Bill Thomas

Default Plan needed for Jewel Box with hidden key and keyhole

Greetings,

I have searched for and not found the plans for a Jewel Box
with a hidden keyhole and a small compartment in the base
to hide the key. I have seen this box several times, at least
once as an example for what the plans show how to build.
Woodcraft had the plans for sell at one time but now I can
not find them at the Woodcraft site.

If anyone knows where I can find these plans, please post
a reply or email me.

Thank you,
Bill Thomas
Kurt

Bill Thomas wrote in news:4VfLc.6165$2o1.383
@news.cpqcorp.net:

I have searched for and not found the plans for a Jewel Box
with a hidden keyhole and a small compartment in the base
to hide the key. I have seen this box several times, at least
once as an example for what the plans show how to build.
Woodcraft had the plans for sell at one time but now I can
not find them at the Woodcraft site.

While I don't have plans handy...

I recall one in a book called "Puzzles in Wood" (which I have
somewhere in storage). Here's a link to a picture and blurb of it.
http://www.johnrausch.com/PuzzleWorl...eyhole_box.htm

Here, they use the false books to hide as well as guide the one
opening the box. I know Japanese boxes also use complicated
inlays to hide the edges between two sections that slide against
each other. (Some beautiful work... hope I can do as well one
day.)

Sorry its not plans, but that book is supposed to be more
descriptive. Hope this helps.

Kurt
Bill Thomas

Greetings,

The URL shows the box. It links to a book on Amazon,
which sells used for $147 (eep!).
I did find the same title and author for $9.99 at
http://shop.wooodcraft.com Product Number 10Q21 .

I would still like to get a set of the plans
themselves.

Sincerely,
Bill Thomas

Kurt wrote:
[...]

charlie b

Bill Thomas wrote:

Greetings,

I have searched for and not found the plans for a Jewel Box
with a hidden keyhole and a small compartment in the base
to hide the key. I have seen this box several times, at least
once as an example for what the plans show how to build.
Woodcraft had the plans for sell at one time but now I can
not find them at the Woodcraft site.

If anyone knows where I can find these plans, please post
a reply or email me.

Thank you,
Bill Thomas

Hidden locks? Thnk "Cow Magnets!".

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/.../ChasCab3.html

No lock mechanism to mortise in, no exterior sliding/
rotating parts and any magnet can be used as the "key"
so no key to lose. You can put a magnet on the inside
of the bottom of the box to hold the magnet key to the
underside of the bottom. Lots of possibilities.

(now if I can figure out how to utilize smoke and
mirrors I'd have the makings of a book : ))

charlie b
Kurt

Bill Thomas wrote in news:vJxLc.6224$Py2.1701
@news.cpqcorp.net:

Greetings,

The URL shows the box. It links to a book on Amazon,
which sells used for $147 (eep!).
I did find the same title and author for $9.99 at
http://shop.wooodcraft.com Product Number 10Q21 .

I would still like to get a set of the plans
themselves.

$147? Sheesh... the thing is more of a pamphlet than a book.
Whoever finally pays that price will be all that P.T. Barnum
hoped for. Maybe for an original... nope, they want $259 for
that. shake

Ah well... good luck.

Kurt

Bill Thomas

Greetings,

I like this idea and will probably use it, but not for this
project. Thanks for posting it.

Sincerely,
Bill Thomas