Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need a Stanley 40?

I stumbled across a podcast series that was a lot like peanuts, I couldn't
watch just one. (This probably says more about me than I want any
psychakesist to know)

They were all interesting, in their own way, then there was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFBnTOGc-2w

The really surprising thing is, it actually works.

Hey, a fun project for $9.99, who could resist, right?

Deb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 20:04:49 -0500, "Dr. Deb"
wrote:

I stumbled across a podcast series that was a lot like peanuts, I couldn't
watch just one. (This probably says more about me than I want any
psychakesist to know)

They were all interesting, in their own way, then there was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFBnTOGc-2w

The really surprising thing is, it actually works.

Hey, a fun project for $9.99, who could resist, right?

Thanks, Deb. Fun vids.

--
We are always the same age inside.
-- Gertrude Stein
Posted to rec.woodworking

I've got one of those planes. It did NOT work "right out of the
box" (except as a paper weight). The blade has a back bevel that will
require grinding an eighth inch or more from the end. Not having a
good way to do that properly (accurately), I just used thge blade to
learn how to use my Veritas sharpening guide. The hold-down cap is
another problem, but for $10 plus tax (gotta look for more discount
coupons!), it's not worth taking back.

On Aug 8, 8:04*pm, "Dr. Deb" wrote:
I stumbled across a podcast series that was a lot like peanuts, I couldn't
watch just one. (This probably says more about me than I want any
psychakesist to know)

They were all interesting, in their own way, then there was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFBnTOGc-2w

The really surprising thing is, it actually works.

Hey, a fun project for $9.99, who could resist, right?

Deb

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 8, 8:04 pm, "Dr. Deb" wrote:
I stumbled across a podcast series that was a lot like peanuts, I couldn't
watch just one. (This probably says more about me than I want any
psychakesist to know)

They were all interesting, in their own way, then there was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFBnTOGc-2w

The really surprising thing is, it actually works.

Hey, a fun project for $9.99, who could resist, right?

Deb

I did the same thing with a Buck Brothers plane I got from Lowes. Tuned up
and blade reground. Tried it out. Works great, or so it did 15 years ago.
It's been sitting on the shelf that long.