Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Power cord clips

When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Puckdropper" wrote:

When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and
temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that
exist?

---------------------------------
Duct Tape.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 01 Dec 2011 06:42:28 GMT, Puckdropper
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?
A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

A few suggestions. These should keep you busy for awhile.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43456,43460
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43456,43460
http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/p...19,33283,45293
http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/p...=2,43319,33283

Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper wrote:
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and
temporarily clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything
like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

Puckdropper

pipe cleaner?

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/1/2011 1:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

Puckdropper

Velcro ties. They are strips maybe 6" long with the "hooks" on one side
and the "loops" on the other. Convenient for many things.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote in
:

On 01 Dec 2011 06:42:28 GMT, Puckdropper
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and
temporarily clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything
like that exist? A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for
temporary use.

A few suggestions. These should keep you busy for awhile.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43456,43460
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43456,43460
http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/p...=2,43319,33283,
45293
http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/p...=2,43319,33283

Good suggestions, and they led me to think about those white plastic
cable twists. I guess a brand name is Kurly Lock, but I'm not sure what
the generic name is. Zip tie one of those to the hose, then drop the
cord in there and give it half a turn.

I'll have to see if I can find a reasonable quantity somewhere for a
reasonable price. (Some company is selling 1000 packs on Amazon, I only
need 2 or 3.)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/1/2011 7:06 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 12/1/2011 1:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and
temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

Puckdropper

Velcro ties. They are strips maybe 6" long with the "hooks" on one side
and the "loops" on the other. Convenient for many things.

These, for instance:

http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Reusabl.../dp/B001E1Y5O6
Posted to rec.woodworking

puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

If a twist tie is too difficult, yer****outtaluck,yalazyarse.

Also taking roughly 1 second to install (and of equal difficulty to
twist ties) is double-sided velcro. http://goo.gl/ahjA3

Or talk to a vacuum repairman. Some cannister vacuums have those clips
specially made to hold the cord to the tube on their upright sweeper
wands. Expect to pay five bucks apiece for 'em, though, if your hose
size is the same.

(I can just see Pucky comparing his hose to the vacuum repairman's.)

--
Intuition isn't the enemy, but the ally, of reason.
-- John Kord Lagemann
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/1/2011 12:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

I have found - at Frye's Electronics and elsewhere - rolls of 1/2" and
3/4" Velco-like material. Cut off what you want and wrap the two
together. When done, pull it off and no sticky residue, etc.

The actual Velco material in the same form has the true hook on one side
and fuzzies on the other and holds tight like you wouldn't believe.
Wound up buying it to keep lengths of heavy duty (10/4 power cord)neat
and tidy. Works like a charm
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 09:33:15 -0500, Greg Guarino
wrote:

On 12/1/2011 7:06 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 12/1/2011 1:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and
temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

Puckdropper

Velcro ties. They are strips maybe 6" long with the "hooks" on one side
and the "loops" on the other. Convenient for many things.

These, for instance:

http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Reusabl.../dp/B001E1Y5O6

Only for sub-2" hose.

--
Intuition isn't the enemy, but the ally, of reason.
-- John Kord Lagemann

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 12/1/2011 7:06 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 12/1/2011 1:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and
temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

Puckdropper

Velcro ties. They are strips maybe 6" long with the "hooks" on one side
and the "loops" on the other. Convenient for many things.

These, for instance:

http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Reusabl.../dp/B001E1Y5O6

Only for sub-2" hose.

That was a quick illustration. Similar products are available in longer
lengths. In music stores, even. We mu-gicians can't have our cables all
tangled.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 12/1/2011 7:06 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 12/1/2011 1:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and
temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

Puckdropper

Velcro ties. They are strips maybe 6" long with the "hooks" on one side
and the "loops" on the other. Convenient for many things.
These, for instance:

http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Reusabl.../dp/B001E1Y5O6

Only for sub-2" hose.

That was a quick illustration. Similar products are available in longer
lengths. In music stores, even. We mu-gicians can't have our cables all
tangled.

Oh, and it's not much trouble to extend them by using more than one. The
ones I have came on a roll.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/1/2011 12:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

Puckdropper

Adhere rare earth magnets to each
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 12/1/2011 7:06 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 12/1/2011 1:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and
temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

Puckdropper

Velcro ties. They are strips maybe 6" long with the "hooks" on one side
and the "loops" on the other. Convenient for many things.
These, for instance:

http://www.amazon.com/Velcro-Reusabl.../dp/B001E1Y5O6

Only for sub-2" hose.

That was a quick illustration. Similar products are available in longer
lengths. In music stores, even. We mu-gicians can't have our cables all
tangled.

Yeah, you guys have enough trouble just getting the notes out right.
gd&r

Oh, and it's not much trouble to extend them by using more than one. The
ones I have came on a roll.

My thoughts exactly. 'Tis a great price for that much velcro.

--
Intuition isn't the enemy, but the ally, of reason.
-- John Kord Lagemann

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 12/1/2011 12:42 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

Puckdropper

HD has a variety of plastic (orange, of course) cord gatherers. They
are like a single handcuff and come in a variety of size. The small
ones are about a buck each.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 12/1/2011 10:59 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 12/1/2011 10:37 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

That was a quick illustration. Similar products are available in longer
lengths. In music stores, even. We mu-gicians can't have our cables all
tangled.

Yeah, you guys have enough trouble just getting the notes out right.
gd&r

When you're good, there are no wrong notes. It's *art*, man.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I've used #14 or #12 insulated wire from Romex cut-offs, for years.
Pull out the separate black and white (or red) wire and cut to length.

I do one of two things.
1. Twist a long corkscrew around the cable to attach it, leaving enough
pigtail to wrap around the coiled up cable.
2. Cut a piece long enough to warp around the coiled cable about 1-1/2
times. It's strong enough to hold on its own without twisting together
like twist-ties, and just weak enough to be undone easily with your
fingers.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
eb.com...
When using a sander, it would be nice to be able to easily and temporarily
clip the power cord to the vacuum hose. Does anything like that exist?

A twist tie usually proves to be too difficult for temporary use.

Velcro ties.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On 12/1/2011 10:59 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 12/1/2011 10:37 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

That was a quick illustration. Similar products are available in longer
lengths. In music stores, even. We mu-gicians can't have our cables all
tangled.

Yeah, you guys have enough trouble just getting the notes out right.
gd&r

When you're good, there are no wrong notes. It's *art*, man.

Even if only to the musicalician? hic

--
Intuition isn't the enemy, but the ally, of reason.
-- John Kord Lagemann

Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote in :

I've used #14 or #12 insulated wire from Romex cut-offs, for years.
Pull out the separate black and white (or red) wire and cut to length.

I do one of two things.
1. Twist a long corkscrew around the cable to attach it, leaving enough
pigtail to wrap around the coiled up cable.
2. Cut a piece long enough to warp around the coiled cable about 1-1/2
times. It's strong enough to hold on its own without twisting together
like twist-ties, and just weak enough to be undone easily with your
fingers.

That sounds like a good idea. The heavier wire won't mash and stick like
the twist ties do, and a twist or two is the kind of ease of use I'm
looking for.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

TV Power Cord NF Electronics Repair 13 August 17th 10 09:52 AM
make sure I have the right power cord duckstandard Electronics Repair 8 March 2nd 10 07:17 AM
Shorten AC power cord??????? Colbyt Home Repair 44 May 17th 07 11:20 PM
hp power cord ee_design Electronics Repair 7 November 16th 06 04:06 AM
How Long Of A Power Cord? Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 40 October 25th 05 06:46 PM