Posted to rec.woodworking

Default what is it?

I have some Wetzler clamps that I got from my dad.

What are the little anvil like things on top?
Wetzler's web site doesn't mention them.

See: http://imgur.com/L6mEg
and http://imgur.com/6QCiY

Posted to rec.woodworking

[This followup was posted to rec.woodworking and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article , tiredofspam
says...

I have some Wetzler clamps that I got from my dad.

What are the little anvil like things on top?
Wetzler's web site doesn't mention them.

See: http://imgur.com/L6mEg
and http://imgur.com/6QCiY

Part of a hanger system for storing the clamps.

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 18 May 2012 17:10:59 -0400, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com
wrote:

I have some Wetzler clamps that I got from my dad.

What are the little anvil like things on top?
Wetzler's web site doesn't mention them.

See: http://imgur.com/L6mEg
and http://imgur.com/6QCiY

Maybe a knob so they will stand flat on the floor.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 18 May 2012 18:15:20 -0700, Michael Karas
wrote:

[This followup was posted to rec.woodworking and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article , tiredofspam
says...

I have some Wetzler clamps that I got from my dad.

What are the little anvil like things on top?
Wetzler's web site doesn't mention them.

See: http://imgur.com/L6mEg
and http://imgur.com/6QCiY

Part of a hanger system for storing the clamps.

That's one guess.

My guess is that the little anvil is built up so that when you stand
the clamp on its end, it stays vertical. It's a stabilizer foot.

--
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable
one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore,