Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Joint-Semi Gloat

Well guys, I pulled the trigger and grabbed the 12"SCMI jointer. Only had
time to get it unloaded, set on a new mobile base and cleaned it up
somewhat. Hopefully I will be firing it up on Monday after checking the beds
out and run a couple pieces of red oak that I was saving for this moment
(10-12").

I will prob use it as is until I need to resharpen the blades (well, maybe a
bit longer, got a second set of blades just back from the shop), but still
plan on changing cutterheads to a Byrd (when finances agree). I doubt that I
could have gotten a better deal on another machine as I have been looking
for a year going back and forth between used and new. Just couldn't justify
2500.00+ on a machine that will have limited use. At 950.00, I was able to
justify but I might have to give up a Jet shaper that I have not turned on
in a year...

Will post some pics next week as I start working on it

SteveA

Semi-gloat HeyBub[_3_] Woodworking 57 June 4th 11 06:32 PM
Semi Gloat Tina Woodworking 15 July 3rd 06 08:29 PM
Semi-gloat (red oak) Kiwanda Woodworking 3 May 22nd 06 05:48 PM
Semi Gloat Ian Dodd Woodworking 2 September 13th 04 05:58 PM