Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default more of why I can't use my name

woodchucker wrote:
I am switching jobs my 2 hour commute each way sucked, and today a
packet (email) came in with all these forms to sign both
electronically and old style.

Well this is the first time two things have been put like this.
One is the I-9 requires me to get my two forms of ID notarized to send
the form back to them. Normally I just fax my drivers license and SS
card.

The second is where it gets real interesting. I can not quote as I am
too afraid that they will pick up on this. (not really but not taking
any chances).

First it says that cyberspace is now legally considered an extension
of the workplace. as such, I am not allowed to post anything negative
about anyone or anything at anytime whether work related or not. I am
not allowed to post any negative comments period.

I can fired for _ANY_ negative postings.

So what constitutes a negative posting? A bad tool review? A
dishonest tool review?

So at first I thought this is far reaching and intrusive, but in
thinking about it, if I identify myself, they think I can be traced
back to their company and therefore anything I say can have an effect
on them.

So first F them, but secondly, it's why I won't post my full name. I
think these companies are getting out of control.

What happened to this country... (I don't need an answer I already know).