Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Maybe a Neener

Hi Group, I don't know if this qualifies as neener but I just bought a
Jet JWL-1236 lathe off Craigslist in Washington for $175 with two
faceplates, two tool rests and the tool rest extension plus the guys
12" Craftsman bandsaw for $125 for my brother-in-law. The bandsaw looks
brand new. The lathe had a little light rust on it, was on the coast.
He would start it by spinning the chuck. When I got it home I found a
wire missing off the capacitor. That's being taken care of. Other than
that it looks new and its a vast improvement over the lathe I have now
a Dunlap that I've had since Junior High School. He also threw in some
maple blocks he had also a couple of nice pieces of yellow pine. We did
have to drive over from Boise, Id to pick it up but we needed to get
out of town anyway. Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 10:33:46 -0600, "James"
wrote:

Hi Group, I don't know if this qualifies as neener but I just bought a
Jet JWL-1236 lathe off Craigslist in Washington for $175 with two
faceplates, two tool rests and the tool rest extension plus the guys
12" Craftsman bandsaw for $125 for my brother-in-law. The bandsaw looks
brand new. The lathe had a little light rust on it, was on the coast.
He would start it by spinning the chuck. When I got it home I found a
wire missing off the capacitor. That's being taken care of. Other than
that it looks new and its a vast improvement over the lathe I have now
a Dunlap that I've had since Junior High School. He also threw in some
maple blocks he had also a couple of nice pieces of yellow pine. We did
have to drive over from Boise, Id to pick it up but we needed to get
out of town anyway. Jim

Why didn't you talk him down on either price?!?

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Wow... he paid full pop?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Hell, $125 for a brand new Crapsman anything is too much.

--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,
when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities.
-- Susan Rice
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Hi Group, I don't know if this qualifies as neener but I just
bought a Jet JWL-1236 lathe off Craigslist in Washington for $175
with two faceplates, two tool rests and the tool rest extension
plus the guys 12" Craftsman bandsaw for $125 for my brother-in-law.
The bandsaw looks brand new. The lathe had a little light rust on
it, was on the coast. He would start it by spinning the chuck.
When I got it home I found a wire missing off the capacitor. That's
being taken care of. Other than that it looks new and its a vast
improvement over the lathe I have now a Dunlap that I've had since
Junior High School. He also threw in some maple blocks he had also
a couple of nice pieces of yellow pine. We did have to drive over
from Boise, Id to pick it up but we needed to get out of town
anyway. Jim

Why didn't you talk him down on either price?!?

Actually I did on the bandsaw and since Woodcraft gets $900 + tax and
shipping for the same lathe I didn't think $175 was bad. Jim

Neener James[_14_] Woodworking 0 May 8th 09 04:11 PM
Not a Neener, but almost... Upscale Woodworking 5 September 17th 08 02:55 PM
Neener, neener, neener! Morris Dovey Woodworking 14 January 26th 06 10:42 PM
A little neener Rob V Woodworking 2 November 22nd 05 10:20 PM