Posted to rec.woodworking

Default foot powered lathe(pay attention Nick)

Saw this over at rec.crafts.metalworking.

http://www.wimp.com/footpowered/

basilisk
Posted to rec.woodworking

"basilisk" wrote in message

Saw this over at rec.crafts.metalworking.

http://www.wimp.com/footpowered/

basilisk

A lot of skill and craftsmanship went into that lathe. Thanks, I enjoyed
that. That guy is FAST!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message

Saw this over at rec.crafts.metalworking.

http://www.wimp.com/footpowered/

basilisk

A lot of skill and craftsmanship went into that lathe. Thanks, I
enjoyed that. That guy is FAST!

That was great! Can a lathe like that turn non-green wood (I know that
Roy's spring-pole lathe is designed to
only turn green wood)?

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article m,
Lee Michaels leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message

Saw this over at rec.crafts.metalworking.

http://www.wimp.com/footpowered/

basilisk

A lot of skill and craftsmanship went into that lathe. Thanks, I enjoyed
that. That guy is FAST!

Great video, worthy of the bow that guy takes at the end. I have a version
of that same Dunlop lathe, though set up for electric motor of course.
Anyone interested in tools like this who is near Haver de Grace, Maryland
should check out the Stepping Stone Museum in Susquehanna State Park.
They have an original foot-powered lathe and other 19th century tools
on display. There's also a working water-powered grist mill in
another part of the park that they demonstrate during weekends in
the summer. The overshot water wheel, as I recall, is around 20 some
feet in diameter.

http://www.steppingstonemuseum.org/

http://www.renaissancewoodworker.com...n-pedal-lathe/

Larry W. - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf. lonestar.org