Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: David Brooks-The Real Romney

The Real Romney

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/op...?_r=1&emc=eta1.

THIS HERE'S FUNNEEEE ! [I don't care who you are]

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in
eb.com:

The Real Romney

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/op...-romney.html?_
r=1&emc=eta1.

THIS HERE'S FUNNEEEE ! [I don't care who you are]

I too thought it was funny.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

The Real Romney

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/op...ooks-the-real-

romney.html?_r=1&emc=eta1.

THIS HERE'S FUNNEEEE ! [I don't care who you are]

You know to some this is funny but to me it is twaddle.

Oh, I know he was trying to be funny, but it isn't. Inane, moronic, etc,
yes. However, it lacks all the essential elements of humor. It isn't even
a good roast.

Its just twaddle. That it made it to the pages of the NYTimes tells you a
lot about the paper. But then others, recently, have said it already.

Deb

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dr. Deb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

The Real Romney

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/op...ooks-the-real-
romney.html?_r=1&emc=eta1.

THIS HERE'S FUNNEEEE ! [I don't care who you are]

You know to some this is funny but to me it is twaddle.

Oh, I know he was trying to be funny, but it isn't. Inane, moronic,
etc, yes. However, it lacks all the essential elements of humor. It
isn't even a good roast.

Its just twaddle. That it made it to the pages of the NYTimes tells
you a lot about the paper. But then others, recently, have said it
already.

What is "twaddle"?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 11:54:51 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Dr. Deb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

The Real Romney

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/op...ooks-the-real-
romney.html?_r=1&emc=eta1.

THIS HERE'S FUNNEEEE ! [I don't care who you are]

You know to some this is funny but to me it is twaddle.

Oh, I know he was trying to be funny, but it isn't. Inane, moronic,
etc, yes. However, it lacks all the essential elements of humor. It
isn't even a good roast.

Its just twaddle. That it made it to the pages of the NYTimes tells
you a lot about the paper. But then others, recently, have said it
already.

What is "twaddle"?

If you look it up in the dictionary all you will find is a picture of
Lew. BTW, you'll also find his picture in the dictionary under
racist, loon, bigot and many other similar adjectives.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

wrote:

Dr. Deb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

The Real Romney

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/op...ooks-the-real-
romney.html?_r=1&emc=eta1.

THIS HERE'S FUNNEEEE ! [I don't care who you are]

You know to some this is funny but to me it is twaddle.

Oh, I know he was trying to be funny, but it isn't. Inane, moronic,
etc, yes. However, it lacks all the essential elements of humor. It
isn't even a good roast.

Its just twaddle. That it made it to the pages of the NYTimes tells
you a lot about the paper. But then others, recently, have said it
already.

What is "twaddle"?

If you look it up in the dictionary all you will find is a picture of
Lew. BTW, you'll also find his picture in the dictionary under
racist, loon, bigot and many other similar adjectives.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/twaddle
As far as the other namecalling, whomsoever fits the shoe, wear it, twit.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/29/2012 9:54 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Dr. Deb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

The Real Romney

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/op...ooks-the-real-
romney.html?_r=1&emc=eta1.

THIS HERE'S FUNNEEEE ! [I don't care who you are]

You know to some this is funny but to me it is twaddle.

Oh, I know he was trying to be funny, but it isn't. Inane, moronic,
etc, yes. However, it lacks all the essential elements of humor. It
isn't even a good roast.

Its just twaddle. That it made it to the pages of the NYTimes tells
you a lot about the paper. But then others, recently, have said it
already.

What is "twaddle"?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/twaddle :
a : silly idle talk : drivel
b : something insignificant or worthless : nonsense that idea is pure
twaddle

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 29 Aug 2012 17:33:14 GMT, Han wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

wrote:

Dr. Deb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

[...]

Twit? Hardly. I'm shocked that you would stoop to name calling. I
was merely stating facts based on Lew's history of posts, that's all.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

On 29 Aug 2012 17:33:14 GMT, Han wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote in
m:

wrote:

Dr. Deb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

[...]

You're calling Lew all kinds of things. I did look up twaddle in an
online dictionary (several in fact) and I didn't see a picture of Lew or
anyone else. Lew may have different political opinions than you, but
then you started the namecalling, twit.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:

You're calling Lew all kinds of things. I did look up twaddle in an
online dictionary (several in fact) and I didn't see a picture of Lew
or anyone else. Lew may have different political opinions than you,
but then you started the namecalling, twit.

I don't get it - and they call me argumentative. I guess it's all in who
you are...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 29 Aug 2012 20:39:11 GMT, Han wrote:

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

wrote:

Dr. Deb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

[...]

Take a look back, maybe a year or so, when Lew was calling everyone
who disagreed with him a "pathetic bigot" and you will see who started
the name calling. You may apologize if you wish, but I doubt that is
part of your character.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

wrote:

Dr. Deb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

[...]

OK, I'll apologize. Sometimes I go and do look back, but a year? With
people who post as much? I'll take your word for it, Gordon, whether or
not I'd agree with Lew. Yes, that is a pretty lame apology, I know.
Because I often agree with Lew, whether or not I specifically say so (not
always, but often - hey I even sometimes disagree with Karl!).
--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 30 Aug 2012 11:26:21 GMT, Han wrote:

OK, I'll apologize. Sometimes I go and do look back, but a year? With
people who post as much? I'll take your word for it, Gordon, whether or
not I'd agree with Lew. Yes, that is a pretty lame apology, I know.
Because I often agree with Lew, whether or not I specifically say so (not
always, but often - hey I even sometimes disagree with Karl!).
--
Best regards
Han
email address is invalid

Apology accepted. Lame is better than nothing :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dr. Deb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

The Real Romney

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/op...ooks-the-real-
romney.html?_r=1&emc=eta1.

THIS HERE'S FUNNEEEE ! *[I don't care who you are]

You know to some this is funny but to me it is twaddle.

Oh, I know he was trying to be funny, but it isn't. *Inane, moronic,
etc, yes. *However, it lacks all the essential elements of humor. *It
isn't even a good roast.

Its just twaddle. *That it made it to the pages of the NYTimes tells
you a lot about the paper. *But then others, recently, have said it
already.

What is "twaddle"?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/twaddle:
a : silly idle talk : drivel
b : something insignificant or worthless : nonsense that idea is pure
twaddle

Now, don't go trying those brain farts on us again.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Dr. Deb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
The Real Romney
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/28/op...ooks-the-real-
romney.html?_r=1&emc=eta1.
THIS HERE'S FUNNEEEE ! [I don't care who you are]
You know to some this is funny but to me it is twaddle.
Oh, I know he was trying to be funny, but it isn't. Inane, moronic,
etc, yes. However, it lacks all the essential elements of humor. It
isn't even a good roast.
Its just twaddle. That it made it to the pages of the NYTimes tells
you a lot about the paper. But then others, recently, have said it
already.
What is "twaddle"?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/twaddle:
a : silly idle talk : drivel
b : something insignificant or worthless : nonsense that idea is pure
twaddle

Now, don't go trying those brain farts on us again.

There goes not-so-Gohde, shaming his mother again with more twaddle.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/29/2012 5:03 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Han wrote:

You're calling Lew all kinds of things. I did look up twaddle in an
online dictionary (several in fact) and I didn't see a picture of Lew
or anyone else. Lew may have different political opinions than you,
but then you started the namecalling, twit.

I don't get it - and they call me argumentative. I guess it's all in who
you are...

I'd say, in the twaddle of one world famous twit, "it depends on your
definition of" argumentative!

Personally, I'm amused by one guy calling another a twit, whilst
admonishing the other for name calling... Pretty good stuff.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Han wrote:

You're calling Lew all kinds of things. I did look up twaddle in an
online dictionary (several in fact) and I didn't see a picture of
Lew or anyone else. Lew may have different political opinions than
you, but then you started the namecalling, twit.

I don't get it - and they call me argumentative. I guess it's all in
who you are...

I'd say, in the twaddle of one world famous twit, "it depends on your
definition of" argumentative!

Personally, I'm amused by one guy calling another a twit, whilst
admonishing the other for name calling... Pretty good stuff.

Wow, somebody got the irony of my post !!!

--
Best regards
Han