Posted to rec.woodworking

Default On topic ...

What he says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=AgNVCOpYojA#!

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/15/2013 1:24 PM, Swingman wrote:
What he says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=AgNVCOpYojA#!

I liked his rip fence.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/15/2013 2:55 PM, Leon wrote:
On 2/15/2013 1:24 PM, Swingman wrote:
What he says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=AgNVCOpYojA#!

I liked his rip fence.

My Japanese is a little rusty, but I'm pretty sure that "what he said"
included "we don't need no steenking riving knife, fence, biscuits,
jointer, clamps (not always, anyway) or even a workbench.

Apparently at least one man in Japan uses his planes to make furniture,
not just 8 micron ribbon shavings.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
What he says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=AgNVCOpYojA#!

Heh! He spreads glue the same way I do

Neat way to straighten out a board too. Arigato.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/15/13 1:24 PM, Swingman wrote:
What he says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=AgNVCOpYojA#!

Wow. Leather strapping as a band clamp. Tucked that one away in the
old brain, I did.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/15/2013 3:54 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 2/15/13 1:24 PM, Swingman wrote:
What he says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=AgNVCOpYojA#!

Wow. Leather strapping as a band clamp. Tucked that one away in the
old brain, I did.

I am betting if you dampen the leather it will tighten as it dries.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
What he says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=AgNVCOpYojA#!

The man is a darn athlete. Handling all that wood, some of it big pieces,
and all that stretching to do the long drawn plane. It would take me a
while just to get down on the floor unless I lost it going down. I'd be
good for about six strokes with the plane, then a break for a real one.

And in that shop or display area, I bet you could measure the distance
between pieces, cut it out, and throughout the whole shop it wouldn't vary
by a 32nd of an inch.

Amazing.

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Swingman wrote:
What he says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...v=AgNVCOpYojA#!

I couldn't tell what he says...
]

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote

I am betting if you dampen the leather it will tighten as it dries.

I'm pretty sure it will. ;-) So much so that you might have to watch just
how much you put on there.

Steve