Posted to rec.woodworking

Default how do i receive the posts?

I signed up recently and checked the once-a-day receiving of messages. Nothing came. Then I changed it to each one separately to get a few and still no receiving of anything here. What am I doing wrong?

Steve
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Posted to rec.woodworking

steve wrote in
:

I signed up recently and checked the once-a-day receiving of
messages. Nothing came. Then I changed it to each one
separately to get a few and still no receiving of anything here.
What am I doing wrong?

What you're doing wrong is misunderstanding the difference between a listserv and a
newsgroup. This is the latter, not the former. Google will probably be helpful here.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 20 May 2014 06:37:55 -0700, steve wrote:

I signed up recently and checked the once-a-day receiving of messages.
Nothing came. Then I changed it to each one separately to get a few and
still no receiving of anything here. What am I doing wrong?

You're still confused about Usenet vs groups and lists. Try reading this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

And here's a free usenet server some folks use:

http://www.eternal-september.org/