Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodworking

Default What do you put on a brown wood door facing the sun & rain?

Norminn wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how much of the door and sill are exposed when
the sun is on it? South side of house?

Yes. South. Sun all day. Rain blows in with wind. Always sun. Always rain.
So I need best protection I can give the door. Plus it must be darker.

Here is the picture taken just now showing it already being wet outside.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/7et4h

I see you said not to use water based. I will use what people suggest so
no water based varnish.