Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OFF TOPIC!! Independence Day Screwups

In case you haven't heard, San Diego has taken fireworks shows to a whole
new level. They not only start the show five minutes early, but the shoot
off three barges of fireworks all at once! Very efficient. The whole show
was big, loud and over in fifteen seconds. (Sounds like some guys sex life.)
It was supposed to last 15 minutes. I wonder if somebody is going to get
paid. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuJHfkXEI-o

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/5/2012 9:41 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:
In case you haven't heard, San Diego has taken fireworks shows to a
whole new level. They not only start the show five minutes early, but
the shoot off three barges of fireworks all at once! Very efficient.
The whole show was big, loud and over in fifteen seconds. (Sounds like
some guys sex life.) It was supposed to last 15 minutes. I wonder if
somebody is going to get paid. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuJHfkXEI-o

**** happens ... hope no one on one of those barges were hurt, not that
any of the whiny jackasses complaining the loudest ever asked that question.

Hmmm ... isn't there a reality show called "pyro", or something like
that? Stay tuned for the next episode ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 5, 9:41*am, "Lee Michaels" leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast
dot net wrote:
In case you haven't heard, San Diego has taken fireworks shows to a whole
new level. *They not only start the show five minutes early, but the shoot
off three barges of fireworks all at once! *Very efficient. *The whole show
was big, loud and over in fifteen seconds. (Sounds like some guys sex life.)
It was supposed to last 15 minutes. * I wonder if somebody is going to get
paid. *LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuJHfkXEI-o

Sometimes the folks setting up the shows are fairly inexperienced.
There is a pretty successful fireworks exhibition company in the
Wichita area called Stellar Fireworks (formerly Austin I believe).
About 15 years ago they won some national competitions and began to
grow rapidly. A nephew of ours got a summer college job with them
that turned out to be a youngster's dream job. They spent hours
preparing individual charges and putting them on trucks. Much of the
display was choreographed to music via computers. Our nephew was an
IT guru so they noticed him quickly. Before long this 19-20 year old
kid was taking truck loads of fireworks all over the county setting up
displays. They never had a problem but it sure as hell made mom and
dad nervous.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 09:55:16 -0500, Swingman wrote:

On 7/5/2012 9:41 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:
In case you haven't heard, San Diego has taken fireworks shows to a
whole new level. They not only start the show five minutes early, but
the shoot off three barges of fireworks all at once! Very efficient.
The whole show was big, loud and over in fifteen seconds. (Sounds like
some guys sex life.) It was supposed to last 15 minutes. I wonder if
somebody is going to get paid. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuJHfkXEI-o

**** happens ... hope no one on one of those barges were hurt, not that
any of the whiny jackasses complaining the loudest ever asked that question.

A couple of the technicians at one of the shows here were injured when a
mortar shell didn't but the payload did. Neither of the injuries was
life-threatening but one was hospitalized. No, we were at a different show.

Hmmm ... isn't there a reality show called "pyro", or something like
that? Stay tuned for the next episode ...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:
In case you haven't heard, San Diego has taken fireworks shows to a whole
new level. They not only start the show five minutes early, but the shoot
off three barges of fireworks all at once! Very efficient. The whole show
was big, loud and over in fifteen seconds. (Sounds like some guys sex life.)
It was supposed to last 15 minutes. I wonder if somebody is going to get
paid. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuJHfkXEI-o

A few years back I lived in a small town. The amateur rocketeers set
up on the ball field behind the national guard armory. One rocked
sort of petered out about 20 ft off the ground and fell back on the
pile of un-fired rockets. A couple of guys started trying to kick it
off the unfired ones while everyone else headed for the hills.

It all ended ok with no serious injuries, but there were the makings
of a bad accident.

--
G.W. Ross

A Metaphor is like a Simile.

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

On 7/5/2012 9:41 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:
In case you haven't heard, San Diego has taken fireworks shows to a
whole new level. They not only start the show five minutes early, but
the shoot off three barges of fireworks all at once! Very efficient. The
whole show was big, loud and over in fifteen seconds....

Well, I was just thankful to get through the night w/o some doofus
lighting off the county and burning us out. Stayed up 'til about one
keeping an eye out...

_Only_ three fires near enough to be worrisome yesterday afternoon;
that's a pretty good year. W/ 100F, 20% RH and winds to 30+, it's a
bugger if the grass gets lit off.

One just west two weekends ago covered 2-1/2 miles in under 30 minutes;
fortunately wind was in _just_ the right direction it missed the nearest
farmstead by about 100 yds but did take out a guy's windbreak where are
intending to build and managed to get it headed a half-mile south of the
next farm to the north. We're still not sure what kept kept the embers
from getting into that still-standing wheat but got lucky...

We'll just have to see what happens tonight and then over the weekend...
Out here unfortunately it's gotten where 5 May and 25 Dec are as
worrisome as 4 July.