Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - Off topic posts both labeled and un-labeled

I know I will take a load of crap for this but there are more labeled
and especially un-labeled off-topic posts here than I can recall over
10 or more years of hanging here. I have even re-named a few to OT
only to have them changed back.

Guys and gals - it is only a matter of time before we look like this:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.o...topics?lnk=srg
Posted to rec.woodworking

RonB wrote in news:18b6a807-c2fd-45fe-9304-9ceb89fe73a7
@w24g2000vby.googlegroups.com:

I know I will take a load of crap for this but there are more labeled
and especially un-labeled off-topic posts here than I can recall over
10 or more years of hanging here. I have even re-named a few to OT
only to have them changed back.

Guys and gals - it is only a matter of time before we look like this:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.o...topics?lnk=srg

You are part of the problem. By replying to, or reposting, the garbage you help to
perpetuate it.

Fortunately, the solution to both the garbage, and to you, is the same: drop all posts
originating from googlegroups.com.

Don't bother replying; I won't see it, as that filter goes into effect on my client immediately.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/17/2012 8:15 AM, RonB wrote:
I know I will take a load of crap for this but there are more labeled
and especially un-labeled off-topic posts here than I can recall over
10 or more years of hanging here. I have even re-named a few to OT
only to have them changed back.

Merely a sign of the times.

Your observation coincides precisely with the advent of Google, which
insures there are now many more instant woodworking "experts" these
days, so not nearly as much woodworking advice that needs discussion?

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote
Your observation coincides precisely with the advent of Google, which
insures there are now many more instant woodworking "experts" these
days, so not nearly as much woodworking advice that needs discussion?

Instant woodworking "experts", eh? Sounds like a cake mix.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/17/2012 10:06 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Swingman" wrote
Your observation coincides precisely with the advent of Google, which
insures there are now many more instant woodworking "experts" these
days, so not nearly as much woodworking advice that needs discussion?

Instant woodworking "experts", eh? Sounds like a cake mix.

Shake and bake ...

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Off topic posts both labeled and un-labeled

On 5/17/2012 8:15 AM, RonB wrote:
I know I will take a load of crap for this but there are more labeled
and especially un-labeled off-topic posts here than I can recall over
10 or more years of hanging here. I have even re-named a few to OT
only to have them changed back.

Guys and gals - it is only a matter of time before we look like this:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.o...topics?lnk=srg

who died and left you in charge?

--
Steve Barker