this tool?

Dealer: Ah, that is a priceless antique tool.

Customer: What does it do?

Dealer: That is the mystery! Nobody is certain. But we do know it is a
priceless antique worth thousand of dollars.

Customer: No way, I will give you a hundred bucks for it.

Dealer" Sold! cackling to himself

Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 20:19:22 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:
Don't remember seeing answers for last week?

Stormin,
Since you missed them here are the answers to last week's set:
3217 Gear puller
3218 Fence repair tool
3219 Holds copper tubing when soldering
3220 Portable trivet for coffee cups
3221 Oil filter wrench
3222 used to count twists in yarn when spinning