Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - maybe humor... maybe not - you decide...

Straight forward country thinking...by Jeff Foxworthy

If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great
test!

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for
everyone.

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his
situation.
A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it,
or may choose a job that provides it.
A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good
laugh.

A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

Well, I forwarded it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

[...]

Well, to each his (or her) own. Some things I agree with, some I don't.
Do I have to explain more?

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/29/2012 11:49 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
[...]

Will I am a Republican but did not forward it this time around.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for
everyone.

I heard about a woman who was a vegetarian, but she did eat eggs because she
also supported a woman's right to choose.

I don't know her political affiliation.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 11:49:50 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Straight forward country thinking...by Jeff Foxworthy

If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great
test!

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

An Independent voter makes up his/her own mind based on the facts as
he/she understands them without regard to party affiliation,
bipartisan bickering, or the lack of leadership, intelligence, and
integrity of our current or prospective elected officials.

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Zz Yzx wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

Perhaps I am an independent after all BIG grin.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Zz Yzx wrote:

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

An Independent voter makes up his/her own mind based on the facts as
he/she understands them without regard to party affiliation,
bipartisan bickering, or the lack of leadership, intelligence, and
integrity of our current or prospective elected officials.

Agreed. But the "independent" voter is the most dependent of all. The
"independent" voter has no say in who the candidates will be, has no input
into the policies, platforms, and promises of the candidate, and has no
influence with the ultimate winner.

At my polling place, there will be in excess of three hundred names on a
general election ballot (national, state, county, local, school board,
etc.). To make the "best" decision on each race would require, literally,
hundreds of hours of study and preparation. One would have to visit
innumerable web sites, collect literature, attend town-hall meetings, check
with supporters, and run a gamut of other avenues to reach a truly informed
decision. While this might be ideal, virtually no one goes to that much
trouble.

No, the "independent" voter only gets to choose between Tweedledum and
Tweedledee (sometimes also Dumbo).

A better approach is to pick a political party most in tune with your views
and work within it. Donate money, pass out literature, get elected as a
delegate from your precinct to the county convention (and from there to the
state convention and from there to the national convention). Knock on doors.
Make telephone calls. Put up yard signs. Pass out bumper stickers.

It could be about the same amount of work as the first example, but in the
latter you can influence the outcome far more than a single vote.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/30/2012 7:32 AM, Han wrote:
Zz Yzx wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

our.......elected officials."******

With people think like this is it any wonder we are in one of the
longest depressions since the 1930 with the social democrats in office.

If you don't evaluate a person for office based on these factors what do
you evaluate them on, the money they pay you to vote for therm?

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Straight forward country thinking...by Jeff Foxworthy

If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great
test!

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

An Independent voter makes up his/her own mind based on the facts as
he/she understands them without regard to party affiliation,
bipartisan bickering, or the lack of leadership, intelligence, and
integrity of our current or prospective elected officials.

Democrat huh?

Gotta be. "_without_ regard to lack of intelligence" gave it away.
The next day, that person will go back to work flipping burgers.

--
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Zz Yzx wrote:

[...]

I agree!!!

Rules say I can't put signs in my yard. Otherwise I'm doing some of
those things. I have lame and not so lame reasons not to go vie to be a
delegate.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Straight forward country thinking...by Jeff Foxworthy

If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great
test!

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

An Independent voter makes up his/her own mind based on the facts as
he/she understands them without regard to party affiliation,
bipartisan bickering, or the lack of leadership, intelligence, and
integrity of our current or prospective elected officials.

Democrat huh?

Gotta be. "_without_ regard to lack of intelligence" gave it away.
The next day, that person will go back to work flipping burgers.

--
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate. -- Chuang-tzu

I strongly believe that the "red squeak horn button" on a child's toy
steering wheel is as effective in giving a feeling of accomplishment to
the child as dues the "vote click button" does to the voter.
The advantage of the squeak button is that disappointment rarely
follows, you get what is promised.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

" wrote in
:

On 30 Aug 2012 15:19:02 GMT, Han wrote:

snip
Rules say I can't put signs in my yard.

Why?

That's the rule in our community. No signs in the yard. Bumperstickers
are OK. Other parts of town get really littered with election stuff. I am
happy here!

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 31 Aug 2012 00:47:16 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

On 30 Aug 2012 15:19:02 GMT, Han wrote:

snip
Rules say I can't put signs in my yard.

Why?

That's the rule in our community.

That "rule" has no teeth.

No signs in the yard. Bumperstickers
are OK. Other parts of town get really littered with election stuff. I am
happy here!

As long as it's your property (not the city right-of-way), there is nothing
they can do to stop you. I suppose you haven't heard of the First Amendment.
Yes, it covers *precisely* this situation.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:32:42 -0700, "CW" wrote:

So, since you don't like what is offered, you will leave it up to others to
decide for you. Sounds like "don't care" to me.

How is voting for the person you wish to win a "don't care" attitude?
If the rest of you play-it-safers and lesser-of-evilers had only voted
for Perot in '92, we wouldn't have any of the messes we do today.
You had your chance and blew it.

--
I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during
my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty.

Too bad -none- of the current CONgresscritters are willing to do that. -LJ
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:32:42 -0700, "CW" wrote:

So, since you don't like what is offered, you will leave it up to others to
decide for you. Sounds like "don't care" to me.

How is voting for the person you wish to win a "don't care" attitude?

Since you know that that person is not going to win, you are accepting the
choice of others, those that vote for viable candidates. Like playing a game
of darts. You decide right off that you can't win so you throw your dart 90
degrees from the board. You might as well not play. Results will be the
same.

If the rest of you play-it-safers and lesser-of-evilers had only voted
for Perot in '92, we wouldn't have any of the messes we do today.
You had your chance and blew it.

I did. He blew it. You can continue to not vote for as long as you want. It
won't help. You need a viable candidate first.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

" wrote in
:

Some just can't stand making a decision. They may make the wrong one
so simply choose an option that isn't an option at all. They'll never
have to blame themselves for making a mistake. Other simply refuse to
admit they made a mistake and will stick with it to the end. ...and
that's where we are.

Yep. And I could go on

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:32:42 -0700, "CW" wrote:

So, since you don't like what is offered, you will leave it up to
others to decide for you. Sounds like "don't care" to me.

How is voting for the person you wish to win a "don't care" attitude?
If the rest of you play-it-safers and lesser-of-evilers had only voted
for Perot in '92, we wouldn't have any of the messes we do today.
You had your chance and blew it.

That would work in a multiparty coalition form of government. It has
some pros, but for a superpower as is the US, too many cons. Because it
would mean that the head of government would serve at the pleasure of
Parliament. Which means that if a minor party to the coalition bails,
out of spite or principle, there is a lame duck government until the next
elections can be held. Won't work in the US, despite the many factions
in both Rs and Ds.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"J. Clarke" wrote in
in.local:

So, given the choice between having cancer in your left nut or in your
right nut, which would you pick?

You pick the nut you like most and treat it, so it does what you like it to
do. Simple, really!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

" wrote in
news
On 31 Aug 2012 00:47:16 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
m:

On 30 Aug 2012 15:19:02 GMT, Han wrote:

snip
Rules say I can't put signs in my yard.

Why?

That's the rule in our community.

That "rule" has no teeth.

No signs in the yard. Bumperstickers
are OK. Other parts of town get really littered with election stuff.
I am happy here!

As long as it's your property (not the city right-of-way), there is
nothing they can do to stop you. I suppose you haven't heard of the
First Amendment. Yes, it covers *precisely* this situation.

I chose to live here (http://radburn.org), knowing there are
restrictions. End of story. There are other ways to show my first
amendment rights that don't pollute my environment.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 31 Aug 2012 13:06:56 GMT, Han wrote:

" wrote in
:

Some just can't stand making a decision. They may make the wrong one
so simply choose an option that isn't an option at all. They'll never
have to blame themselves for making a mistake. Other simply refuse to
admit they made a mistake and will stick with it to the end. ...and
that's where we are.

Yep. And I could go on

You will. That's the point.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:

I chose to live here (http://radburn.org), knowing there are
restrictions. End of story.

Yup - those are the decisions we are entitled to make. I'm with you on the
privledge to make that decision Han.

There are other ways to show my first
amendment rights that don't pollute my environment.

Pollute? A bit of an extreme statement, don't ya think? (although - I
hate political signs in yards myself...)

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

Overnight change is going to be harmful even if it makes every one a
millionaire. We do not need over night change, we need for government
to not be involved as much and let capitalism run its course.

I fiercely agree!

15~20
years ago some Doctors offices, clinics, drug stores, hospitals and
such quit accepting insurance and they are still around today. The
result is that patients that chose to go with the doctors plan, a few
hundred dollars a year for the whole family, got drastically reduced
office visits, drug prescriptions, hospital care and surgeries, etc.

I have not experienced that. Our local doctors and dentists did indeed quit
(to a large degree, though not completely), accepting insurance billing at
the time of service. Around here, we have never experienced any Doctor's
plans. Sorry - just not familiar with what that is. Here - you pay, then
you turn it into your insurance. Doctor is fairly removed from that process
now. (at least for those that do not do direct billing to insurance
companies).

Take the insurance companies out of the equation and doctors have to
gain patients on their own merits and pricing. And from what I hear
this works out very well for the patient and doctors. No free rides
but medical care at 15~25 percent of the cost of that which is
burdened by insurance.

Again... around here... we are not seeing that doctors have to work to get
patients. It seems that more and more are not taking on new patients. I
can't say that for a certaintly - it's just what it seems like from what I
observe. As far as pricing goes - I have not seen any real difference in
pricing between doctors, or as a reflection of whether they take insurance
or not. But... that is a very narrow perspective of observation.

I know that in our case (the only specific I can really reference), having
no insurance does not make a bit of difference with our family doctor. It
made a HUGE difference with some lab work I had done, and it made a
measurable difference with an Oral Surgeon, so the playing field is not too
flat around here yet. My office visit to my family doctor was $100.
Insurance - $100. No insurance - $100. I left there thinking I might need
to find a new doctor...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Democrat huh?

**** you.

Independent. I think for myself.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

For the most part doctors rely on the being on the list of doctors
that accept a specific type/brand of insurance. Insurance companies
typically point the patient to a group of doctors and then the patient
picks from that group. Those doctors agree to take a significantly
less amount for payment. If every one could pay what insurance pays
for out health care there would be no need for insurance except in
extreme cases. The fact that insurance pays for all medical care these
days
is the problem.

Agreed. The negotiated rates are good for the insurance company, but who in
the hell can afford that stuff out of pocket?

The "plan" doctors typically charge the patient $30~$40 per visit.
Doctors accepting insurance have to charge higher prices to employ
staff

Holy **** Leon! And that's in Houston? Christ - we're up here in cental NY
where nobody wants to live and we pay twice to three times that - out of
pocket! When we had insurance, the fee was about the same, which is what
really ****es me off! Now - it you are talking about insurance co-pay, that
is a different story. That rate would not be too bad.

Drugs, I was on medication for cholesterol, Vytorin and high blood
pressure, Toporal. With insurance the name brand medication averaged
$3 per day when buying a 90 day supply. I switched to generic
Simestatin

Simvistatin? Same thing I'm on. Much cheaper than the name brand, and the
blood tests prove it works.

and Atenenol, mainly because one of the the name brands was no longer
available, and my 90 day drug cost went from $270 to $11. And these
12 cents a day medications are working much better than the name
branded stuff.

**** Dude - $11 for 90 days??? At Wal Mart I pay twice that for a 30 day
supply. Whatever you do - don't be caught complaining about the cost of
living in Houston...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/31/2012 12:50 PM, Zz Yzx wrote:

Democrat huh?

**** you.

Independent. I think for myself.

Of course you do. ;~0
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/31/2012 1:09 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Leon wrote:

For the most part doctors rely on the being on the list of doctors
that accept a specific type/brand of insurance. Insurance companies
typically point the patient to a group of doctors and then the patient
picks from that group. Those doctors agree to take a significantly
less amount for payment. If every one could pay what insurance pays
for out health care there would be no need for insurance except in
extreme cases. The fact that insurance pays for all medical care these
days
is the problem.

Agreed. The negotiated rates are good for the insurance company, but who in
the hell can afford that stuff out of pocket?

It is all trumped up expenses. The doctors have to charge higher rates
to make up for the losses on insurance claims.
When I was in the automotive business, specifically the new car
dealership business we had a similar situation. Warranty work.
Warranty work is paid for by the dealer, then the dealer like the doctor
has to collect from the manufacturer and every thing had better be
spotless on that claim. Basically if the claim had the simplest error
which made no difference in the validity of the claim it was kicked back
for resubmitted. Top that off with if the claim was previously
submitted and paid to another dealer it would be rejected and had to be
reviewed by the factory rep. Also like medical insurance the factory
never paid as much for the repairs as the customer. Our arrangement was
that the factory paid a percentage of the retail labor rate. If we
lowered customer pay labor rates, the factory paid lower labor rates.
I am sure the medical industry is not too different.

The "plan" doctors typically charge the patient $30~$40 per visit.
Doctors accepting insurance have to charge higher prices to employ
staff

Holy **** Leon! And that's in Houston? Christ - we're up here in cental NY
where nobody wants to live and we pay twice to three times that - out of
pocket! When we had insurance, the fee was about the same, which is what
really ****es me off! Now - it you are talking about insurance co-pay, that
is a different story. That rate would not be too bad.

No, these "groups" of care givers had no copay, you paid the annual
family rateofr a few hundred dollars a year and then simply paid as you
went for everything at a highly reduced rate. There was an example
given on one of the local talks shows hosted by a well known woman's
care facility. A caller with another group plan called in to give an
example of his savings. With out insurance, arthroscopic?? surgery for
his daughter's knee was quoted at around $25000, some 15 years ago. His
group plans out of pocket cost was around $2,700. No insurance involved
at all. If this is a down side, you did have to go to this particularly
small group of care givers and their group of hospitals.

Drugs, I was on medication for cholesterol, Vytorin and high blood
pressure, Toporal. With insurance the name brand medication averaged
$3 per day when buying a 90 day supply. I switched to generic
Simestatin

Simvistatin? Same thing I'm on. Much cheaper than the name brand, and the
blood tests prove it works.

I was border line in need but I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 5
years ago and they put me on the medication before running tests.

I recently switched and my labs last month showed perfection as the
doctors office indicated. :!)

and Atenenol, mainly because one of the the name brands was no longer
available, and my 90 day drug cost went from $270 to $11. And these
12 cents a day medications are working much better than the name
branded stuff.

**** Dude - $11 for 90 days??? At Wal Mart I pay twice that for a 30 day
supply. Whatever you do - don't be caught complaining about the cost of
living in Houston...

Not complaining at all. LOL The BP medication is less than $3 for 90
days, IIRC.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Debt is bad for those with money. It's good for those the lifetime welfare
recipients. Think of it as trickle-up-poverty.

+1
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"CW" wrote in
m:

Debt is bad for those with money. It's good for those the lifetime
welfare recipients. Think of it as trickle-up-poverty.

+1

+1, another type of inflation

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Han wrote:

I chose to live here (http://radburn.org), knowing there are
restrictions. End of story.

Yup - those are the decisions we are entitled to make. I'm with you
on the privledge to make that decision Han.

There are other ways to show my first
amendment rights that don't pollute my environment.

Pollute? A bit of an extreme statement, don't ya think? (although -
I hate political signs in yards myself...)

That's what I mean, Mike. In oher parts of town the yard signs
proliferate like mad rabbits in early spring. People even put them in
the public right of way along the roads.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:

That's what I mean, Mike. In oher parts of town the yard signs
proliferate like mad rabbits in early spring. People even put them in
the public right of way along the roads.

As much as I too hate that - I'm not sure it is illegal to place things in
the public right of way, as long as the landowner is on board with it. I
thing that the landowner retains his/her rights even under a right of way.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:

Sorry, Keith, it has been litigated to the highest court here, very
recently, and the not-for-profit corporation can do these long
established things. Moreover, on a related but separate subject,
first amendment or not, there are rules for where you can put
billboards.

Right. The interesting part is that there are NO limits, including profanity
or nudity, that may be used in a political TV or radio ad.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

may be used in a political TV or radio ad

ABC News showed us that this evening, on national TV, when Clint was
mouthing "**** off" in the news clip on his "performance" last evening!

Now, I don't care what he says or when, but I thought it was a little
"off" as an "ad" for family values Republicans ...
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"CW" wrote in
m:

The courts have ruled that politicians have a constitutional right to
lie.

Is that serious? What a relief!
--
Best regards