Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How can you say no?

I got another request from a customer that I have built 3 projects for
in the last year, the last being the walnut curio cabinets.

This is like playing golf. You have a bad round and on the eighteenth,
you chip in from 50 yards out.

I share with you the type requests that put a smile on my face.

Dear Leon,
You must say yes!
I am in need of a wooden box for an embroidered knot garden. I make the
knot garden, you make the box. I have the cardboard box that I will give
to Kim tomorrow for the dimensions, if you are willing. I would like a
shadow box on top too. Plus the front side that could be opened. Really
hoping you are interested.
Sincerely,
Joanne
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
I got another request from a customer that I have built 3 projects for
in the last year, the last being the walnut curio cabinets.

This is like playing golf. You have a bad round and on the
eighteenth, you chip in from 50 yards out.

I share with you the type requests that put a smile on my face.

Dear Leon,
You must say yes!
I am in need of a wooden box for an embroidered knot garden. I make
the knot garden,

I had no idea of what a "knot garden" was until I googled it. Be glad
she is making that part! : )

Bill

you make the box. I have the cardboard box that I will give to Kim
tomorrow for the dimensions, if you are willing. I would like a shadow
box on top too. Plus the front side that could be opened. Really
hoping you are interested.
Sincerely,
Joanne

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
I got another request from a customer that I have built 3 projects for in
the last year, the last being the walnut curio cabinets.

This is like playing golf. You have a bad round and on the eighteenth,
you chip in from 50 yards out.

I share with you the type requests that put a smile on my face.

Dear Leon,
You must say yes!
I am in need of a wooden box for an embroidered knot garden. I make the
knot garden, you make the box. I have the cardboard box that I will give
to Kim tomorrow for the dimensions, if you are willing. I would like a
shadow box on top too. Plus the front side that could be opened. Really
hoping you are interested.
Sincerely,
Joanne

"Embroidered knot garden, shadow boxes, curio cabinets? There is a
disturbing pattern here. Are you turning into an artsy fartsy woodworker?
;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/21/2014 11:52 PM, Leon wrote:
I got another request from a customer that I have built 3 projects for
in the last year, the last being the walnut curio cabinets.

This is like playing golf. You have a bad round and on the eighteenth,
you chip in from 50 yards out.

I share with you the type requests that put a smile on my face.

Dear Leon,
You must say yes!
I am in need of a wooden box for an embroidered knot garden. I make the
knot garden, you make the box. I have the cardboard box that I will give
to Kim tomorrow for the dimensions, if you are willing. I would like a
shadow box on top too. Plus the front side that could be opened. Really
hoping you are interested.
Sincerely,
Joanne

Looks like too much work for you Leon ;-) That might take you all morning.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/22/2014 9:42 AM, woodchucker wrote:

Plus the front side that could be opened.

Armed with 30 or 40 seconds of familiarity with knot gardens, I am
puzzled by the specification above. Why would one open one side of a
planter box, and how would one get it closed again if some of the soil
shifts?

---

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/22/2014 9:51 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 4/22/2014 9:42 AM, woodchucker wrote:

Plus the front side that could be opened.

Armed with 30 or 40 seconds of familiarity with knot gardens, I am
puzzled by the specification above. Why would one open one side of a
planter box, and how would one get it closed again if some of the soil
shifts?

I think it's not a growing garden I think it's embroidery.

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Monday, April 21, 2014 10:52:00 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
I got another request from a customer

Dear Leon, You must say yes! I am in need of a wooden box for an embroidered knot garden.

Hah! A somewhat similar request, I had, to make the vertical planters for the master gardeners. Back then, I had no idea what a vertical planter was.

It's these atypical projects, I find, that can be challenging, in their own right. Kinna like applying one idea/application for/to another media/genre.

I'll look forward to the results. You'll have to show us Joanne's embroidery, also. Appreciating another's skills, in a different media, is enjoyable and appreciated, also, as with your wife's quilts.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/22/2014 12:10 AM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
I got another request from a customer that I have built 3 projects for
in the last year, the last being the walnut curio cabinets.

This is like playing golf. You have a bad round and on the
eighteenth, you chip in from 50 yards out.

I share with you the type requests that put a smile on my face.

Dear Leon,
You must say yes!
I am in need of a wooden box for an embroidered knot garden. I make
the knot garden,

I had no idea of what a "knot garden" was until I googled it. Be glad
she is making that part! : )

I'll have to do some research also.. I'm clueless.

Bill

you make the box. I have the cardboard box that I will give to Kim
tomorrow for the dimensions, if you are willing. I would like a shadow
box on top too. Plus the front side that could be opened. Really
hoping you are interested.
Sincerely,
Joanne

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/22/2014 8:38 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

[...]

Ah'rek'n so. LOL. Swingman accused me of this when I designed and
built the walnut entertainment nook innerd's
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/22/2014 9:05 AM, woodchucker wrote:
On 4/22/2014 9:51 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 4/22/2014 9:42 AM, woodchucker wrote:

Plus the front side that could be opened.

Armed with 30 or 40 seconds of familiarity with knot gardens, I am
puzzled by the specification above. Why would one open one side of a
planter box, and how would one get it closed again if some of the soil
shifts?

I think it's not a growing garden I think it's embroidery.

I think you are right, she is a major sewing person.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 4/22/2014 12:10 AM, Bill wrote:

I had no idea of what a "knot garden" was until I googled it. Be glad
she is making that part! : )

I'll have to do some research also.. I'm clueless.

It's probably something like a piled up extension cord or rope. They
tangle and create knots just like a garden grows weeds. :-)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/21/2014 11:52 PM, Leon wrote:

I share with you the type requests that put a smile on my face.

Dear Leon,
You must say yes!

That first sentence is worthy of a 20% price increase!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 4/22/2014 2:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 4/21/2014 11:52 PM, Leon wrote:

I share with you the type requests that put a smile on my face.

Dear Leon,
You must say yes!

That first sentence is worthy of a 20% price increase!

His wife will override that... :-O

--
Jeff
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Greg Guarino wrote:
On 4/22/2014 9:42 AM, woodchucker wrote:

Plus the front side that could be opened.

Armed with 30 or 40 seconds of familiarity with knot gardens, I am
puzzled by the specification above. Why would one open one side of a
planter box, and how would one get it closed again if some of the soil
shifts?

I thought the same til I googled for "_embroidered_ knot garden"
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)