Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Thank you all

I posted a couple of months ago about bandsaw issues. The tips and books
recommended here helped greatly. Tonight, I ran the saw for almost 3
hours cutting material for scenery for my children's school.

Without the help of the people here it would not have been possible. The
saw cut wood like it was a stick of butter.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 19, 6:12*pm, Doug Houseman wrote:
I posted a couple of months ago about bandsaw issues. The tips and books
recommended here helped greatly. Tonight, I ran the saw for almost 3
hours cutting material for scenery for my children's school.

Without the help of the people here it would not have been possible. The
saw cut wood like it was a stick of butter.

Congrats.

I must (shamefully) admit, my bandsaw took a bite out of my finger
tonight. I really do try to be careful. I have lots of good methods
for feeding wood safely on all my machines. I was changing the blade
to a wide resaw. It was tracking right and was singing on some part of
the guide post. I reached in like an idiot to try and tweak the sheet
metal while she was in full spin and nick my finger.

I need to remember to be afraid whenever that motor is running not
just while I am pushing wood through the blade.

A band-aid and all good now but could have been a lot worse.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Glad it wasn't a table saw (without a Saw-stop...LOL) and minor.
Good lesson to slow down and think sometimes. Hope it works for you.

We can be dangerous.

--------

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
I must (shamefully) admit, my bandsaw took a bite out of my finger
tonight. I really do try to be careful. I have lots of good methods
for feeding wood safely on all my machines. I was changing the blade
to a wide resaw. It was tracking right and was singing on some part of
the guide post. I reached in like an idiot to try and tweak the sheet
metal while she was in full spin and nick my finger.

I need to remember to be afraid whenever that motor is running not
just while I am pushing wood through the blade.

A band-aid and all good now but could have been a lot worse.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 20, 9:46*am, "Josepi" wrote:
Glad it wasn't a table saw (without a Saw-stop...LOL) and minor.

I have a Saw Stop. I guess I need a band-saw stop.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Yeah. That will be coming next if they get their way about it.
Need an extra finger for a second chance before it matters.