Posted to rec.woodworking
ts ts is offline

Default glue and dust wood filler

(May be a dumb question)
How do you keep glue and saw dust wood filler from turning dark brown/black
when it dries. I'm using titbond and oak dust from the sander. Would white
elmers glue be better? thx.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/4/13 2:02 PM, ts wrote:
(May be a dumb question)
How do you keep glue and saw dust wood filler from turning dark brown/black
when it dries. I'm using titbond and oak dust from the sander. Would white
elmers glue be better? thx.

Perhaps... but keep in mind homemade wood putty made with glue won't
take stain.
Depending on the glue, it make not take paint very well, either.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/4/2013 2:02 PM, ts wrote:
(May be a dumb question)
How do you keep glue and saw dust wood filler from turning dark brown/black
when it dries. I'm using titbond and oak dust from the sander. Would white
elmers glue be better? thx.

First off depending on which TB glue you are using will depend on what
color the clue will dry. TBIII dries quite dark all by itself. TB
White SlowSet dries clear.

Next wood darkens when it is wet with water or oil. Your glue will
darken the dust. If you don't want the spot to darken leave the dust
out and use a white glue.

If you are trying to fill a gap, use wood filler that is made for that
purpose.

Filler For Cracked/Rotted Wood - Mr Mack's Wood Fix Equivalent abby Home Repair 5 July 26th 08 04:31 AM
Wood Filler For Exterior Wood Patching ? Robert11 Home Repair 4 March 4th 07 09:04 PM
Wood filler Dave Woodworking 11 October 27th 06 10:09 PM
Glue for filler. Don Dando Woodworking 0 October 23rd 06 04:23 AM
Best glue for filler Steve Woodworking 4 October 22nd 06 12:31 AM