Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default more of why I can't use my name

I am switching jobs my 2 hour commute each way sucked, and today a
packet (email) came in with all these forms to sign both electronically
and old style.

Well this is the first time two things have been put like this.
One is the I-9 requires me to get my two forms of ID notarized to send
the form back to them. Normally I just fax my drivers license and SS card.

The second is where it gets real interesting. I can not quote as I am
too afraid that they will pick up on this. (not really but not taking
any chances).

First it says that cyberspace is now legally considered an extension of
the workplace. as such, I am not allowed to post anything negative about
anyone or anything at anytime whether work related or not. I am not
allowed to post any negative comments period.

I can fired for _ANY_ negative postings. So at first I thought this is
far reaching and intrusive, but in thinking about it, if I identify
myself, they think I can be traced back to their company and therefore
anything I say can have an effect on them.

So first F them, but secondly, it's why I won't post my full name. I
think these companies are getting out of control.

What happened to this country... (I don't need an answer I already know).

--
Jeff
formerly tiredofspam..