Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Damn Cigarettes

Phil Everly, (The Everly Brothers), cashed in his hand at 74.

Damn cigarettes claimed another one.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Phil Everly, (The Everly Brothers), cashed in his hand at 74.

Damn cigarettes claimed another one.

At 74 any number of things could have folded his hand.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

At 74 any number of things could have folded his hand.

Read the obit.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

At 74 any number of things could have folded his hand.

Read the obit.

Lew

It took my father at 53. I hate those things.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 04 Jan 2014 23:53:13 -0500, Meanie
It took my father at 53. I hate those things.

Agree completely. Took both my parents at the age of 69, eight years
apart.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Meanie" wrote:

It took my father at 53. I hate those things.

Mine lived just 3 weeks past his 54th.

I still remember his nicotine stained fingers as he lay in the casket
and that was 55 years ago.

In all fairness, back then we didn't know what we know today.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

At 74 any number of things could have folded his hand.

Read the obit.

Lew

It took my father at 53. I hate those things.

They took one of my close friends at 42 via his heart. His first heart
attack was at 35 after 20 years of smoking, but quitting at that point
didn't help. He died 2 days before Christmas 2012, and his younger daughter
still believed in Santa Claus.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing, add a zero and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Damn Cigarettes - Update

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Damn cigarettes claimed another one.

SFWIW

My mechanic had a massive heart attact and survived thanks
to the VA.

He survived but was still smoking.

He was read the riot attack by his doctors and thanks to the VA
stopped smoking with the help of a VA program.

Chances are he will die from something other than smoking and
he will see 60.

The message is pretty clear.

If you are a vet and a smoker who wants to stop, the VA has a program
that will help you stop smoking IF you want to.

I realize that to receive VA help may include a significant drive to
get to a VA hospital for some of you, but if it helps save your life,
isn't it worth it?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

CVS/Pharmacy just announced they will stop selling tobacco products
in their 7600 retail stores 10/01/2114.

It will cost them at least $2 billion up front; however, long term you
can't
buy that kind of goodwill this will generate.

Wonder whose next to join CVS?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/5/14, 12:56 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
CVS/Pharmacy just announced they will stop selling tobacco products
in their 7600 retail stores 10/01/2114.

It will cost them at least $2 billion up front; however, long term you
can't
buy that kind of goodwill this will generate.

Wonder whose next to join CVS?

Lew

I hope they can do everything they need to make that happen in only 100
years. :-p

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/5/2014 1:56 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
CVS/Pharmacy just announced they will stop selling tobacco products
in their 7600 retail stores 10/01/2114.

It will cost them at least $2 billion up front; however, long term you
can't
buy that kind of goodwill this will generate.

Wonder whose next to join CVS?

Lew

Smokes is big bucks. I recently spoke with a former manager of a
convenience store in a border town. When his state increased the tax by
a buck a pack, they dropped sales of 3,000 packs a day as people went
across the border.

A small grocery/deli where I used to buy my lunch said they were the
biggest income and profit producer he had.

Fellow at work is complaining he needs a new truck but can't afford one,
yet he spends $80+ a week on cigarettes. And a six=pack and pint every week.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/5/2014 12:56 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
CVS/Pharmacy just announced they will stop selling tobacco products
in their 7600 retail stores 10/01/2114.

It will cost them at least $2 billion up front; however, long term you
can't
buy that kind of goodwill this will generate.

Wonder whose next to join CVS?

Lew

Goodwill, is that what they are calling it?

It makes good ethical sense but the customers are going to give the
competition $2 Billion worth of extra business.

Sounds like a preemptive move to perhaps dodge any law suits Kalifornia
is cooking up.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
CVS/Pharmacy just announced they will stop selling tobacco products
in their 7600 retail stores 10/01/2114.

It will cost them at least $2 billion up front; however, long term you
can't
buy that kind of goodwill this will generate.

Wonder whose next to join CVS?

This morning's news say Walgreens is examining the policy contemplating a
similar policy change.

"CVS cigarette move urges action by Walgreens, rivals"
"Walgreen instead launches a free, Internet-based smoking cessation program"

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...rk-walgreen-co

Dave in SoTex

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
Phil Everly, (The Everly Brothers), cashed in his hand at 74.

Damn cigarettes claimed another one.

At 74 any number of things could have folded his hand.

I'm not arguing that cigarettes didn't take his life, just that at 74 any
number of things could have. I just consider that after 70 you're counting
lucky stars for each year.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
Phil Everly, (The Everly Brothers), cashed in his hand at 74.

Damn cigarettes claimed another one.

At 74 any number of things could have folded his hand.

I'm not arguing that cigarettes didn't take his life, just that at 74 any
number of things could have. I just consider that after 70 you're counting
lucky stars for each year.

And so I am!

--
 GW Ross

 I'm setting my phaser on 'tickle.'

Damn Plumbing - Damn Faucett Packing Red Green Home Repair 4 April 4th 09 08:09 PM
digital cigarettes Harry L Home Repair 3 February 22nd 09 06:59 PM
Acheter discount cigarettes - cigarettes moins cher [email protected] UK diy 0 April 16th 08 05:56 AM
BUY CAMEL CIGARETTES selena Electronics Repair 0 March 12th 08 03:09 PM
Ohhh ..... DAMN!! Damn, damn, damn. Broke a gear! Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 9 August 11th 05 07:37 PM