DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Look what happened to this feller's workshop (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/365218-look-what-happened-fellers-workshop.html)

Keith nuttle December 14th 13 02:10 PM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

On 12/14/2013 12:23 AM, Leon wrote:
On 12/13/2013 5:15 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 12/13/2013 4:49 PM, Leon wrote:
On 12/13/2013 2:08 PM, Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
On 12/13/2013 12:31 PM, Bill wrote:
Man....

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/55735

Fortunately no one was hurt. The punch line is an absolutely pun
though. He should have had a ____ Stop!

I will have to say he was pretty foolish and that was simply going to
happen sooner or later.

I'm confused, their practice is to leave it in gear and the last
person that used it left it in gear.

I think the original post had a typo. His practice was to leave it
out
of gear.

I think so too. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. Leaving it
out of gear and not setting the break compounds the likelihood of an
accident happening at any moment with out the motor running.

I frequently leave my car with a standard transmission out of gear in my
garage. My garage is small and it is tight around the car. By leaving
it out of gear, if I want in the trunk I can push the car a little ahead
to make more room behind the car. If I am doing something in the front
of the garage I can push it back.

If I get up in the morning and the car will not start, I push it out of
the garage, jump in before it is going to fast, and as it is rolling
back into the street, you can pop the clutch and start the motor.

I will let someone else explain "popping the clutch"

Popping the clutch, who would not know what that is. But still do you
leave yur vehicle outside in neutral?

Usually not as I am not space limited out of doors. In our area when
parking in most places I set the emergency brake.

I mentioned explaining "popping the clutch", as one of the joys of
taking the car for service is to watch the young serviceman get in the
car and have no idea of what to do with the gear shift.

Keith nuttle December 14th 13 02:14 PM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

On 12/14/2013 2:22 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 01:06:22 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
In Corpus Christi TX, north end of Padre Island and lots of fishing
there is lots of salt to keep things rusty. It was standard procedure
to drench cables with WD40 to expel the salt water.

Probably not the same type of salt, but our roads and sidewalks are
heavily salted in wintertime for traction. It's not uncommon for the
snow to temporarily melt away and the ground is still white from all
the salt spread on it. I've always wondered what all this road salt
does to the eco system.

I have always thought it was amusing as when Rome defeated Carthage in
the Punic wars, they spread salt on the ground to destroy the land.

We voluntarily spread salt on our land.

Leon[_7_] December 14th 13 03:12 PM

On 12/14/2013 1:22 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 01:06:22 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
In Corpus Christi TX, north end of Padre Island and lots of fishing
there is lots of salt to keep things rusty. It was standard procedure
to drench cables with WD40 to expel the salt water.

Probably not the same type of salt, but our roads and sidewalks are
heavily salted in wintertime for traction. It's not uncommon for the
snow to temporarily melt away and the ground is still white from all
the salt spread on it. I've always wondered what all this road salt
does to the eco system.

Well, you drive on the beach which is covered by a wave of salt water
every few seconds. ;~) What does it do to the eco system? It turns it
in to a beach. LOL

Then there is the salt air. Simply stick your tongue out and you can
taste the salt.

Leon[_7_] December 14th 13 03:54 PM

Leon wrote:
[...]

Several years back my BIL's oldest daughter drove into the the local gas
station to fill up. She left the vehicle in neutral, got out, and began
filling the tank. The filler tube was behind the rear license plate.
The vehicle in front of her, a large truck, backed up and hit her
vehicle. This knocked her down and while she was trying to get back up
was crushed between her vehicle and the one behind her. She did not
survive.

Like a TS and most WW equipment you can't be too careful. The
unexpected gets you.

I mentioned explaining "popping the clutch", as one of the joys of
taking the car for service is to watch the young serviceman get in the
car and have no idea of what to do with the gear shift.

When I was the service sales manager at the Olds dealership in down town
Houston, early 80's, I was talking to the service manager at the
Cadillac dealer a couple of blocks away. He was mentioning a similar
problems with his porters that parked the customers vehicles. IIRC
Cadillac came out with a new model, IIRC the "N" body Cimmeron.
Basically an Olds Calais. Oddly Cadillac offered that vehicle with
standard shift transmission. The porters could not figure that out.

Larry W[_3_] December 14th 13 03:55 PM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

In article ,
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 12/13/2013 7:06 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Puckdropper" wrote:

If you usually leave it out of gear, wouldn't you set the parking
brake?
A good push is all it takes to set a vehicle rolling.

Those who use emergency brakes don't live in the "Rust Belt" unless a
lot of
things have changed.

Spend the time to release a frozen emergency brake cable once and
you will never do it again.

Use your parking brake as you should and lubricate as indicated the rust
will not develop badly enough to lock things up.

Rust is not necessary. In cold and we weather, the cable can literally
freeze, i.e water infiltrates the cable housing far enought so that when it
turns to ice the cable sticks. Working in fleet vehicle maintenance for
the last 35 years I have seen it happen many of times. All our road
call techs and garagemen carry propane torches this time of year. BTW,
always leave them in the cab of the truck. If they're stowed in an
unheated area they may not work too well til they warm up.

Try driving your car through a puddle a few times then parking it overnight
in freezing weather with the parking brake set hard. While a particular
car may or may not have the brake freeze, the odds are that some will
under these conditions.

Larry W. - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf. lonestar.org

Leon[_7_] December 14th 13 04:15 PM

"Puckdropper" wrote:

If you usually leave it out of gear, wouldn't you set the parking
brake?
A good push is all it takes to set a vehicle rolling.
Those who use emergency brakes don't live in the "Rust Belt" unless a
lot of
things have changed.

Spend the time to release a frozen emergency brake cable once and
you will never do it again.

Use your parking brake as you should and lubricate as indicated the rust
will not develop badly enough to lock things up.

Rust is not necessary. In cold and we weather, the cable can literally
freeze, i.e water infiltrates the cable housing far enought so that when it
turns to ice the cable sticks. Working in fleet vehicle maintenance for
the last 35 years I have seen it happen many of times.

I can see that being an issue but certainly not the rust if you exercise
the cables regularity.

All our road
call techs and garagemen carry propane torches this time of year. BTW,
always leave them in the cab of the truck. If they're stowed in an
unheated area they may not work too well til they warm up.

Try driving your car through a puddle a few times then parking it overnight
in freezing weather with the parking brake set hard. While a particular
car may or may not have the brake freeze, the odds are that some will
under these conditions.

And in those occasions, you leave the vehicle in gear or Park when you
park it. Not taking some measure to prevent the vehicle from moving is
laziness.

Keith nuttle December 14th 13 04:29 PM

"Puckdropper" wrote:

[...]

I remember one winter I had to go to a meeting in the evening. It was
zero that night. The brake did not freeze but the oil in the standard
transmission became so stiff that I could not shift until I let he car
run for a while to warm the transmission.

Leon[_7_] December 14th 13 04:32 PM

"Puckdropper" wrote:

[...]

Oh heck yeah!

Back in the late 80's, before the global warming fad, Houston used to
get pretty cold. I recall similar situations with my 87 Isuzu Trooper.
The temperature was "7" degrees F and that thing was a beast to drive
when it got cold.

[email protected] December 14th 13 06:08 PM

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 02:22:34 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 01:06:22 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
In Corpus Christi TX, north end of Padre Island and lots of fishing
there is lots of salt to keep things rusty. It was standard procedure
to drench cables with WD40 to expel the salt water.

Probably not the same type of salt, but our roads and sidewalks are
heavily salted in wintertime for traction. It's not uncommon for the
snow to temporarily melt away and the ground is still white from all
the salt spread on it. I've always wondered what all this road salt
does to the eco system.

Why do you think the oceans are so salty?

We lived in Vermont for fifteen years. I'm very familiar with the
whole concept of driving on salt. They use no sand because it'll
freeze solid before they can get it on the trucks. In really cold
weather, salt doesn't melt anything but it still helps traction.

[email protected] December 14th 13 06:10 PM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 09:12:58 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 12/14/2013 1:22 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 01:06:22 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
In Corpus Christi TX, north end of Padre Island and lots of fishing
there is lots of salt to keep things rusty. It was standard procedure
to drench cables with WD40 to expel the salt water.

Probably not the same type of salt, but our roads and sidewalks are
heavily salted in wintertime for traction. It's not uncommon for the
snow to temporarily melt away and the ground is still white from all
the salt spread on it. I've always wondered what all this road salt
does to the eco system.

Well, you drive on the beach which is covered by a wave of salt water
every few seconds. ;~) What does it do to the eco system? It turns it
in to a beach. LOL

If that were the case, Vermont would be one (little) beach. Well,
close, but misspelled.

Then there is the salt air. Simply stick your tongue out and you can
taste the salt.

Don't lick the flagpole.

[email protected] December 14th 13 06:12 PM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

"Leon" wrote:

Use your parking brake as you should and lubricate as indicated the
rust will not develop badly enough to lock things up.

Spend a couple of years driving in the Rust Belt and get back to me.

Road salt eats a vehicle alive.

Yep. I had to replace my 2001 Ranger this year, even though it hadn't
been in salt country for five years. The rear frame was so rotted out
there wasn't anything left for the leaf springs to attach to. It got
upgraded to a '14 F150. ;-)

[email protected] December 14th 13 06:31 PM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

"Puckdropper" wrote:

[...]

Try 40F colder than that. ;-)

[email protected] December 14th 13 06:31 PM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 22:48:28 -0500, Bill

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 13:31:34 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Man....

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/55735

Fortunately no one was hurt. The punch line is an absolutely horrible pun
though. He should have had a ____ Stop!

A truck stop?

What else? I thought it was sort of funny when I first thought of it.
But I'd probably think Tesla was funny.

What's a Tesla Stop? ;-)

Bill[_47_] December 14th 13 06:47 PM

wrote:

Man....

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/55735

Fortunately no one was hurt. The punch line is an absolutely horrible pun
though. He should have had a ____ Stop!
A truck stop?

What else? I thought it was sort of funny when I first thought of it.
But I'd probably think Tesla was funny.

What's a Tesla Stop? ;-)

I see you're not that funny either... ;) Didn't you notice the man was
sort-of driving an FMC 150?

I'd love to hear what the insurance company has to say. It's seems they
could pay off his claim and then sue him (for operating a vehicle
negligently).

Larry W[_3_] December 14th 13 07:36 PM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

In article ,
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 12/14/2013 9:55 AM, Larry W wrote:

...snipped...
[...]

Could be laziness, could be ignorance, could be people in a hurry and
just forget, could even be intentional if the driver is less than honest
about his employment and thinks he can finagle some overtime out of
such a situation. My shops take care of 3000 vehicles spread out over
almost the whole state. I know better than to say "I've seen it all" or
that nothing will surprise me any more. Someone's always got a reason
or explanation you've never heard before.

Larry W. - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf. lonestar.org

Mike Marlow[_2_] December 14th 13 08:42 PM

Keith Nuttle wrote:

I mentioned explaining "popping the clutch", as one of the joys of
taking the car for service is to watch the young serviceman get in the
car and have no idea of what to do with the gear shift.

When my youngest daughter was living in Dallas while going to school, she
had a job for a while, parking cars that The Joule. Very upscale place, if
you don't already know. She drives a standard herself and as it turned out
she was the only one, or one of a very few valets that knew how to drive a
standard. So - she got to park a lot of very cool cars. The parking garage
was 3 blocks from the hotel and she got to wheel Mazzerattis, Porches,
Lamborghinis, and a ton of other very cool cars.

Some seriously big money frequents Charlie Palmer's which is the restaurant
in The Joule. One night the Dallas Cowboys held a birthday party there for
one of the members of the team. The whole team was there with their dates,
cameras all over the place, big time event. Megan worked for something like
14 hours. The valets had to run to or from the parking garage when they
went for, or parked a car, and they had to look crisp in black dress
trousers and white shirts. In Dallas. Well - she did it just as she was
supposed to. The million dollar players ponied up at the end of the night
when they got their cars delivered back to them and she earned... get this
all you Dallas fans... are you ready... sit down... nine stinkin' bucks in
tips.

(I may have the numbers backwards - it may have been nine hours and fourteen
stinkin' bucks...)

--

-Mike-

Leon[_7_] December 14th 13 08:47 PM

wrote:

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 01:06:22 -0600, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
In Corpus Christi TX, north end of Padre Island and lots of fishing
there is lots of salt to keep things rusty. It was standard procedure
to drench cables with WD40 to expel the salt water.

Probably not the same type of salt, but our roads and sidewalks are
heavily salted in wintertime for traction. It's not uncommon for the
snow to temporarily melt away and the ground is still white from all
the salt spread on it. I've always wondered what all this road salt
does to the eco system.

Why do you think the oceans are so salty?

We lived in Vermont for fifteen years. I'm very familiar with the
whole concept of driving on salt. They use no sand because it'll
freeze solid before they can get it on the trucks. In really cold
weather, salt doesn't melt anything but it still helps traction.

And oddly enough you add rock salt to a hand crank ice cream maker ice
to make it colder.

Mike Marlow[_2_] December 14th 13 08:48 PM

Bill wrote:

I see you're not that funny either... ;) Didn't you notice the man
was sort-of driving an FMC 150?

Psssssst Bill... F-150...

I'd love to hear what the insurance company has to say. It's seems
they could pay off his claim and then sue him (for operating a vehicle
negligently).

They can't do that.

--

-Mike-

Leon[_7_] December 14th 13 08:55 PM

"Puckdropper" wrote:

[...]

I think you will have to agree that 7 is cold, damn cold for SE Texas.
IIRC back when SE Texas was naming their small towns Pearland, Orange
after their orchards, Galveston Bay froze.

Leon[_7_] December 14th 13 09:05 PM

On 12/14/2013 1:36 PM, Larry W wrote:
[...]

Way back when, a customer had her vehicle brought in on the hook. The
vehicle would not budge. She called in complaining and warning of its
arrival. She complained that a vehicle with 40,000 miles should not be
breaking down. I paid good money bla bla bla.

When the Wrecker arrived I had the driver back it on to a lift. He
suspected that the front brakes were the problem. I had a mechanic
remove the front wheels and we had a look.

What we saw was a front rotor that was completely worn away to the
cooling fins in the center and the caliper piston was welded to that
rotor. Any sign of the pads was looooooong gone.

We had to quote her a price for replacing everything between the upper
and lower ball joints, it all had to be replaced, both sides.

I asked her how long she had been listening to the noise coming from the
front end. Her answer was a couple of days.

Leon[_7_] December 14th 13 09:07 PM

wrote:

Man....

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/55735

Fortunately no one was hurt. The punch line is an absolutely
horrible pun
though. He should have had a ____ Stop!
A truck stop?
What else? I thought it was sort of funny when I first thought of it.
But I'd probably think Tesla was funny.

What's a Tesla Stop? ;-)

I see you're not that funny either... ;) Didn't you notice the man was
sort-of driving an FMC 150?

I'd love to hear what the insurance company has to say. It's seems they
could pay off his claim and then sue him (for operating a vehicle
negligently).

Probably not, if they could they would be suing every one, that they
insure, that got a ticket for having an accident.

Mike Marlow[_2_] December 14th 13 10:05 PM

Leon wrote:

What we saw was a front rotor that was completely worn away to the
cooling fins in the center and the caliper piston was welded to that
rotor. Any sign of the pads was looooooong gone.

We had to quote her a price for replacing everything between the upper
and lower ball joints, it all had to be replaced, both sides.

I asked her how long she had been listening to the noise coming from
the front end. Her answer was a couple of days.

Choke... ummmmmm, Yup - I believe that m'am...

--

-Mike-

[email protected] December 14th 13 11:04 PM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

wrote:

[...]

Not so oddly. The same reason, actually. Salt (ions) lowers the
melting point of water.

[email protected] December 14th 13 11:06 PM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

"Puckdropper" wrote:

[...]

Well, yeah! There's a reason I moved to the South! ;-)

IIRC back when SE Texas was naming their small towns Pearland, Orange
after their orchards, Galveston Bay froze.

I take it that Galveston bay isn't part of the gulf? Salt?

[email protected] December 14th 13 11:13 PM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 13:47:08 -0500, Bill

wrote:

Man....

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/55735

Fortunately no one was hurt. The punch line is an absolutely horrible pun
though. He should have had a ____ Stop!
A truck stop?
What else? I thought it was sort of funny when I first thought of it.
But I'd probably think Tesla was funny.

What's a Tesla Stop? ;-)

I see you're not that funny either... ;)

;-) Thinking of it again, I suppose this is a Tesla Stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0kjI08n4fg

Didn't you notice the man was sort-of driving an FMC 150?

No, I hadn't. All truck tires look the same. ;-)

I'd love to hear what the insurance company has to say. It's seems they
could pay off his claim and then sue him (for operating a vehicle
negligently).

Probably not. Anything can happen but if it's a decent insurance
company, they'll just pay. He may (or may not) have a surcharge on
his insurance for the next few years. There is a reason to not go
cheap on auto insurance, though.

Puckdropper[_2_] December 14th 13 11:21 PM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

wrote in :

What's a Tesla Stop? ;-)

I thought it was the end of the wires, or the point where they get too far
apart for the spark to arc across.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

Bill[_47_] December 14th 13 11:37 PM

wrote:

Man....

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/55735

Fortunately no one was hurt. The punch line is an absolutely
horrible pun
though. He should have had a ____ Stop!
A truck stop?
What else? I thought it was sort of funny when I first thought of it.
But I'd probably think Tesla was funny.
What's a Tesla Stop? ;-)

I see you're not that funny either... ;) Didn't you notice the man was
sort-of driving an FMC 150?

I'd love to hear what the insurance company has to say. It's seems they
could pay off his claim and then sue him (for operating a vehicle
negligently).

Probably not, if they could they would be suing every one, that they
insure, that got a ticket for having an accident.

Maybe the answer depends on whether the insured lives in a "No-Fault"
state or not. In Indiana, they are not afraid to sue.

Bill[_47_] December 14th 13 11:46 PM

wrote:

Man....

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/55735

Fortunately no one was hurt. The punch line is an absolutely horrible pun
though. He should have had a ____ Stop!
A truck stop?
What else? I thought it was sort of funny when I first thought of it.
But I'd probably think Tesla was funny.
What's a Tesla Stop? ;-)

I see you're not that funny either... ;)

;-) Thinking of it again, I suppose this is a Tesla Stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0kjI08n4fg

I see Tesla still has a few bugs to get worked out...
In the meantime, we can all work on our sense of humor. : )

Mike Marlow[_2_] December 14th 13 11:47 PM

Bill wrote:

Maybe the answer depends on whether the insured lives in a "No-Fault"
state or not. In Indiana, they are not afraid to sue.

That strikes me as quite odd. What would be the purpose of insurance if the
insurance company were to simply turn around and sue you for collecting?
Are you quite certain of what you claim Bill? Got any links to this kind of
behavior by insurance companies in Indianna?

--

-Mike-

Bill[_47_] December 14th 13 11:59 PM

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Maybe the answer depends on whether the insured lives in a "No-Fault"
state or not. In Indiana, they are not afraid to sue.

That strikes me as quite odd. What would be the purpose of insurance if the
insurance company were to simply turn around and sue you for collecting?
Are you quite certain of what you claim Bill? Got any links to this kind of
behavior by insurance companies in Indianna?

To me, it seems like the entity paying off on the homeowner's policy
could sue the entity holding the auto-liability policy. Obviously, if
they are the same company, then the there is no issue.

I can tell you for based upon a little bit of experience, that in a
"non-no-fault" state--in an accident, the insurance company of a
negligent party will pay for all of the losses (or whatever the
companies "settle" upon).

[email protected] December 15th 13 12:07 AM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 18:46:51 -0500, Bill

wrote:

Man....

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/55735

Fortunately no one was hurt. The punch line is an absolutely horrible pun
though. He should have had a ____ Stop!
A truck stop?
What else? I thought it was sort of funny when I first thought of it.
But I'd probably think Tesla was funny.
What's a Tesla Stop? ;-)
I see you're not that funny either... ;)

;-) Thinking of it again, I suppose this is a Tesla Stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0kjI08n4fg

I see Tesla still has a few bugs to get worked out...
In the meantime, we can all work on our sense of humor. : )

I guess it's _not_ working, huh?

Mike Marlow[_2_] December 15th 13 12:09 AM

Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Maybe the answer depends on whether the insured lives in a
"No-Fault" state or not. In Indiana, they are not afraid to sue.

That strikes me as quite odd. What would be the purpose of
insurance if the insurance company were to simply turn around and
sue you for collecting? Are you quite certain of what you claim
Bill? Got any links to this kind of behavior by insurance companies
in Indianna?

To me, it seems like the entity paying off on the homeowner's policy
could sue the entity holding the auto-liability policy. Obviously, if
they are the same company, then the there is no issue.

I understand that makes sense to you but that's not what you asserted in
your previous post. As for those two policies, I really don't know which
one would have to pay. But - that's a lot different from saying that
insurance companies sue policy holders in Indianna - unless of course, I
misunderstood what you were trying to say in the previous post. As for
insurance companies going after each other - that is commonplace everywhere,
but it's a herse of a different color.

I can tell you for based upon a little bit of experience, that in a
"non-no-fault" state--in an accident, the insurance company of a
negligent party will pay for all of the losses (or whatever the
companies "settle" upon).

That applies even in No-Fault states. There's nothing unique to Indianna
about that. It's just how insurance works.

--

-Mike-

Mike Marlow[_2_] December 15th 13 12:17 AM

Bill wrote:

To me, it seems like the entity paying off on the homeowner's policy
could sue the entity holding the auto-liability policy. Obviously, if
they are the same company, then the there is no issue.

As best as I understand No Fault insurance - and I'm no expert - it only
applies to liability insurance - meaning bodily injury, not property damage.
Since there were no injuries, there is no liability claim.

I can tell you for based upon a little bit of experience, that in a
"non-no-fault" state--in an accident, the insurance company of a
negligent party will pay for all of the losses (or whatever the
companies "settle" upon).

To be more clear with respect to my previous reply - for collission claims
the same applies in a No Fault state, like NY. Only bodily injury is
subject to No Fault.

--

-Mike-

Lew Hodgett[_6_] December 15th 13 12:27 AM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

Somebody wrote:

What's a Tesla Stop?

-------------------------------------
A place where you stop a Tesla, of course.

Lew

[email protected] December 15th 13 12:50 AM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 19:17:25 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Bill wrote:

To me, it seems like the entity paying off on the homeowner's policy
could sue the entity holding the auto-liability policy. Obviously, if
they are the same company, then the there is no issue.

As best as I understand No Fault insurance - and I'm no expert - it only
applies to liability insurance - meaning bodily injury, not property damage.
Since there were no injuries, there is no liability claim.

There is no "understanding" No Fault insurance. It's all over the
map. The bottom line is that, unless there is a court case, the
insurance companies work it all out between themselves. "No fault"
does nothing but raise confusion and premiums.

I can tell you for based upon a little bit of experience, that in a
"non-no-fault" state--in an accident, the insurance company of a
negligent party will pay for all of the losses (or whatever the
companies "settle" upon).

To be more clear with respect to my previous reply - for collission claims
the same applies in a No Fault state, like NY. Only bodily injury is
subject to No Fault.

When I lived in NY, yes, "No Fault" only applied to SOME bodily
injury. In reality, you were paying for both. When "No Fault" was
put in place, in NY, it raised the premiums substantially because it
wasn't "No Fault" at all.

[email protected] December 15th 13 12:51 AM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 16:27:14 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Somebody wrote:

What's a Tesla Stop?

-------------------------------------
A place where you stop a Tesla, of course.

Where it catches fire is a good place to stop a Tesla. (Sorry, Bill)

Bill[_47_] December 15th 13 01:29 AM

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

Maybe the answer depends on whether the insured lives in a
"No-Fault" state or not. In Indiana, they are not afraid to sue.
That strikes me as quite odd. What would be the purpose of
insurance if the insurance company were to simply turn around and
sue you for collecting? Are you quite certain of what you claim
Bill? Got any links to this kind of behavior by insurance companies
in Indianna?

To me, it seems like the entity paying off on the homeowner's policy
could sue the entity holding the auto-liability policy. Obviously, if
they are the same company, then the there is no issue.

I understand that makes sense to you but that's not what you asserted in
your previous post.

I explained my thoughts as well as I could.

As for those two policies, I really don't know which
one would have to pay. But - that's a lot different from saying that
insurance companies sue policy holders in Indianna - unless of course, I
misunderstood what you were trying to say in the previous post. As for
insurance companies going after each other - that is commonplace everywhere,
but it's a herse of a different color.

I can tell you for based upon a little bit of experience, that in a
"non-no-fault" state--in an accident, the insurance company of a
negligent party will pay for all of the losses (or whatever the
companies "settle" upon).

That applies even in No-Fault states. There's nothing unique to Indianna
about that. It's just how insurance works.

In my (limited) experience, in no-fault states, the insurance companies
don't seem to be so aggressive--they just pay their
claimants and move on. This is in stark contrast to the non-no fault
states.

Bill[_47_] December 15th 13 01:32 AM

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

To me, it seems like the entity paying off on the homeowner's policy
could sue the entity holding the auto-liability policy. Obviously, if
they are the same company, then the there is no issue.

As best as I understand No Fault insurance - and I'm no expert - it only
applies to liability insurance - meaning bodily injury, not property damage.
Since there were no injuries, there is no liability claim.

I can tell you for based upon a little bit of experience, that in a
"non-no-fault" state--in an accident, the insurance company of a
negligent party will pay for all of the losses (or whatever the
companies "settle" upon).

To be more clear with respect to my previous reply - for collission claims
the same applies in a No Fault state, like NY. Only bodily injury is
subject to No Fault.

I don't doubt that you are completely correct. We started off ignoring
lots of details. Now we're ready to be the judge and jury! ;)

Phil Kangas[_4_] December 15th 13 01:32 AM

Look what happened to this feller's workshop

"Bill"
Maybe the answer depends on

whether the insured lives in a
"No-Fault"
state or not. In Indiana, they

are not afraid to sue.

I don't think he lives in the United States if he
can
stand on his right foot, on the ground, and put
his left foot on the clutch pedal. Something is
very wrong with this story....

Bill[_47_] December 15th 13 01:38 AM

wrote:
On Sat, 14 Dec 2013 16:27:14 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Somebody wrote:

What's a Tesla Stop?

A place where you stop a Tesla, of course.

Where it catches fire is a good place to stop a Tesla. (Sorry, Bill)

"Recharging station" would work for Tesla Stop too.
I would regard the previous notion as more of a "Tesla Grill". ; )