Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: 30 days At The Pump

(sorryfor the duplicate Lew, I'm still learning to use this "newsreader")

On 11/12/2012 11:13 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Bill" wrote:

Don't get PO'ed about this one:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...234718329.html

Works for me.

BTW, how close are you to the explosion?

Very close. Actually, my wife and I were concerned about what sounded
like gunfire Saturday night--which now I think it may have been
transformers blowing. At that time, I turned on "Emergency radio
broadcast on the Internet" and heard the call to "send the coroner". I
didn't know the reason until I found out about the explosion until the
next morning.

There is a lot of charity in the area, and 26 families were affected.
It's not like a hurricane or flood where masses are affected--as there
are plenty around who can help (like good neighbors). I was touched
that one person in the neighborhood put up several families--fed them,
etc. The loss of the 2nd grade school teacher, whose home just
happened to be adjacent to the explosion, surely will affect a lot of lives.

Bill

Lew