Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Minimum thickness for Dominos

Thinking about using my Domino to affix some maple trim to the edges of 1/2 inch (nominal) ply. Is that thick enough for the 4mm Dominos?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/7/2013 9:22 PM, Gramp's shop wrote:
Thinking about using my Domino to affix some maple trim to the edges of 1/2 inch (nominal) ply. Is that thick enough for the 4mm Dominos?

Not sure what you are asking exactly but perhaps this will help.

I regularly cut 5mm mortises, 25% thicker Domino, in the edge of 1/2"
Baltic birch plywood.

Hint, for the fence depth setting I pull the black depth gauge all the
way back and let the fence depth stop go down as far as it will go.

Used for this operation very often.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/6485169951/