Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The creek is drowning you guys.

Wow Woodpeckers announced a Fibonacci gauge and not one of you mentioned it.

But all the bitching about the creekkkkkkkkkkkkk .....

Posted to rec.woodworking

tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote in
:

Wow Woodpeckers announced a Fibonacci gauge and not one of
you mentioned it.

But all the bitching about the creekkkkkkkkkkkkk .....

I saw that but I don't have a clue how it would be used. Wanting
to figure out a use for it and can't. If I wanted to follow the
"golden ratio" rule wouldn't it be pretty easy to multiply by
1.6, mark it and cut?

I'd be interested in knowing what use you thing it would be...

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/30/2012 6:16 PM, Larry wrote:
tiredofspamnospam.nospam.com wrote in
:

Wow Woodpeckers announced a Fibonacci gauge and not one of
you mentioned it.

But all the bitching about the creekkkkkkkkkkkkk .....

I saw that but I don't have a clue how it would be used. Wanting
to figure out a use for it and can't. If I wanted to follow the
"golden ratio" rule wouldn't it be pretty easy to multiply by
1.6, mark it and cut?

I'd be interested in knowing what use you thing it would be...

Larry

Like using a calculator to add 2+3. '~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Nothing, I was wondering why everything was off topic and nothing on
topic...

The only thing I saw on topic was how thing can a floor board be.
Someone released a new tool and nothing... nada...

I just thought I bring you back to bitching about tools woodworking
tools. :-)

On 5/30/2012 7:16 PM, Larry wrote:
tiredofspamnospam.nospam.com wrote in
:

Wow Woodpeckers announced a Fibonacci gauge and not one of
you mentioned it.

But all the bitching about the creekkkkkkkkkkkkk .....

I saw that but I don't have a clue how it would be used. Wanting
to figure out a use for it and can't. If I wanted to follow the
"golden ratio" rule wouldn't it be pretty easy to multiply by
1.6, mark it and cut?

I'd be interested in knowing what use you thing it would be...

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message
Nothing, I was wondering why everything was off topic and nothing on
topic...

The only thing I saw on topic was how thing can a floor board be.
Someone released a new tool and nothing... nada...

I just thought I bring you back to bitching about tools woodworking
tools. :-)

Maybe the problem is that many of us have been here for so long we have
pretty much run out of our own woodworking questions and the web-based
discussion sites have pulled in the bulk of the "new blood" ?? The big
commercial sites, like FWW and PWW, have surely attracted people who would
never find the newsgroups.... and the many ISPs that have dropped the
newsgroups have limited the pool of new blood. We old school guys are going
the way of the dinosaurs? Do we need to evolve? ;~) How?????
Rec.Woodworking t-shirts that have instructions on setting up news
readers??? ;~)

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 31, 10:15*am, "John Grossbohlin"
wrote:
[...]

I suspect at least some of them spend more time at a keyboard that in
the shop.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
"tiredofspam" nospam.nospam.com wrote in message

.. .

[...]

And look what I am doing now. See ya - heading for the shop!

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

RonB wrote:

I suspect at least some of them spend more time at a keyboard that in
the shop.

RonB

Well, that's part of the point. Left to other forces, many of us might
lead less-balanced lives. The expectation, for instance, that there are
folks here waiting to see me finish my workbench is helpful!

From my point of view, whatever time I can get in the shop is a good
thing. That includes, shimming a door, finishing my drywall, priming and
painting, installing wiring and EMT and light fixtures, as well as
thinking about and doing woodworking projects (albeit small ones).

It's a fair bet I wouldn't be having anywhere near so much "fun" without
this group! Every new thing I learn to do earns me a unit of "fun".

This week I learned I can't cut a 2by4 with a CS and a speed square
nicely, unless I clamp it down. I guess I need 2 hands on the saw or the
saw wanders away, especially towards the end of the cut. I tried 3x in
a row, and the board just got shorter and shorter and shorter. If
anyone has a suggestion for this, I'd be interested (as the clamping
approach is not as fast). Maybe if I saw everyday I'll "hulk-up" a bit.

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/30/2012 4:23 PM, tiredofspam wrote:
Wow Woodpeckers announced a Fibonacci gauge and not one of you mentioned
it.

But all the bitching about the creekkkkkkkkkkkkk .....

It seems Woodpeckers might be trying to come up with too many single
production tools.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 30, 4:23*pm, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:
Wow Woodpeckers announced a Fibonacci gauge and not one of you mentioned it.

But all the bitching about the creekkkkkkkkkkkkk .....

Awwww -- Don't worry about the creek. I have been shot a couple of
times for commenting on the increasing level of OT and non-labeled OT
content. But so far rec.woodworking is still halfway clean in that
respect. The "Creek" string gives the guys who are more worried about
politics, Oldsmobile, gas prices, screwed up California laws and
whatever else that post has degenerated into; than actual woodworking,
a single spot on which to focus. Just imagine if 800+ posts as silly
as those had been sprinkled across the entire group. Some groups have
done that and have become useless.

I hope it doesn't happen here. But after lurking here for 10-15 years
there does seem to be a trend.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/31/2012 7:55 AM, RonB wrote:

I hope it doesn't happen here. But after lurking here for 10-15 years
there does seem to be a trend.

I've been here the same length of time and I notice nothing different in
that respect. There's always been the BAD's, the various Bennett Wars,
the "man in the doorway", the Joe W. Woodpecker's, ad infinitum.

Nothing has changed but some of the names ...

I do miss Apeman ... and all those naked pictures he used to email you
of his "wife"/"girlfriend"/"whatever".

Remember the guy who gave everyone on the wReck who wanted one, a
website on his server?

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010