Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: DUH!!!

Kept getting a warning that my internet traffic was
out of date and couldn't be sent.

Screwed around for the better part of 4-5 hours which
included removing and reloading AVAST and placing blame
on it regardless of the facts at least twice.

Finally found problem.

Some how I had changed the date from May 30, 2014
to May 4, 2014.

DUH !!!

Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Back to reloading AVAST.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/31/2014 12:26 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Kept getting a warning that my internet traffic was
out of date and couldn't be sent.

Screwed around for the better part of 4-5 hours which
included removing and reloading AVAST and placing blame
on it regardless of the facts at least twice.

Finally found problem.

Some how I had changed the date from May 30, 2014
to May 4, 2014.

DUH !!!

Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Back to reloading AVAST.

Lew

I was confused... Never saw that b4.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

woodchucker wrote:
On 5/31/2014 12:26 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Kept getting a warning that my internet traffic was
out of date and couldn't be sent.

Screwed around for the better part of 4-5 hours which
included removing and reloading AVAST and placing blame
on it regardless of the facts at least twice.

Finally found problem.

Some how I had changed the date from May 30, 2014
to May 4, 2014.

DUH !!!

Oh well, all's well that ends well.

Back to reloading AVAST.

Lew

I was confused... Never saw that b4.

If you do a restore to an earlier date and are installing software, before
the computer can change the date via the internet, you can run into
problems. I had a similar issue a few months ago..

And that reminded me how you could greatly extend a software trial period,
before operating systems used the internet to automatically set the time
and date, by simply changing the date forward a few years before
installing. After installation change the date back to current.