Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Martin Jointer and Thicknesser

There's no end to the amazing woodworking machines you can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rgWwpCkyUYI
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/19/2012 9:16 AM, Dave wrote:
There's no end to the amazing woodworking machines you can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rgWwpCkyUYI

Sad thing, at least in this country, is that many, if not most, of the
factories using this type of equipment or either closed, or in the
process of closing ... if you watch this type of thing, you can't help
but grok that numerous auction houses are busy liquidating same, using
the catchall, but dead give-away phrase: "equipment no longer needed for
operation".

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/19/12 9:24 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 10/19/2012 9:16 AM, Dave wrote:
There's no end to the amazing woodworking machines you can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rgWwpCkyUYI

Sad thing, at least in this country, is that many, if not most, of the
factories using this type of equipment or either closed, or in the
process of closing ... if you watch this type of thing, you can't help
but grok that numerous auction houses are busy liquidating same, using
the catchall, but dead give-away phrase: "equipment no longer needed for
operation".

I about choked when the guy called it a hobbyist shop. :-)
All those "jobs" we've created in the past four years must be in the
liquidation field.
Of course, sounds like that's in Canada, but who knows?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 10:16:58 -0400, Dave wrote:

There's no end to the amazing woodworking machines you can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rgWwpCkyUYI

Cool. But that machine's footprint is close to the floor space of my
shop. I could only fit one in.

And I like a little sawdust.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Friday, October 19, 2012 9:16:59 AM UTC-5, Upscale wrote:
There's no end to the amazing woodworking machines you can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rgWwpCkyUYI

Probably have to wire my shop for 220. Oh, well.