Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cart is done

The kitchen cart is done. Top is alternate walnut and maple. Legs and
drawer fronts are maple with walnut face frame. Shelves are baltic
birch ply. Finish is 5 coats of satin poly diluted 50% with mineral
spirits. Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73535978@N04/

Thanks to all for the periodic advice.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/4/2012 11:25 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:
The kitchen cart is done. Top is alternate walnut and maple. Legs and
drawer fronts are maple with walnut face frame. Shelves are baltic birch
ply. Finish is 5 coats of satin poly diluted 50% with mineral spirits.
Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73535978@N04/

Thanks to all for the periodic advice.

Beautifully done!

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 1/4/12 12:39 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/4/2012 11:25 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:
The kitchen cart is done. Top is alternate walnut and maple. Legs and
drawer fronts are maple with walnut face frame. Shelves are baltic birch
ply. Finish is 5 coats of satin poly diluted 50% with mineral spirits.
Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73535978@N04/

Thanks to all for the periodic advice.

Beautifully done!

I agree.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 4, 9:25*am, Gramp's shop wrote:
The kitchen cart is done. *Top is alternate walnut and maple. *Legs and
drawer fronts are maple with walnut face frame. *Shelves are baltic
birch ply. *Finish is 5 coats of satin poly diluted 50% with mineral
spirits. *Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73535978@N04/

Thanks to all for the periodic advice.

I always shy away from mixing woods but I must say this is a really
nice balance of color. Well done.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

-MIKE- wrote in
:

On 1/4/12 12:39 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/4/2012 11:25 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:
The kitchen cart is done. Top is alternate walnut and maple. Legs
and drawer fronts are maple with walnut face frame. Shelves are
baltic birch ply. Finish is 5 coats of satin poly diluted 50% with
mineral spirits. Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73535978@N04/

Thanks to all for the periodic advice.

Beautifully done!

I agree.

Indeed!!

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nice job.

On Jan 4, 9:25 am, Gramp's wrote:
The kitchen cart is done. Top is alternate walnut and maple. Legs and
drawer fronts are maple with walnut face frame. Shelves are baltic
birch ply. Finish is 5 coats of satin poly diluted 50% with mineral
spirits. Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73535978@N04/

Thanks to all for the periodic advice.

I always shy away from mixing woods but I must say this is a really
nice balance of color. Well done.

Too bad, I love contrasting wood. Coloring with wood is awesome.
My wife is in your camp, but tastefully done it works and can be very
attractive.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gramp's shop" wrote in message
The kitchen cart is done. Top is alternate walnut and maple. Legs and
drawer fronts are maple with walnut face frame. Shelves are baltic birch
ply. Finish is 5 coats of satin poly diluted 50% with mineral spirits.
Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73535978@N04/

Thanks to all for the periodic advice.

Larry

That is a really nice blend with the cabinets and floor. I gotta be
careful. If SWMBO sees this, she's going to want one.

Steve

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 12:39:55 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 1/4/2012 11:25 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:
The kitchen cart is done. Top is alternate walnut and maple. Legs and
drawer fronts are maple with walnut face frame. Shelves are baltic birch
ply. Finish is 5 coats of satin poly diluted 50% with mineral spirits.
Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73535978@N04/

Thanks to all for the periodic advice.

Beautifully done!

Yes, very nice.

--
It takes as much energy to wish as to plan.
--Eleanor Roosevelt
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 11:25:23 -0600, Gramp's shop
wrote:

The kitchen cart is done. Top is alternate walnut and maple. Legs and
drawer fronts are maple with walnut face frame. Shelves are baltic
birch ply. Finish is 5 coats of satin poly diluted 50% with mineral
spirits. Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73535978@N04/

Thanks to all for the periodic advice.

Larry

Very nicely done. Looks like a sensible deign too. Of course, until
you have us all over for lunch we won't know how well it really works.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Gramp's shop wrote:
The kitchen cart is done. Top is alternate walnut and maple. Legs
and drawer fronts are maple with walnut face frame. Shelves are
baltic birch ply. Finish is 5 coats of satin poly diluted 50% with
mineral spirits. Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73535978@N04/

Thanks to all for the periodic advice.

Larry

Looking *GOOD*!

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 4, 4:44*pm, tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com wrote:
Nice job.

On Jan 4, 9:25 am, Gramp's *wrote:
The kitchen cart is done. *Top is alternate walnut and maple. *Legs and
drawer fronts are maple with walnut face frame. *Shelves are baltic
birch ply. *Finish is 5 coats of satin poly diluted 50% with mineral
spirits. *Here's a pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73535978@N04/

Thanks to all for the periodic advice.

I always shy away from mixing woods but I must say this is a really
nice balance of color. Well done.

Too bad, I love contrasting wood. Coloring with wood is awesome.
My wife is in your camp, but tastefully done it works and can be very
attractive.

Yes, but rarely done tastefully IMNSHO

go cart Elizazhan Woodworking 0 April 21st 08 01:35 AM
CART J T Woodworking 0 September 30th 05 11:02 PM
TAKE-DOWN GUN CART J T Woodworking 3 September 5th 05 05:13 PM
TEA CART MR. MEL Woodworking 5 May 31st 05 01:50 AM
GO CART J T Woodworking 1 January 17th 05 11:18 AM