Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I tried to post here?

I tried to post here, but I cannot see it

Did I fail that too on the new google groups?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Sonnich Jensen" wrote in message
I tried to post here, but I cannot see it

Did I fail that too on the new google groups?

Looks like you made it this time .
Clay

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonnich Jensen wrote:
I tried to post here, but I cannot see it

Did I fail that too on the new google groups?

I guess nobody uses alt.test anymore.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:19:01 AM UTC+3, Clay wrote:
"Sonnich Jensen" wrote in message

I tried to post here, but I cannot see it

Did I fail that too on the new google groups?

Looks like you made it this time .

Clay

Thanks

I have problems with the new google groups - and the help is of no use:

1) how do I search for group names?
In the old version I could click the the group name or search for eg microsoft.pulic.windows.....

2) how do I post to groups, without subscribing?

and 3) where is 1) in the help?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:41:47 AM UTC+3, Mike Marlow wrote:
Sonnich Jensen wrote:

I tried to post here, but I cannot see it

Did I fail that too on the new google groups?

I guess nobody uses alt.test anymore.

as of now I cannot even get there.... that is my problem - see my other post

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonnich Jensen wrote:

I tried to post here, but I cannot see it

Did I fail that too on the new google groups?

I guess nobody uses alt.test anymore.

that went missing too....

so simple: how do I get from here to another group in google groups?
how do I search for eg. microsoft.public.windows.....subgroups?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonnich Jensen wrote:

I tried to post here, but I cannot see it

Did I fail that too on the new google groups?

I guess nobody uses alt.test anymore.

that went missing too....

so simple: how do I get from here to another group in google groups?
how do I search for eg. microsoft.public.windows.....subgroups?

I don't know how to get anywhere thru google groups.. But if you register
with ( news.eternal-september.org ) it's FREE. It does carry some
microsoft.public.windows groups. I don't know how active they are.

( news.eternal-september.org ) carries thousands of groups so I'd bet you
can find some that will suit your needs.

Clay

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Sonnich Jensen wrote:

I tried to post here, but I cannot see it

Did I fail that too on the new google groups?

I guess nobody uses alt.test anymore.

that went missing too....

so simple: how do I get from here to another group in google groups?
how do I search for eg. microsoft.public.windows.....subgroups?

I don't know how to get anywhere thru google groups.. But if you
register with ( news.eternal-september.org ) it's FREE. It does
carry some
microsoft.public.windows groups. I don't know how active they are.

( news.eternal-september.org ) carries thousands of groups so I'd
bet you
can find some that will suit your needs.

Clay

I'll second Clay. That site works most of the time. No binaries though.
If you'd care to spend $10, you could buy 25GB of downloads from
astraweb.com. I did that 3 years ago and have used just over 1 GB of
that 25. Astraweb has better retention and better reliability than
eternal-september, but it does cost that $10.

Then using any of several free newsreaders, you can access all that is
available. I have an affinity for XNews, but there are others.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonnich Jensen wrote:

I have problems with the new google groups - and the help is of no
use:

1) how do I search for group names?
In the old version I could click the the group name or search for eg
microsoft.pulic.windows.....

I jumped over there the other day when you first posted your questions. I
was able to search for a group by typing in a part of the name. Worked
fine. I think it was the second screen. If I remember correctly, the first
screen had a Browse button, which I hit, and then I typed in a part of a
group name in the search box at the top of the screen. It took a while for
google to populate everything it was trying to report back on that search,
but group names was part of that return. I agree - it sucks as an
interface, but it did at least appear to work.

2) how do I post to groups, without subscribing?

Don't know - google may require you to establish an account. What happens
when you try to post without subscribing?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonnich Jensen wrote:

I tried to post here, but I cannot see it

Did I fail that too on the new google groups?

I guess nobody uses alt.test anymore.

that went missing too....

so simple: how do I get from here to another group in google groups?
how do I search for eg. microsoft.public.windows.....subgroups?

See a previous post of mine. But... how did you get here? Can't just
search the same way you did to get here?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:41:47 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
I guess nobody uses alt.test anymore.

Or, alt.binaries.test.