Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Presentation ...

More to the point:

https://sketchfab.com/show/CeG1vJQcQRTc9ukKBQ2pGgDCvz

might have to zoom in a bit at first, as the scale of the model is
apparently not handled all that well at this stage of technology

I'm of the opinion that this technology could be both a boon for
woodworking, and particularly in advancing the discussion of woodworking.

Apparently all that is left to make it topical on the wRec is a
mechanism for automatically injecting gun control, electrical
one-upmanship, politics, celebrity tits and ass, or inane arguments
about the pursuit of accuracy.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Swingman
wrote:

I'm of the opinion that this technology could be both a boon for
woodworking, and particularly in advancing the discussion of woodworking.

It looks interesting, and I intend to dig a little deeper. Is there a
way to show dimensions in the presentation?

--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Swingman
wrote:

I'm of the opinion that this technology could be both a boon for
woodworking, and particularly in advancing the discussion of woodworking.

It looks interesting, and I intend to dig a little deeper. Is there a
way to show dimensions in the presentation?

Not sure ... soon as I get this gumbo started, I'll try one and see.
Stay tuned.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

It looks interesting, and I intend to dig a little deeper. Is there a
way to show dimensions in the presentation?

I uploaded that same chair, but with dimensions in all views, and the
dimensions did not show up in the test:

https://sketchfab.com/show/r5aNRYjPwJP52fGwxA7ESk72TR9

I'm going to email the developers and see if that is something planned
for the future.

Like you, I would like that to see that capability, but we may be a bit
early in the adoption department.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/4/13 3:08 PM, Swingman wrote:

It looks interesting, and I intend to dig a little deeper. Is there a
way to show dimensions in the presentation?

I uploaded that same chair, but with dimensions in all views, and the
dimensions did not show up in the test:

https://sketchfab.com/show/r5aNRYjPwJP52fGwxA7ESk72TR9

weird.... I get....

"That's too bad
While your browser seems to support WebGL, it is disabled or unavailable.
If possible, please ensure that you are running the latest drivers for
your video card."

Maybe I need a plug-in?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/4/13 3:11 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/4/13 3:08 PM, Swingman wrote:

It looks interesting, and I intend to dig a little deeper. Is there a
way to show dimensions in the presentation?

I uploaded that same chair, but with dimensions in all views, and the
dimensions did not show up in the test:

https://sketchfab.com/show/r5aNRYjPwJP52fGwxA7ESk72TR9

weird.... I get....

"That's too bad
While your browser seems to support WebGL, it is disabled or unavailable.
If possible, please ensure that you are running the latest drivers for
your video card."

Maybe I need a plug-in?

Nevermind... found it and enabled it.
Stuck during load, however.... we'll see what happens.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/4/2013 11:36 AM, Swingman wrote:
More to the point:

https://sketchfab.com/show/CeG1vJQcQRTc9ukKBQ2pGgDCvz

might have to zoom in a bit at first, as the scale of the model is
apparently not handled all that well at this stage of technology

I'm of the opinion that this technology could be both a boon for
woodworking, and particularly in advancing the discussion of woodworking.

Apparently all that is left to make it topical on the wRec is a
mechanism for automatically injecting gun control, electrical
one-upmanship, politics, celebrity tits and ass, or inane arguments
about the pursuit of accuracy.

This is cool, is there any thing special to get this to this point?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/4/2013 4:56 PM, Leon wrote:

This is cool, is there any thing special to get this to this point?

Not really ... there is a plugin for Sketchup that allows you to export
directly to their SketchFab website:

http://www.alexschreyer.net/projects...-for-sketchup/

You can export out of the Pro version to some of their formats also, but
it looks like you need to zip up the material files with that.

With the above plug-in that is not necessary.

Apparently you can use the embedded viewer much like you embed a YouTube
video.

More he

http://www.cgarchitect.com/news/view...with-sketchfab

BTW, the basic version is free:

https://sketchfab.com/upgrade

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/4/2013 5:50 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/4/2013 4:56 PM, Leon wrote:

This is cool, is there any thing special to get this to this point?

Not really ... there is a plugin for Sketchup that allows you to export
directly to their SketchFab website:

http://www.alexschreyer.net/projects...-for-sketchup/

You can export out of the Pro version to some of their formats also, but
it looks like you need to zip up the material files with that.

With the above plug-in that is not necessary.

Apparently you can use the embedded viewer much like you embed a YouTube
video.

More he

http://www.cgarchitect.com/news/view...with-sketchfab

BTW, the basic version is free:

https://sketchfab.com/upgrade

I just installed the uploader plug in... I'll let you show me the other
steps tomorrow. Ill bring my iPad and show you the iCad file viewer too.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/4/2013 4:56 PM, Leon wrote:

This is cool, is there any thing special to get this to this point?

Not really ... there is a plugin for Sketchup that allows you to export
directly to their SketchFab website:

I just installed the uploader plug in... I'll let you show me the other
steps tomorrow. Ill bring my iPad and show you the iCad file viewer too.

And don't forget a BIG gumbo bowl and spoon ... LOL

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/4/2013 4:56 PM, Leon wrote:

This is cool, is there any thing special to get this to this point?

Not really ... there is a plugin for Sketchup that allows you to export
directly to their SketchFab website:

I just installed the uploader plug in... I'll let you show me the other
steps tomorrow. Ill bring my iPad and show you the iCad file viewer too.

And don't forget a BIG gumbo bowl and spoon ... LOL

Shall I bring my new favorite hot sauce? ;~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 15:14:52 -0600, -MIKE-
wrote:

On 1/4/13 3:11 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
On 1/4/13 3:08 PM, Swingman wrote:

It looks interesting, and I intend to dig a little deeper. Is there a
way to show dimensions in the presentation?

I uploaded that same chair, but with dimensions in all views, and the
dimensions did not show up in the test:

https://sketchfab.com/show/r5aNRYjPwJP52fGwxA7ESk72TR9

weird.... I get....

"That's too bad
While your browser seems to support WebGL, it is disabled or unavailable.
If possible, please ensure that you are running the latest drivers for
your video card."

Maybe I need a plug-in?

Nevermind... found it and enabled it.
Stuck during load, however.... we'll see what happens.

Doesn't work with WE and in Firefox all I get is a picture of the
chair. Same message as you, and I actually updated all my drivers
today. Firefox on my android phone does work, but to small to enjoy.
Go to Webgl.org and it will show what browsers are fully supported.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 1/4/13 3:11 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

Works fine here in Firefox.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 1/4/13 3:11 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
[...]

Not sure what the problem is then but no more time to fuss with it.
GF's B'day is tomorrow and still have to finish the spalted maple
bowl, and a couple other gifts.

Mike M

paper presentation akki Electronics 0 September 14th 08 01:09 PM
PRESENTATION HAMIDA UK diy 0 May 12th 08 08:19 PM
Presentation tonight! Leah Home Ownership 0 September 6th 07 12:46 AM
Service presentation Consuelo Metalworking 3 December 12th 05 03:03 PM