Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT, Life in the twilight zone

Life takes some unexpected ugly twist sometimes.

Dad has been in ICU for 9 weeks with little hope of a
good outcome, going from slightly better to bad and worse from
day to day.

Sister in law passed away 4 weeks ago from renal failure.

More importantly still, my wife suffered a stroke in her sleep
Saturday night a week ago, with having never regained awareness, she
passed away and was buried
this morning.

We had a great marriage and life together, not only married but true best
friends, lovers and partners in our business and life, but she was only
49.
Never leave anything unsaid between you and your love ones, you may not
have tomorrow. It is not just other people that this happens to.

Of course her brother was the same brother in law that just lost his wife.

Me and my wife were primary caretakers of her 92 year old dad, who is also
presently in the hospital, the duty to tell him of her demise fell to me,
and through moral obligation a lot of his future well being and care.

As I have mentioned in the past, we raised Pembroke Welsh Corgis, I no
longer have the will or time to do this by my self, so "Murphy Kennels"
will be closing shop as soon as I can place the dogs.

Life just plain sucks sometimes, but my beliefs and trust in God,
have sustained me, I can't imagine how people with no faith can withstand
such trials of life.

My plans at this stage (which change minute by minute) are to simplify
my life and concentrate on woodworking which has always been balm for
a sore soul.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 2, 10:25*pm, basilisk wrote:

Life just plain sucks sometimes, but my beliefs and trust in God,
have sustained me, I can't imagine how people with no faith can withstand
such trials of life.

I don't know myself.

At this time, and for the last 3 - 4 years, I have more (and have had
more) negative things going on than ever in my life. I am in
situations that I could never have imagined, ever.

Nothing compared to your challenges, though. It is hard to imagine
how so much can get put on one person. You have my true sympathy and
hopes that things will improve for you.

Keep the faith.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

"basilisk" wrote:

Life takes some unexpected ugly twist sometimes.

snip
---------------------------------------
My mother often told me, "Regardless of the burdens we are asked to
bear, we are also given the means to bear them".

Hang in there.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

basilisk wrote:

[...]

My deepest condolances.

As the others have said, keep in close contact with Father.

A Line from one of my favorite movies says, "Its to those who are the
strongest that God gives the greatest challenges."

Deb

Posted to rec.woodworking

My condolences to you, as well.

When one door closes, another will open. I was "lost" when I had my
stroke in 2002 and, again, after a heart attack in 2004. I just
returned home, 4 days ago, from another heart attack on the 14th of
last month. The little things of life will sustain you. Think
positive. Good memories are the best medicine.

Sonny
*I'm recovering pretty well, too.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

basilisk wrote in news:3xhCq.123812$xz3.77811@en-
nntp-11.dc1.easynews.com:

Life takes some unexpected ugly twist sometimes.

My heartfelt condolences also. I can't envision the troubles you have now,
but as others have said, keep in touch and try to bear the burdens. My
thoughts will be with you ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/2/2011 10:25 PM, basilisk wrote:
Life takes some unexpected ugly twist sometimes.

More importantly still, my wife suffered a stroke in her sleep
Saturday night a week ago, with having never regained awareness, she
passed away and was buried
this morning.

basilisk

Our family's heartfelt condolences for your recent losses. The hopes and
dreams you both are still alive through you, and our prayers are for
your continuing strength.

--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/2/11 10:25 PM, basilisk wrote:
[...]

I'm very sorry for your loss. I pray that your memories of her will be
of great comfort to you and that the Lord will give you strength to care
for your father-in-law. Rick Warren once said, in speaking about facing
a great loss,
"In times of tragedy, we can either turn towards God or away from Him."
It appears as though you are turning towards Him.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Dec 2, 10:25Â*pm, basilisk wrote:

Life just plain sucks sometimes, but my beliefs and trust in God, have
sustained me, I can't imagine how people with no faith can withstand
such trials of life.

I don't know myself.

At this time, and for the last 3 - 4 years, I have more (and have had
more) negative things going on than ever in my life. I am in situations
that I could never have imagined, ever.

Nothing compared to your challenges, though. It is hard to imagine how
so much can get put on one person. You have my true sympathy and hopes
that things will improve for you.

Keep the faith.

Robert

My mother is relatively healthy, she is devastated be all the things
going on with my dad and the passing of my wife. I have tried to not
burden her anymore than she already is, I don't think I could face
anything happening to her.

My dad doesn't know and I have no plans of telling him, if he should
recover, there will be a time for that.

Robert, for whatever reason, I was unable to get back with you by email, I
would very much like to donate to your work with wounded warriors on my
wifes behalf, it is something we discussed before she passed. Send me an
address, either here or at "bill (at) welshpembrokecorgis (dot) com"

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 22:33:46 -0800, Lew Hodgett wrote:

"basilisk" wrote:

Life takes some unexpected ugly twist sometimes.

snip
--------------------------------------- My mother often told me,
"Regardless of the burdens we are asked to bear, we are also given the
means to bear them".

Hang in there.

Lew

I think your mother was correct.

My wife was well known and loved by all, she had worked with Gulf States
paper Corp for 15 years in a capacity that took her to plants all over the
eastern half of the US, rode in three day eventing from Chicago to Naples
FL., and currently was a high school teacher, there were hundreds of
students in attendance at the wake and funeral, I found myself in the
strange position of comforting the students and worrying more about them
than myself in turn it has helped me more than they will ever know.

The high school has scheduled a memorial for Tuesday afternoon and
requested that I be there, I may ask to say a few words and tell the kids
what they have meant to me and the legacy she left behind in them.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 07:26:23 -0800, Sonny wrote:

My condolences to you, as well.

When one door closes, another will open. I was "lost" when I had my
stroke in 2002 and, again, after a heart attack in 2004. I just
returned home, 4 days ago, from another heart attack on the 14th of last
month. The little things of life will sustain you. Think positive.
Good memories are the best medicine.

Sonny
*I'm recovering pretty well, too.

Thanks, I'll keep you in my prayers and hope you make a full recovery.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:24:04 -0600, Swingman wrote:

On 12/2/2011 10:25 PM, basilisk wrote:
Life takes some unexpected ugly twist sometimes.

More importantly still, my wife suffered a stroke in her sleep Saturday
night a week ago, with having never regained awareness, she passed away
and was buried
this morning.

basilisk

Our family's heartfelt condolences for your recent losses. The hopes and
dreams you both are still alive through you, and our prayers are for
your continuing strength.

Thanks, My wife was active in donating to missions for one place or
another and I am trying to contact them and find what she had in the works
for who and hope to fulfill all the obligations and promises she had made
before her death.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 03 Dec 2011 11:24:14 -0600, -MIKE- wrote:

[...]

In the last few days, I have spent a lot of time reading Job...

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Sorry to hear of your losses but your wife must have a very special
person to have delivered what you needed to learn and know in your life
in such a short period of time.