TRU

Default followup: ironing laser printed patterns

Use magenta, yellow or some other contrasting color for your pattern. That
makes it a lot easier to see, although it requires color toner from a color
LaserJet or a color copier.

You could even use a green-on-red pattern for optimum visibility, but you'd
need a program like Adobe Illustrator, or some advance CAD work to create it
accurately. What I'm talking about is that each drawing line contains
alternating stripes of green-red-green.

TRU -- Tony Uranga
(Hewlett-Packard Design Engineer)

"J T" wrote in message
Wed, Jul 7, 2004, 5:10pm (EDT-1)
(Australopithecus scobis) says:
Yah. I think the iron-on method is well suited for complex patterns
snip

True. However, I always had trouble geting dark lines, even on
light color wood, and on dark wood, about impossible to see. So, I
don't use it anymore. For what I'm doing now, gluing the pattern down
works best. That does play Hell if you want to reuse the pattern tho.
LMAO

But, even as I type, it struck me. I wonder how a white wash coat
would work, to iron the pattern down on. Then, sand after, to take the
wash off. Possibly shellac first, then the wash, so the wash doesn't
soak into the wood, so excessive sanding isn't needed, to remove it.
I'm thinking the wash would make the lines show up a lot better. May
check that one day, just in case.

JOAT
What we see depends mainly on what we look for.
- Sir John Lubbock