Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Unbelieveable Day!

Great day, today. Warm, eager to be back in the shop, working on the bathroom corner cabinets. I usually have the laptop in the shop, to reference diagrams, but not today.

Went into the house to view the diagrams. The maid is no where in sight. I didn't think anything of it. Walking back to the shop, I heard a saw kick on.... some sort of electrical problem, to automatically turn on, that way?

I approached the shop doorway and saw it happen. The maid sawed her left 4 fingers off, right at the palm. I triaged her and was at the hospital within 15 minutes, with her amputated fingers on ice.

I later found out she had been suicidal and had stabbed herself earlier this week.

Her mother had brought her to work and nothing seemed amiss. We all chatted gingerly, as usual, and we had even gathered some veggies from the garden, for her mother to take home.

I suppose it may be wise to start locking up the shop, even for brief trips away. Makes me wonder and think hard, also, for when the nephews and kids come to visit. No telling what kind of accident or incident may occur, to anyone.

I have NEVER had an accident or incident in my shops, until today. It's very sobering.

Sonny