DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Arrows on the saw blade (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/362073-arrows-saw-blade.html)

Puckdropper[_2_] September 15th 13 07:39 PM

Arrows on the saw blade

What do the arrows on the saw blade indicate?

Obviously I don't know because I put it on backwards. My first time
cutting aluminium (working on a deck project and need to trim the spindles)
and it took forever to cut. Flipped the blade around and now it cuts
wonderfully.

Any suggestions for a blade lubricant for cutting aluminum? Paraffin needs
to be reapplied about every 3-4 cuts. I'm using an aluminium cutting blade
in my CMS.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

dpb September 15th 13 07:59 PM

Arrows on the saw blade

On 9/15/2013 1:39 PM, Puckdropper wrote:
What do the arrows on the saw blade indicate?

Circular saw blade I presume? It's direction of rotation.

scritch September 15th 13 11:46 PM

Arrows on the saw blade

On 9/15/2013 11:39 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
What do the arrows on the saw blade indicate?

Obviously I don't know because I put it on backwards. My first time
cutting aluminium (working on a deck project and need to trim the spindles)
and it took forever to cut. Flipped the blade around and now it cuts
wonderfully.

Any suggestions for a blade lubricant for cutting aluminum? Paraffin needs
to be reapplied about every 3-4 cuts. I'm using an aluminium cutting blade
in my CMS.

Puckdropper

Arrows on the blade mean it can be used during bow hunting season.

[email protected] September 16th 13 01:17 AM

Arrows on the saw blade

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 15:46:28 -0700, scritch
Arrows on the blade mean it can be used during bow hunting season

HAR! That one made me laugh. :)

John Grossbohlin[_4_] September 16th 13 03:09 PM

Arrows on the saw blade

wrote in message ...

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 15:46:28 -0700, scritch
Arrows on the blade mean it can be used during bow hunting season

HAR! That one made me laugh. :)

Both can be efficient blood letters...