Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Set 475

Someone discovered the purpose for this thing, take a look at the link below
for the answer:

http://www.ultrahobbies.com.au/store...cat=546&page=1

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Rob H. wrote:
Someone discovered the purpose for this thing, take a look at the
link below for the answer:

http://www.ultrahobbies.com.au/store...cat=546&page=1

Well, how do ya like that! They really are something all to themselves. I
still don't see the point in the O-rings though.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Thanks for sharing. I'd have never guessed.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Rob H." wrote in message
Someone discovered the purpose for this thing, take a look at the link below
for the answer:

http://www.ultrahobbies.com.au/store...cat=546&page=1

Posted to rec.woodworking

Someone discovered the purpose for this thing, take a look at the
link below for the answer:

http://www.ultrahobbies.com.au/store...cat=546&page=1

Well, how do ya like that! They really are something all to themselves. I
still don't see the point in the O-rings though.

Good question - please show me a photo/diagram of these in use.
John T.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" writes:

Rob H. wrote:
Someone discovered the purpose for this thing, take a look at the
link below for the answer:

http://www.ultrahobbies.com.au/store...cat=546&page=1

Well, how do ya like that! They really are something all to
themselves. I
still don't see the point in the O-rings though.

Fascinating!

Like you, I don't see why they are so complicated for what they do (why
not just have the hole in the middle of the pointy bit the right size in
the first place, instead of having a lose fitting insert, and two
machined groves and rings to hold the insert in place). I half wonder
if they're actually something else that someone got a job lot of and
repurposed.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 15:36:09 -0500, "Rob H."
wrote:

Someone discovered the purpose for this thing, take a look at the link below
for the answer:

http://www.ultrahobbies.com.au/store...cat=546&page=1

AH, body post markers.

It begs the question: "What is a body post"?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

wrote:

Someone discovered the purpose for this thing, take a look at the
link below for the answer:

http://www.ultrahobbies.com.au/store...cat=546&page=1

AH, body post markers.

It begs the question: "What is a body post"?

Apparently, a mounting point for model car bodies to the chassis. I did a
short google search and didn't find any pictures of anyone mounting a body,
but didn't have the interest to pursue that any further.

--

-Mike-