Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT - more on Americans Elect 3rd party

I went to their website. Aside from my prior objection that a
presidential candidate is not the way to go, it seems to be attracting a
fair share of the kook population. A quick glance at the questions asked
by "delegates" gives:

"How do you intend to verify that you are a "natural born citizen"?"

"Will you declassify all documents from Area 51 within your first 100
days?

"As a means to solve the unemployment problem, would you precipitate
another world war, much as Roosevelt did when he placed an embargo on
Japan?"

You get the idea. Yes, there are quite a few sensible questions as
well. But as you have to become a "delegate" to ask a question, their
count of supporters is inflated by those who just want a place to hang
their tinfoil hat.

Ah well.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"How do you intend to verify that you are a "natural born citizen"?"

A. First, I'll have to consult with my attorney, then my mother. Can
I get back to you, on that?

"Will you declassify all documents from Area 51 within your first 100
days?

A. What's Area 51? Regarding 100 days, is this time-table to include
weekend days?

"As a means to solve the unemployment problem, would you precipitate
another world war, much as Roosevelt did when he placed an embargo on
Japan?"

A. On days with precipitation, we won't anticipate engaging in or
waging war. Furthermore, unemployment offices aren't open on
weekends, so we may not know, for sure, what the empoyment status of
the unemployed may be, and especially on days with precipitation.

You get the idea. *Yes, there are quite a few sensible questions as
well. * Intelligence is an experiment that failed - G. B. Shaw

I wouldn't be adverse for any president, or any presidential candidate
to express consideration, to giving a pardon, postumously, to Bobby
Fisher. Asking this of a president or presidential candidate might
give some indication of what may be his/her general mindset, in some
capacity, as opposed to the mindset one may reveal when they pardon
real criminals and such.

Sonny
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/30/2011 9:53 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
I went to their website. Aside from my prior objection that a
presidential candidate is not the way to go, it seems to be attracting a
fair share of the kook population. A quick glance at the questions asked
by "delegates" gives:

"How do you intend to verify that you are a "natural born citizen"?"

"Will you declassify all documents from Area 51 within your first 100
days?

"As a means to solve the unemployment problem, would you precipitate
another world war, much as Roosevelt did when he placed an embargo on
Japan?"

You get the idea. Yes, there are quite a few sensible questions as
well. But as you have to become a "delegate" to ask a question, their
count of supporters is inflated by those who just want a place to hang
their tinfoil hat.

Ah well.

well the first question you quoted here is certainly a legit one. It
was never answered (and can't be) with the current admin.

--
Steve Barker
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/30/2011 6:54 PM, Steve Barker wrote:
[...]

Like I said... only kooks still question it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/30/2011 7:16 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
[...]

oh there's no question. And thanks for name calling.

--
Steve Barker

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 22:16:04 -0500, Doug Miller wrote:

well the first question you quoted here is certainly a legit one. It
was never answered (and can't be) with the current admin.

Like I said... only kooks still question it.

I was going to make the same comment Doug, but figured it was a waste of
time :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 21:17:32 +0000, Stuart wrote:

Well let's face it.

Unless you are pure bred native Red Indian you're all immigrants g

Not only that - we're all African-Americans - even the Indians :-).

My current wallpaper is a reconstruction from a skull of Australopithecus
sediba - just to remind me. I call him Uncle Sed :-).

http://www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=3756704

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 21:17:32 +0000, Stuart wrote:

Well let's face it.

Unless you are pure bred native Red Indian you're all immigrants g

Not only that - we're all African-Americans - even the Indians :-).

My current wallpaper is a reconstruction from a skull of
Australopithecus sediba - just to remind me. I call him Uncle Sed
:-).

http://www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id=3756704

Quick trick quiz:

About what percentage of the population of London is African-American? (see
below)
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
Probably less than 1/100th of 1 percent. Blacks in the UK would more
properly be called African-Anglos. Of course most Britishers simply call
them "colored."

Posted to rec.woodworking

Stuart wrote:
In article ,
Steve Barker wrote:

well the first question you quoted here is certainly a legit one. It
was never answered (and can't be) with the current admin.

Well let's face it.

Unless you are pure bred native Red Indian you're all immigrants g

Red Indian? Fool...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Stuart wrote the following:
In article ,
Steve Barker wrote:

well the first question you quoted here is certainly a legit one. It
was never answered (and can't be) with the current admin.

Well let's face it.

Unless you are pure bred native Red Indian you're all immigrants g

That would be Native American.
Even they are immigrants from Asia.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to rec.woodworking

"willshak" wrote in message

Stuart wrote the following:
In article ,
Steve Barker wrote:

well the first question you quoted here is certainly a legit one. It was
never answered (and can't be) with the current admin.

Well let's face it.

Unless you are pure bred native Red Indian you're all immigrants g

That would be Native American.
Even they are immigrants from Asia.
According to the inhabitants of the reservation just up the road, it's
American Indian. Native American was invented by the (attempting to be)
politically correct white man.