Posted to rec.puzzles,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Set 516 #3011

Looks like would be good for punching a hole in an oil can. (when oil came in
quart cans) WW

-----
The Dayton Malleable Iron Works, which became the Dayton Malleable Iron
Company, had a D in a circle for its trademark. It was known for buggy
wrenches and buggy fittings.

-----
3011 looks like some sort of removable step. The part in the person's left hand

drops into a little slot, and the other part is the where the user steps up.
-----
Right along I have been convinced that it is a removeable operating
handle (removeable for "security--to prevent un-authorized operation).
I just don't know what. Streetcar motorman's brake?

I've done some searching and haven't yet found any further information on this
handle, though I did pass these ideas on to the owner of it. I think that we'll
eventually get an answer for this one.

Rob