Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Nice Air Hose??

Hey, just got an email from Rockler,
This is on sale for $19.99
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...campaign=V2267

Do any of you know if this is 3/8 or 1/4 inch hose?
Looks like the same material as the Flexzilla which is more money.
Might be interested in this.

It says assembled in the US, so it might be the Chineese version of
Flexzilla (made in USA) and assembled here.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/1/2013 2:05 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Hey, just got an email from Rockler,
This is on sale for $19.99
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...campaign=V2267

Do any of you know if this is 3/8 or 1/4 inch hose?
Looks like the same material as the Flexzilla which is more money.
Might be interested in this.

It says assembled in the US, so it might be the Chineese version of
Flexzilla (made in USA) and assembled here.

Click on the enlarged photo and it clearly says 3/8". The price is based
on the length, here is the 50' coil of the same product on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Ice-Flex-50-Ai.../dp/B0089XJL82

FWIW, I have the Flexilla:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...4&site=ROCKLER

Good, well made hose, but, just like a garden hose, don't believe the
hype on any air hose. It depends whether they are pressurized on how
well they don't kink or tangle over time.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/1/2013 3:27 PM, Swingman wrote:
[...]

Yep, and if I were to buy, I found the Flexzilla after posting this for
a few dollars more. Would rather keep my money here in the US.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 14:27:41 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Do any of you know if this is 3/8 or 1/4 inch hose?
Looks like the same material as the Flexzilla which is more money.
Might be interested in this.

It says assembled in the US, so it might be the Chineese version of
Flexzilla (made in USA) and assembled here.

Click on the enlarged photo and it clearly says 3/8". The price is based
on the length, here is the 50' coil of the same product on Amazon:

And the more info tab says with 1/4" fittings.

Mike
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike O. wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 14:27:41 -0600, Swingman wrote:

Do any of you know if this is 3/8 or 1/4 inch hose?
Looks like the same material as the Flexzilla which is more money.
Might be interested in this.

It says assembled in the US, so it might be the Chineese version of
Flexzilla (made in USA) and assembled here.

Click on the enlarged photo and it clearly says 3/8". The price is based
on the length, here is the 50' coil of the same product on Amazon:

And the more info tab says with 1/4" fittings.

The question asked was hose size. You can cut off the fittings and install
your own if you want something besides 1/4" NPT, although 1/4" is pretty
standard for most woodworking applications, nail guns, etc.. AMOF, the only
folks I know in the business who even bother going up to even 3/8" may be
painters.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 01 Jan 2013 15:05:29 -0500, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com
wrote:

Hey, just got an email from Rockler,
This is on sale for $19.99
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...campaign=V2267

Do any of you know if this is 3/8 or 1/4 inch hose?
Looks like the same material as the Flexzilla which is more money.
Might be interested in this.

It says assembled in the US, so it might be the Chineese version of
Flexzilla (made in USA) and assembled here.

I finally bit the bullet and went to retractable reels for airlines
and electrical cords. Makes for a lot fewer trip hazards.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike M wrote:

I finally bit the bullet and went to retractable reels for airlines
and electrical cords. Makes for a lot fewer trip hazards.

Oh yeah! You gotta have 'em. Hang them in or near the ceiling and
everything is out of your way when you're not using it, you only pull out
what you need and not an entire coil of hose/wire, makes for a cleaning work
area and makes your hoses and cords last longer.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013 09:48:09 -0700, Mike Marlow wrote
(in article ):

Mike M wrote:

I finally bit the bullet and went to retractable reels for airlines
and electrical cords. Makes for a lot fewer trip hazards.

Oh yeah! You gotta have 'em. Hang them in or near the ceiling and
everything is out of your way when you're not using it, you only pull out
what you need and not an entire coil of hose/wire, makes for a cleaning work
area and makes your hoses and cords last longer.

I have a 'Reelcraft' positioned above my TS. Great for blowing off the dust
before a cut and blowing off all the crap that piles up on the extension
table when I need to crosscut a 2x4.

-Bruce