Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Japanese Shoji Paper - PVC laminated?

Based on Robotoy's mention, I approached a client about using this, in
lieu of opaque glass, on two desk doors:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...JI_PAPER-10#4S

She "LOVED it!" picked out the "Shoji Warlon Sheet#5-Extra Strength" on
the above page, and I just ordered it this morning.

Never used the stuff before ... anyone with some experience have an idea
of how best to both cut, and mount, this material in place of glass in a
door?

My first thought is a carbide blade on the table saw?

(Rob, it's your damned fault!)

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/7/2012 2:02 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Well, I'm going to give you your own advice back.

Contact the vendor. They must have some good info.

What a ****ing dickhead remark.

Here smartass, if you can get an answer out of them today, let me know
what they say:

800-636-3138

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/7/2012 1:27 PM, Swingman wrote:
Based on Robotoy's mention, I approached a client about using this, in
lieu of opaque glass, on two desk doors:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...JI_PAPER-10#4S

She "LOVED it!" picked out the "Shoji Warlon Sheet#5-Extra Strength" on
the above page, and I just ordered it this morning.

Never used the stuff before ... anyone with some experience have an idea
of how best to both cut, and mount, this material in place of glass in a
door?

My first thought is a carbide blade on the table saw?

(Rob, it's your damned fault!)

Clueless, BUT it is rice paper reinforced with a silky fiber and rolled
up so I suspect it is not very stiff. I would guess a pair of scissors
may do the trick.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 15:26:41 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 7/7/2012 1:27 PM, Swingman wrote:
Based on Robotoy's mention, I approached a client about using this, in
lieu of opaque glass, on two desk doors:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...JI_PAPER-10#4S

She "LOVED it!" picked out the "Shoji Warlon Sheet#5-Extra Strength" on
the above page, and I just ordered it this morning.

Never used the stuff before ... anyone with some experience have an idea
of how best to both cut, and mount, this material in place of glass in a
door?

My first thought is a carbide blade on the table saw?

(Rob, it's your damned fault!)

Clueless, BUT it is rice paper reinforced with a silky fiber and rolled
up so I suspect it is not very stiff. I would guess a pair of scissors
may do the trick.

As far as mounting it, how about wall paper paste on a (primed) piece of luan?
If the paste soaks through the paper, maybe spray-on contact cement? ...or
maybe photographic "dry-mounting paper"?

....or:
http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Paper.../dp/B002DOYGKG

Instead of luan, maybe a piece of glass? ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:27:14 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Based on Robotoy's mention, I approached a client about using this, in
lieu of opaque glass, on two desk doors:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...JI_PAPER-10#4S

She "LOVED it!" picked out the "Shoji Warlon Sheet#5-Extra Strength" on
the above page, and I just ordered it this morning.

Cool. Not cheap, is it? I've been eyeing some of the new and
improved shoji papers for some upcoming CNC project ideas.

Never used the stuff before ... anyone with some experience have an idea
of how best to both cut, and mount, this material in place of glass in a
door?

My first thought is a carbide blade on the table saw?

(Rob, it's your damned fault!)

How about utility scissors, or the utility knife w/ a new blade? I
guess it depends on how thick, brittle, and tough it is.

If too thick, why didn't you immediately think of your Festool saur?
I need to do a slight cutdown on an opaque acrylic insert panel for a
sunlight in a 30 y/o mobile if I get the carpeting job for its stairs
and porch, and I immediately thought of the Makita plunge saur.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 14:38:54 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 7/7/2012 2:02 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Well, I'm going to give you your own advice back.

Contact the vendor. They must have some good info.

What a ****ing dickhead remark.

Here smartass, if you can get an answer out of them today, let me know
what they say:

800-636-3138

Plonking is much more satisfying than replies, Swingy.
You never again have to put up with their ****.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote:
[...]

It is my understanding that this particular item is in sheet form, not
rolls, is laminated on both sides with clear PVC, and is made to be used in
doors and windows ... at least that is what is stated in the first link
above.

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:27:14 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Based on Robotoy's mention, I approached a client about using this, in
lieu of opaque glass, on two desk doors:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...JI_PAPER-10#4S

She "LOVED it!" picked out the "Shoji Warlon Sheet#5-Extra Strength" on
the above page, and I just ordered it this morning.

Never used the stuff before ... anyone with some experience have an idea
of how best to both cut, and mount, this material in place of glass in a
door?

My first thought is a carbide blade on the table saw?

(Rob, it's your damned fault!)

Maybe this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCzKhfaZehk

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:27:14 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Based on Robotoy's mention, I approached a client about using this, in
lieu of opaque glass, on two desk doors:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...JI_PAPER-10#4S

She "LOVED it!" picked out the "Shoji Warlon Sheet#5-Extra Strength" on
the above page, and I just ordered it this morning.

Cool. Not cheap, is it? I've been eyeing some of the new and
improved shoji papers for some upcoming CNC project ideas.

I'm thinking that $33/door is reasonable. Don't think I can get a boutique
glass for that price?

If too thick, why didn't you immediately think of your Festool saur?
I need to do a slight cutdown on an opaque acrylic insert panel for a
sunlight in a 30 y/o mobile if I get the carpeting job for its stairs
and porch, and I immediately thought of the Makita plunge saur.

There's always that. I was hoping it might cut like polycarbonate, which Is
quicker to do on the table saw.

Basically I don't have a clue, and neither did the salesperson I talked to
the other day. Someone in the know was supposed to return my call
yesterday, but no joy there yet.

--
www.ewoodshop.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike M wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:27:14 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Based on Robotoy's mention, I approached a client about using this, in
lieu of opaque glass, on two desk doors:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...JI_PAPER-10#4S

She "LOVED it!" picked out the "Shoji Warlon Sheet#5-Extra Strength" on
the above page, and I just ordered it this morning.

Never used the stuff before ... anyone with some experience have an idea
of how best to both cut, and mount, this material in place of glass in a
door?

My first thought is a carbide blade on the table saw?

(Rob, it's your damned fault!)

Maybe this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCzKhfaZehk

Mike M

Interesting .... Thanks!
--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 16:13:40 -0500, Swingman wrote:

" wrote:
[...]

Ah, I see it comes in a 3'x25' roll, 3'x6' laminated sheet, and adhesive
backed. I just saw the first item on the page.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Well lets see you ordered it, so it can't be there for a couple of days.

You don't like your own advice.. No surprise.
You act like a freaking prima-dona ... Grow the **** up , and learn to
control your childish temper.

On 7/7/2012 3:38 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/7/2012 2:02 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Well, I'm going to give you your own advice back.

Contact the vendor. They must have some good info.

What a ****ing dickhead remark.

Here smartass, if you can get an answer out of them today, let me know
what they say:

800-636-3138

Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote:
[...]

Yep ... I'm hoping like hell it is something that can be cut to fit and
mounted, like a sheet plastic, otherwise a call to the Saturday Night
Samurai may be in order.

--
www.ewoodshop.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/7/2012 4:56 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Well lets see you ordered it, so it can't be there for a couple of days.

You don't like your own advice.. No surprise.
You act like a freaking prima-dona ... Grow the **** up , and learn
to control your childish temper.

Like you control your childish insistence on going against the flow and
top posting, yeah right.

On 7/7/2012 3:38 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/7/2012 2:02 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Well, I'm going to give you your own advice back.

Unlike yours, any advice I proffer is based on experience, and always
has a followup.

You didn't have a ****ing clue, yet you didn't let that override your
top posting, smartass mouth.

How did that call go, and just what the **** do you think the purpose of
this forum is for, eh?

800-636-3138

You nailed it, Dave ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 16:24:57 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:27:14 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Based on Robotoy's mention, I approached a client about using this, in
lieu of opaque glass, on two desk doors:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...JI_PAPER-10#4S

She "LOVED it!" picked out the "Shoji Warlon Sheet#5-Extra Strength" on
the above page, and I just ordered it this morning.

Cool. Not cheap, is it? I've been eyeing some of the new and
improved shoji papers for some upcoming CNC project ideas.

I'm thinking that $33/door is reasonable.

I'm thinking "paper", so $71 for a 3x6' piece seems steep to me.

Don't think I can get a boutique glass for that price?

Prolly not.

If too thick, why didn't you immediately think of your Festool saur?
I need to do a slight cutdown on an opaque acrylic insert panel for a
sunlight in a 30 y/o mobile if I get the carpeting job for its stairs
and porch, and I immediately thought of the Makita plunge saur.

There's always that. I was hoping it might cut like polycarbonate, which Is
quicker to do on the table saw.

Judging by the application, I'd think it was fairly thin. "Extra
Strength", to a marketer, might mean an extra 0.002" of resin on each
side of a 0.003" paper.

Basically I don't have a clue, and neither did the salesperson I talked to
the other day. Someone in the know was supposed to return my call
yesterday, but no joy there yet.

Does it ship in a sheet or rolled? That might be a clue in itself.

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 14:17:50 -0700, Mike M
wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:27:14 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Based on Robotoy's mention, I approached a client about using this, in
lieu of opaque glass, on two desk doors:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...JI_PAPER-10#4S

She "LOVED it!" picked out the "Shoji Warlon Sheet#5-Extra Strength" on
the above page, and I just ordered it this morning.

Never used the stuff before ... anyone with some experience have an idea
of how best to both cut, and mount, this material in place of glass in a
door?

My first thought is a carbide blade on the table saw?

(Rob, it's your damned fault!)

Maybe this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCzKhfaZehk

Dayum, when did YouTube start stuffing ads into all their videos?
Where the fark is the "Allow and block ads" tab where I'm supposed to
be able to turn some ads off? Damn you, Google!

--
Truth loves to go naked.
--Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 16:34:37 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Mike M wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:27:14 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Based on Robotoy's mention, I approached a client about using this, in
lieu of opaque glass, on two desk doors:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...JI_PAPER-10#4S

She "LOVED it!" picked out the "Shoji Warlon Sheet#5-Extra Strength" on
the above page, and I just ordered it this morning.

Never used the stuff before ... anyone with some experience have an idea
of how best to both cut, and mount, this material in place of glass in a
door?

My first thought is a carbide blade on the table saw?

(Rob, it's your damned fault!)

Maybe this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCzKhfaZehk

Mike M

Interesting .... Thanks!

Realized after posting you ordered a laminated version but hopefully
you can find more info there.

Mike M
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 14:38:54 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Contact the vendor. They must have some good info.

What a ****ing dickhead remark.

Having a bad day? That response seems a bit overdone for what he

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
Based on Robotoy's mention, I approached a client about using this, in
lieu of opaque glass, on two desk doors:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...JI_PAPER-10#4S

She "LOVED it!" picked out the "Shoji Warlon Sheet#5-Extra Strength"
on the above page, and I just ordered it this morning.

Never used the stuff before ... anyone with some experience have an
idea of how best to both cut, and mount, this material in place of
glass in a door?

My first thought is a carbide blade on the table saw?

I once made a tatami screen with rice paper (non-laminated). Just cut with
scissors or sharp knife and glued to frame. The cutter needs to be sharp
and the edge of paper clamped under something as the paper tends to tear.

Never seen what you have but I think sawing might be too aggressive. How
thick/rigid is it? Tried a knife & straight edge? As far as mounting goes
I'd think putting it in a rabbet and backing up the rabbet with a thin
molding would work if it is reasonably rigid; if not, same thing but staple
in.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

dadiOH wrote:

I once made a tatami screen with rice paper (non-laminated).

Shoji, not tatami.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 16:13:40 -0500, Swingman wrote:
It is my understanding that this particular item is in sheet form, not
rolls, is laminated on both sides with clear PVC, and is made to be used in
doors and windows ... at least that is what is stated in the first link
above.

Have you actually handled any? I was always under the impression that
rice paper was extremely delicate. Of course, this type of it might be
reinforced as Leon mentioned.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/7/2012 6:53 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 14:38:54 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Contact the vendor. They must have some good info.

What a ****ing dickhead remark.

Having a bad day? That response seems a bit overdone for what he
said :-).

Only when you leave off the condescending, self-appointed arbiter,
bull**** remark that preceded the above, as you apparently _purposely_ did.

IOW, trying to stir a little **** there, eh Bubba?

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/8/2012 7:48 AM, Dave wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 16:13:40 -0500, Swingman wrote:
It is my understanding that this particular item is in sheet form, not
rolls, is laminated on both sides with clear PVC, and is made to be used in
doors and windows ... at least that is what is stated in the first link
above.

Have you actually handled any? I was always under the impression that
rice paper was extremely delicate. Of course, this type of it might be
reinforced as Leon mentioned.

Actually, it is "reinforced" by being laminated on both sides, with pvc,
as the subject line/original post indicated from the beginning.

(seems like most did not scroll down to the actual product in question
before replying, apparently assuming everything on the linked page was
had the same properties)

Nope, never handled the stuff, again, as I indicated in the first post;
and I certainly expect it to be thin, probably very thin, but still in
"sheet" form.

Most interesting thing so far is Mike M.'s response ... if that is the
nature of the beast, even with both sides laminated, I believe I could
handle that process in the video, with some practice ... unfortunately
there won't be much material to practice with, thus my post asking if
anyone has had any experience with the stuff.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 08:22:27 -0500, Swingman wrote:
as the subject line/original post indicated from the beginning.

(seems like most did not scroll down to the actual product in question
before replying, apparently assuming everything on the linked page was
had the same properties)

Nope, never handled the stuff, again, as I indicated in the first post;

there won't be much material to practice with, thus my post asking if
anyone has had any experience with the stuff.

You really are in a lousy mood today, more so than normal. Pax

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/7/2012 4:07 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 14:38:54 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 7/7/2012 2:02 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Well, I'm going to give you your own advice back.

Contact the vendor. They must have some good info.

What a ****ing dickhead remark.

Here smartass, if you can get an answer out of them today, let me know
what they say:

800-636-3138

Plonking is much more satisfying than replies, Swingy.

Maybe for you but some of us, not
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/8/2012 9:44 AM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 08:22:27 -0500, Swingman wrote:
as the subject line/original post indicated from the beginning.

(seems like most did not scroll down to the actual product in question
before replying, apparently assuming everything on the linked page was
had the same properties)

Nope, never handled the stuff, again, as I indicated in the first post;

there won't be much material to practice with, thus my post asking if
anyone has had any experience with the stuff.

You really are in a lousy mood today, more so than normal. Pax

Only if you consider stating of the obvious as being in a lousy mood?

Seems like that points more to yours?

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/8/2012 7:38 AM, dadiOH wrote:

Never seen what you have but I think sawing might be too aggressive.

Exactly what I was hoping someone who may have had some experience with
the laminated product could provide.

How thick/rigid is it? Tried a knife & straight edge?

Don't have it yet. Asked the same question of the salesperson at their
800 number last week; also how to cut, and suggested method of fastening
(silicon, glue, acrylyic adhesive tape, etc), all the usual mounting
methods ... they did not have a clue but "will have someone call me back".

As far as mounting goes
I'd think putting it in a rabbet and backing up the rabbet with a thin
molding would work if it is reasonably rigid; if not, same thing but staple
in.

The doors are already made, with a 1/4" rabbet to mount either glass or
some other sheet material (which this supposedly is), complete with
muntin grille's:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...40773600367218

So, even if I have to cut a non laminated paper, as you mentioned in
your previous post, technique, or lack thereof, will be the deciding
factor ... just trying to get a jump on the process, so queried here also.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote:
[...]

LOL Don't feel bad, you are not the only one ... seems to be epidemic.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike M wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jul 2012 13:27:14 -0500, Swingman wrote:

Based on Robotoy's mention, I approached a client about using this, in
lieu of opaque glass, on two desk doors:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...JI_PAPER-10#4S

She "LOVED it!" picked out the "Shoji Warlon Sheet#5-Extra Strength" on
the above page, and I just ordered it this morning.

Never used the stuff before ... anyone with some experience have an idea
of how best to both cut, and mount, this material in place of glass in a
door?

My first thought is a carbide blade on the table saw?

(Rob, it's your damned fault!)

Maybe this will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCzKhfaZehk

Mike M

Interesting .... Thanks!

Realized after posting you ordered a laminated version but hopefully
you can find more info there.

LOL ... one of the few who did. I appreciate your post. Until I saw the
video I didn't have a clue how any of this Japanese paper was mounted.

Although this might not fall in the same category as in the video, I
won't know until I actually lay hands on it, so any information adds to
my options.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/7/2012 3:36 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
[...]

Yeah, whatever it is applied has to be opaque to do what the client
wants. I think the adhesive backed paper is what is made for mounting on
glass, not the laminated product which is what I ordered based on what
the client wanted.

Considering the bubbling/air pocket problems I've had with putting a
protective, adhesive backed screen on a smartphone, I hope like hell
that is NOT the only option!

But, I'll know when it gets here ... ITMT, it's been an illustrative
post, on many fronts, to say the least.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote:
[...]

;-)

When someone gives a link without a specific pointer (e.g. "third item down")
I generally just read the first.

My other excuse is that I wasn't seeing very well yesterday afternoon. A
migraine was coming on (I don't get pain just an aura and my reading ability
goes to hell) and I went and took a nap. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/8/2012 10:52 AM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 10:27:24 -0500, Swingman wrote:

" wrote:
[...]

Nah, chalk it up to being a poorly designed, confusing page to start
with. Too bad the web designer didn't see fit to have a link to a
separate page for each specific item, but no such luck. That's why I
attempted to provide a "pointer" with the name of the specific product,
in parentheses.

Sorry about the migraine ... mine apparently comes gratis with a BP
medication. The older you get the more you can't win for losing, but the
alternative is a bitch.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 08 Jul 2012 10:42:17 -0500, Swingman wrote:
Yeah, whatever it is applied has to be opaque to do what the client
wants. I think the adhesive backed paper is what is made for mounting on
glass, not the laminated product which is what I ordered based on what
the client wanted.

Well, if it is laminated and comes in sheet form, you might want to
consider a plastic cutting blade which if I remember correctly would
have a negative hook angle.

Perhaps a solid surface/laminate blade for Leon's TS55 or TS75 might
do the trick.
http://www.festoolusa.com/products/p...de-496309.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:
[...]

Even unlaminated rice paper should be good to go with that without any sort
of backing (other than the grill) if glued to both. In your case, I'm
thinking spray adhesive on the rabbet, ditto on grill.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Maybe just ready for a change? Check it out...
http://www.floridaloghouse.net

Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote:
[...]

It was a valiant attempt. ;-)

Sorry about the migraine ... mine apparently comes gratis with a BP
medication. The older you get the more you can't win for losing, but the
alternative is a bitch.

Mine started long before the BP medication. In fact I have no side effects
from the BP medication at all. I take Metoprololto regulate the heart rate
(A-Fib, five years back) and I can tell if I've missed it but the BP stuff I'm
taking does nothing adverse. I was on one that attacked my shoulder joints.
That was no fun. It didn't happen right away so it took me close to a year to
figure out what was causing the problem.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 8 Jul 2012 16:17:37 -0400, "dadiOH" wrote:

wrote:

My other excuse is that I wasn't seeing very well yesterday
afternoon. A migraine was coming on (I don't get pain just an aura
and my reading ability goes to hell) and I went and took a nap. ;-)

You too? Things start shimmering like heat waves on a desert? Scared the
hell out of me the first time I had one.

Around a blob or arc. The center is darkish. I can clearly see text there
but the brain can't decode it. Fortunately it rarely lasts more than a ten or
twenty minutes. Like I said, absolutely no pain, just this aura thing - both
eyes (unless it's out of the normal FOV of one), open or shut.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aura_%28symptom%29

There's a pretty good simulation of what I see in here, though it's not
usually this bad. I also don't have any other symptoms before or after. The
migraines seem to come in clusters, though, lasting a few days, maybe a week.
Then they'll go away for months.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/migraine-aura/MM00659/

It was scary the first time (20 years ago, or more) but it's now just another
ho-hum problem. It didn't take me long to figure out that it was a migraine,
rather than an eye problem, though. It's always the same in both eyes and it
doesn't matter if there is actually anything to see. I have mild RA, too,
which is far more debilitating and that isn't really bad (particularly since I
moved to the South ;-).

Yes, getting old is a bitch, but as Swingman noted, it sure beats the only
alternative.
Posted to rec.woodworking
EXT EXT is offline

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Swingman wrote:
[...]

Yeah, something similar to old wooden window screens, staple it to wood
frame into a rabbet and then cover the staples with a molding.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote in
:

http://tatamiroom.com/cgi-local/cata...SHOJI_PAPER-10

http://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Paper...Painting/dp/B0
02DOYGKG

Instead of luan, maybe a piece of glass? ;-)

It is my understanding that this particular item is in sheet form,
not rolls, is laminated on both sides with clear PVC, and is made to
be used in doors and windows ... at least that is what is stated in
the first link above.

Ah, I see it comes in a 3'x25' roll, 3'x6' laminated sheet, and
adhesive backed. I just saw the first item on the page.

Yep ... I'm hoping like hell it is something that can be cut to fit
and mounted, like a sheet plastic, otherwise a call to the Saturday
Night Samurai may be in order.

Ahhhh! Belushi at his best! My favorite was "Samurai Tailor".

Fitting laminated end trims to laminated worktop - how to cut/shape? Tiny Tim UK diy 6 March 9th 06 07:12 PM
Shoji lamp plans? Andrew Barss Woodworking 5 October 12th 05 06:22 PM
Shoji screen doors Demon Woodworking 1 May 2nd 05 10:25 PM
A question about making shoji screens or room dividers Dick Snyder Woodworking 17 March 24th 05 12:33 PM