Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Differences Canada and USA

Well found this elsewhere brought a smile to my face

http://safeshare.tv/w/PKYPTOarUx

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

Never knew Canadian football uses larger footballs. Do they use different size basketballs? I think I had heard of the 110 yard field. Think its 110 yards. Or do they use meters up there?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message

Never knew Canadian football uses larger footballs. Do they use
different size basketballs? I think I had heard of the 110 yard
field. Think its 110
yards. Or do they use meters up there?

No. They use metres, like the rest of the world.

--

mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sunday, April 13, 2014 12:59:18 AM UTC-5, m II wrote:
wrote in message

Never knew Canadian football uses larger footballs. Do they use

different size basketballs? I think I had heard of the 110 yard

field. Think its 110

yards. Or do they use meters up there?

No. They use metres, like the rest of the world.

--

mike

Liberia and Burma use something besides the metric system. And most of Great Britain uses its system instead of the metric.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_system
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , m II wrote:

wrote in message

Never knew Canadian football uses larger footballs. Do they use
different size basketballs? I think I had heard of the 110 yard
field. Think its 110
yards. Or do they use meters up there?

No. They use metres, like the rest of the world.

No we use meters as well. Mostly for electrical and nat gas consumption
and billing.

--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , m II wrote:

wrote in message

Never knew Canadian football uses larger footballs. Do they use
different size basketballs? I think I had heard of the 110 yard
field. Think its 110
yards. Or do they use meters up there?

No. They use metres, like the rest of the world.

No we use meters as well. Mostly for electrical and nat gas consumption
and billing.

Was up in Canada a couple years back and bought a 12 oz latte. At least
some things are still sacred!

....Kevin
--
Kevin Miller
Juneau, Alaska
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 08:58:00 -0800, Kevin Miller
Was up in Canada a couple years back and bought a 12 oz latte. At least
some things are still sacred!

I don't drink coffee or any variations of it, but alcohol which I'd
consider much more sacred than coffee has all been converted to metric
amounts. ~ at least the wine, beer and hard spirits that I buy has
been converted.